• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Cross Pollinating - What did I do wrong?

Jazzer

Adventurer
Hello all. I had the bright idea to try my luck in gardening. Something a little different and I could produce some things that could help my other characters like orange petals so, I purchased a raised garden bed. After I went out and killed some things and picked up some seeds, I decided to cross breed the plants I did get in hope to get the seeds for the plants I wasn't able to get. I did the research on planting and thought I had a pretty good idea what to do, I was wrong.

My aim for the first row was to get "Water Plant" and "Barrel Cactus" so I planted a Tri-barrel Cactus at the top left and to the right of that, a Fern. To the right of the Fern, I planted a Prickly Pear Cactus. When it came time to pollinate, I took the pollen from the Tri-barrel Cactus and pollinated both the Fern and the Prickly Pear Cactus. At the end I didnt get what I wanted; the Fern produced "Lillie" Seeds and the Prickly Pear Cactus produced "Elephant Ear".

The Second row I planted a Yellow Tri-barrel Cactus which I pollinated a Red Tri-barrel Cactus and a Red Tri-barrel Cactus hoping to get an Orange and a Green in the same plant but instead, I got an Orange and a Green " Ponytail Palm". What the heck?

For the third and last row I planted Rushes which I pollinated Lillies and a Fern and got what I expected which was "Pampas Grass and "Elephant Ear" respectively.

What did I do wrong on the first two rows of plants?

Thanks for your help!

Last edited: