Current UO Annoyances

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

SchezwanBeefy

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 27, 2009
South Korea
So forum, what is your current annoyance in game? Bugs, unable to gm or gain, a person... whatever.

Mine: Constantly being disconnected while hunting and dying.

Kaleb

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Not being able to use my left arm/hand for macros.

G

Gellor

Not having a third hand so I always have a beer ready to drink:thumbsup:

Actually the GM wait time is appalling and here I thought it was bad in 2000:coco:

SchezwanBeefy

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 27, 2009
South Korea
I forgot to mention: UO not wanting to auto target whatever monster is attacking me. I have to click every single time. Well, sometimes it does, but most of the time I have to click whatever is coming after me. This makes it virtually impossible to leave the computer for a full minute to go pee.

Gellor: What are you waiting for a GM for?

G

Gellor

Two or three days ago, I had bugged resists... -16 physical with no equipment and no spell effects going. One night of 3 hours and no GM. Then another two the following for 2 second fix:coco:

And to add to the list, I'm annoyed with not having macros save in the 2d client. I'm trying to bind a spell to the number key backslash(/). I can make the macro, use the macro, but the moment I log out, it is gone:cursing:

V

Velandra

OMFG..

My annoyance right now? Trammy newbies who call ALL my characters out to fel (be it my tailor or blacksmith, he doesn't seem to care) and then either never show up to fight, or accuse me of trying to gank him when people step through the gate to watch, or agree to fight someone in my place (tailors and sewing kits are tough to fight with) and then recall away or gate hop while being attacked.

Dude, Big Boss, get over yourself. We know you are a Trammy, you live in Luna, stop talking such a big talk if you aren't going to back it up, and lay off the nast, woman hating remarks.

The end.

Aaaaah, thanks Misti, I feel better already

Kaleb

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Not having a third hand so I always have a beer ready to drink:thumbsup:
You need to get one of those hats that you can put 2 beers(or jager on one side rockstar on the other) in that has straws.

G

Gellor

You need to get one of those hats that you can put 2 beers(or jager on one side rockstar on the other) in that has straws.

Damn... too small for both my head and the 1/2 gallon growlers my beer comes in:loser:

Velandra, Big Boss is STILL talking junk at Luna? He was doing that a week ago while trying to get a lesser hiryu:coco:

V

Velandra

oh yes.. he begs for a different item every week - then makes a beeline for me to call me horrible names and beg me to 'go to fel'..

But he doesn't show up.. pfft..

He claims he 'practically lives at the Yew Fel gate'.. but I haven't seen him there so maybe by 'lives' he means he gets killed and hangs around there as a ghost..

Pink Floyd

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 9, 2008
Two or three days ago, I had bugged resists... -16 physical with no equipment and no spell effects going. One night of 3 hours and no GM. Then another two the following for 2 second fix:coco:

And to add to the list, I'm annoyed with not having macros save in the 2d client. I'm trying to bind a spell to the number key backslash(/). I can make the macro, use the macro, but the moment I log out, it is gone:cursing:
You have to log out using the log out button in your paperdoll that way it saves your macros. If you x out or alt + f4 out of UO2d it will not save macros/game options that have changed.

edit: and big boss isn't that bad, I helped him with some armor the other day and he was very appreciative

M

mutau

Damn... too small for both my head and the 1/2 gallon growlers my beer comes in:loser:

:
Would one of those realy long curly straws work if the mini keg was on the table or floor?

V

Velandra

edit: and big boss isn't that bad, I helped him with some armor the other day and he was very appreciative

Yeah.. actually, he could have been banned for what he said to me.. he really is that bad.

SchezwanBeefy

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 27, 2009
South Korea
Oh Vel, that's one of mine too. Haven't seen him today but I'm sick of getting called to Fel. Big Boss was part of my very own guild once, so I do know how bad he is. All he does its beg and ask everyone else for things in guild rather than getting it himself or finding it, and he never says thanks if you rez him or help him. I am glad he was thankful to you, though. What he called Vel was absolutely unforgivable.
Big Boss, learn to PVP and learn the rules of Fel - ganking isn't against any code in Fel. In fact, it's just a part of PVP that happens... all the time. What's the most annoying is when you recall out or gate out just in the nick of time.

