• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Curious about Nujelm Moongate??

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can only use it to leave but there is no choice to get there from anywhere else?

ANy one know why?

K

Kiminality

As I understand it, it was intended to never be a part of the original moongate network.

The moongate was added there, because it's pretty easy to get stuck there.

J

Jhym

There were only the 8 moongates to the major cities. Nujelm, Occlo, Ice Isle, Fire Isle, and Buc's Den never had them. They added one to Nujelm because players would get stuck -- before we could activate the 'stuck take me somewhere else" function.
Buc's Den was silly, never quite understood why they added the pillar/step gate to it; They've always ignored Occlo and the other islands, which is just fine by me.

I'm a fan of there being places that are tough to get to, however EA has always had this thing about reducing their support calls, so expect there to be gates and magic wormholes to everywhere eventually, since people seem to be unable to help themselves anymore.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Buc's Den was silly, never quite understood why they added the pillar/step gate to it;
That is specific to Atlantic... not a feature you will find across the board like Nujelms gate.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
And legends, i think its everywhere dude.
Pretty much yea it is...It's a standard feature they use on the "Blank" that makes up the Trammel and Felucca maps. If they open a new Shard there it is already to go.

L

Lord Drakelord

You can only use it to leave but there is no choice to get there from anywhere else?

ANy one know why?
In the old days to me it was a safe moongate as you never saw anyone there when you needed to use a moongate to get back to Trammel. During the NJ battles was a way to get to a healer, since the island has none.

B

BartofCats

the arch in buc's den is alive and well on cats too.

The moongate in nu'jelem also works on cats.. can go anywhere a moongate goes but cant come back to the island.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And legends, i think its everywhere dude.
Pretty much yea it is...It's a standard feature they use on the "Blank" that makes up the Trammel and Felucca maps. If they open a new Shard there it is already to go.
Check Siege and tell me if its there. ;)

Then check Trammel on any shard and tell me if it's there.

I'm pretty sure it was part of an event a LOOOONG time ago, is what I was saying. Could of swore there were a few shards I've visited that it's not on.

*shrugs*

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm pretty sure it was part of an event a LOOOONG time ago, is what I was saying. Could of swore there were a few shards I've visited that it's not on.

*shrugs*
Siege doesn't have it... and I can't think of a reason why, if every other shard in this game really does have it.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Before they wiped it?

I've been on Siege since 00/01 and I can't remember a time when it was there...

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
EUROPA as had the arches as long as i can remember TOO

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It's there on Lake Austin, Trammel & Fel

drinkbeerallday

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's there on Lake Austin, Trammel & Fel
i was bored enough so i just checked on LS. the gate at Nujel'm is present behind the "flea market" area in both Tram and Fel and the steps to and from bucs den are present in both Tram and Fel