• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Curious about something

Z

ZippyW

So, yesterday, a couple of TF's and I went to do a CFO in River, one wasn't a HW, but a big enough suit, all maxed gags except for trap, and the rest of the load were HW's. Just before we got on, one of the HW's kept asking my friend if he had gags. He said yes. Then, the HW kept repeating "Let's use trap" - or words to that affect. My friend had brought a full 80 load of gags, but had not filled his trap doors (which is one reason why he isn't maxed in trap yet!!). This HW actually refused to get on the elevator, and another HW took his place and we went and did fine.

We talked about this, and my question is... would you make that big a deal out of someone not bringing trap or drop, or really not the full 7 of one, because he did have mud? I can't think that I would refuse to load with a toon who was short the full 6-7 on one gag, even if it was sound.

I've kind-of gotten the impression that there are some toons who won't play with toons who are not maxed in ALL their gags, and that baffles me too, but I just don't get what the big deal was about my friend not having 3 trap doors.

L

Little Sadie

I was in the CFO yesterday when I heard some toon saying Got Gags and Let's use trap. Don't know if it was the same one but it was a nightmare with all the cowardly RBs shuffling.

As far as your friend goes, it would bother me in that I would think if he was out of doors, what makes me think he has a full load of of other gags. For I alll know he might have had only one fog, one cake, and so on too. I have seen it in VPs too many times where the new toons go straight from factory to VP and don't have the respect to get gags. If I saw your friend I'd think he has forgotten to get gags since he had no doors.

S

susan4633

my guess is...the toon probably thought your friend didn't have a full complement of 80 gags. on rare occasions :blushing: i have put a toon to bed after a boss battle without restocking. then i show up at a fight without thinking to check my gags. i may have only 1 fog. fog shows as present when someone may look at my gags, but i will not be fighting to full capacity if i haven't restocked.

it has happened to friends too. i went to do a cgc with a friend, and although you deliberately go in short on gags, the major gag you want filled is sound. she ended up throwing a restock, which while nice for her, killed us because when we hit the golf course inside, we weren't able to get other level 6 gags back cause we had bugles and bike horns. AND what if she hadn't had a restock?? yes you can play without sound..and we all have, but when you have multiple cgcs to run/or mints/or das, you prefer to get out as fast as possible.

just a thought

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was with you, until you mentioned he had sand. Now you said CFO but also said HW. I agree with the two before me. If your friend showed having sand but no door, it would appear he forgot to get gags. ESPECIALLY if that door was his highest trap gag. Would I refuse to load? No. But I would try to make the toon aware of the situation, along the same lines as the toon you're talking about. If it was the VP, I wouldn't have cared.

Z

ZippyW

Thanks for your opinions!!! Sorry, I switched to HW, but it was CFO and RBs. There wasn't any shuffling, we loaded and went, but one spot stayed empty for a couple of seconds until another RB came up and got on. I've also gone into the CFO, to my shame, without gagging up, and didn't think they might have thought that - too bad the gag page doesn't say how many weapons they are carrying. My friend had all his 7's and other 6's (throw, sound, squirt, lure, TU).

Also on this run, we had one toon completely freeze up and ended up losing them altogether. I'm beginning to want to avoid boss battles in River. Seems to have happened frequently this week.

F

Fangs McWolf

My friend had brought a full 80 load of gags, but had not filled his trap doors (which is one reason why he isn't maxed in trap yet!!).
Tell your friend to always stock on at least 1 door and 1 sand, then the rest however he wants. That way he doesn't have to use trap, but at least it won't have others thinking, "They need to restock."

Also, would help if your friend had "Trust me" too, because then he could say "I have enough gags." and "Trust me". That too would help to let the other player know that the missing gag(s) are on purpose and that he does have his full supplement with him.

Z

ZippyW

I tease him about trap all the time because he is taking so long. I MAKE him do a few every time I play with him! I have a small toon with drop, and I forget about that all the time too, but it's because I'm usually on a toon with trap. Those first drop sandbags took 4-ever to get rid of!! LOL!