Emil Ispep

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 23, 2006
Hmm lets see.. (in no praticular order)

Big-brown-brow-babyface-Baron.. and his excellent roleplaying. /sarcasm

Loosing connection while farming solens.. auto defend.. acid splash.. death upon reconnecting.. fun fun.

Comcast wants to dig up my yard.. im like you just did last year?

Recall/gate travel crash bug.

Republicans.

Slave Girl complaining about everything.

Democrats.

Overpowered archery/tamers/mages..

My empty beer can, in combination with 9 dollar cigarettes and a lack of reef..

Hmm bout all I can think of right now lol.

Whas goin on with your hand Kaleb?

G

Gellor

You have to log out using the log out button in your paperdoll that way it saves your macros. If you x out or alt + f4 out of UO2d it will not save macros/game options that have changed.
Actually, that is the only way I log out... using the logout button.:thumbsup: So I'm not sure why it doesn't like that macro. But it is annoying as hell to have to remember to add a macro to a spawn char:loser: Get to the spawn and sit there going WTF:coco:

SchezwanBeefy

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 27, 2009
South Korea
People who take over a spawn with their greater dragons and recall out, then come back every 20 minutes after.
Seriously!? ARGH, that is just crap! They leave their dragons to fight and wrack up all those ToT points and come back every now and again to heal. Absolute friggin' crap.

D

Destiny<3

My complaint is all these events and never really knowing when they are, but someone makes it to all of them and brags about winning yet they only won because they stalk the counselors hall apparently. :talktothehand:

Kaleb

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Whas goin on with your hand Kaleb?

Wrecked my Dirt bike, whole left side is pretty much broken lol but the good news i can get that cast off my hand next week Woot!

V

Velandra

My complaint is all these events and never really knowing when they are :talktothehand:
Seriously? That is an easy annoyance to overcome. The EMs put out lanterns a couple of days before events at the moongates - it's really easy, just click on them for the info.

I am excellent at solving problems. :)

Emil Ispep

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 23, 2006
Wrecked my Dirt bike, whole left side is pretty much broken lol but the good news i can get that cast off my hand next week Woot!
Ouch.. that sucks man. Good to hear its comming off soon. Last summer sucked for me.. a 53lb coil of wire fell off the belt onto my foot at work and fractured my big toe. Was a pretty crappy summer after that, but i got a 2k settlement out of it as a result lol.

Hi Dessy =). And yes, i wish town criers were still around.. and the EMs would make use of them.. not just the sherry the rat statues.

D

Destiny<3

Seriously? That is an easy annoyance to overcome. The EMs put out lanterns a couple of days before events at the moongates - it's really easy, just click on them for the info.

I am excellent at solving problems. :)
This is not always true actually, and I remember days of defending people too until I knew their true character.

Hi Dimmy :)

V

Velandra

This is not always true actually, and I remember days of defending people too until I knew their true character.

Hi Dimmy :)
Wait, what? I just re-read my post and am confused. I have made it to all of the events in the past month because of clicking lanterns - and I am trying to figure out how my post was defending anyone? *sooooo confused*

S

SUPRsalad

Oh Vel, that's one of mine too. Haven't seen him today but I'm sick of getting called to Fel. Big Boss was part of my very own guild once, so I do know how bad he is. All he does its beg and ask everyone else for things in guild rather than getting it himself or finding it, and he never says thanks if you rez him or help him. I am glad he was thankful to you, though. What he called Vel was absolutely unforgivable.
Big Boss, learn to PVP and learn the rules of Fel - ganking isn't against any code in Fel. In fact, it's just a part of PVP that happens... all the time. What's the most annoying is when you recall out or gate out just in the nick of time.
man, that annoys you? I always want that to happen when im on my crafter, and it never happens.... it feels so good to kill people who aren't as good as you that think they are. . (the object of uo)

SchezwanBeefy

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 27, 2009
South Korea
man, that annoys you? I always want that to happen when im on my crafter, and it never happens.... it feels so good to kill people who aren't as good as you that think they are. . (the object of uo)
It's not that I mind being called to Fel, it's his running that is the most irritating thing ever and he will go back to Luna and tell you to go back twenty times as if you were the one who sucked.

V

Velandra

I am easily annoyed.. :)

I am almost bored with tram now that I have really tasted fel (yeah, yeah, I have had a red for like 6 years but never really knew what the heck I was doing), I have learned to accept that if some dbag in Luna calls you out to fel, they will likely never show up, and if they do they will gate hop or recall away. Soooo, with that in mind, I've been on the prowl for people to kill to get out my aggression towards Big Boss and his kind.. no wonder you SUPR guys like to murder everyone you see.. it's actually quite fun :)

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 23, 2005
Haven
I am easily annoyed.. :)

I am almost bored with tram now that I have really tasted fel (yeah, yeah, I have had a red for like 6 years but never really knew what the heck I was doing), I have learned to accept that if some dbag in Luna calls you out to fel, they will likely never show up, and if they do they will gate hop or recall away. Soooo, with that in mind, I've been on the prowl for people to kill to get out my aggression towards Big Boss and his kind.. no wonder you SUPR guys like to murder everyone you see.. it's actually quite fun :)
You would have LOVED FL back in the day then.

Sadly red guilds have become watered down and boring. And it's the same players who guildhop/satart new guilds over and over again.
THey should just stop fixing/updating UO and let it die.

S

SUPRsalad

You would have LOVED FL back in the day then.

Sadly red guilds have become watered down and boring. And it's the same players who guildhop/satart new guilds over and over again.
THey should just stop fixing/updating UO and let it die.
Tesla! For someone who is never in fel, you seem quite informed!

good to see you btw.

V

Velandra

no kidding.. itching to get in, things to do... and then.. down.. pffft..

*wants a tractor ride*

S

SUPRsalad

a wife that would rather I sit idly reading UFO conspiracy literature, playing with sigs, reading uhaul, masturbating, or playing guitar till my fingers are numb, than play a game i love.. *sigh*

edit: OH and all the while, shes watching 'weeds' or 'dexter' or some ****.

V

Velandra

actually, all of those things will cause your fingers to go numb eventually..

hope to help.. :)

SchezwanBeefy

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 27, 2009
South Korea
a wife that would rather I sit idly reading UFO conspiracy literature, playing with sigs, reading uhaul, masturbating, or playing guitar till my fingers are numb, than play a game i love.. *sigh*

edit: OH and all the while, shes watching 'weeds' or 'dexter' or some ****.
WEEDS is so worth the abandonment of a husband.
I'm just saying I like to watch hot chicks and their drama. That's all.

S

SUPRsalad

right? and uo is so worth abandoning a wife? (or lack thereof, cus shes busy abandoning me for hot chicks and their drama) right?

V

Velandra

hmm.. lately it seems uo just may be worth abandoning a spouse for.. depending on the spouse of course.. ;)

SchezwanBeefy

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 27, 2009
South Korea
right? and uo is so worth abandoning a wife? (or lack thereof, cus shes busy abandoning me for hot chicks and their drama) right?
You are soooo correct. =]
However, when I ignore my girlfriend for UO, she gets super irritated and then I have to deal with her huffing and going "come ooooon".

SchezwanBeefy

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 27, 2009
South Korea
heh, not really a good sign beef..
What? The huffing or the addiction to UO?
Oh, trust me sir, I take long absences from UO frequently (like 5+ days... so not that long but you know what I mean) in order to bow down to her whims. Do I get any UO time or whims met? No!