• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Crimson Cinture Bug/Clothing Blessed Bug

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just had a blessed Crimson Cinture disappear from one my characters after dieing.

Has anyone else experienced losing blessed clothing items. Usually I can log back in and items that may not have been visable will re-appear this is not the case.

Has this bug been posted about befpre or addressed by the Dev Team?

I am one unhappy camper right now.

Someone please shed some light on what happened...

R

Revenant2

Did you get to return to your body to loot yourself, or was it one of those deals where the body could not be retrieved after you died and it decayed?

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't recall I may have gotten to the body shortly after it decayed to bones. But all clothing popped back to the paperdoll when I acessed the corpse with the exception of the blessed Crimson Cinture.

Have you had something similiar happen?

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That same exact thing happened to a guildmate when we were pk'd at a champ spawn. The Blessed Crimson vanished when she res'd and could not be found on the corpse.

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the feedback.

I must say that this is total and utter BS!

I spent hours upon hours doing peerless to get a Crimson and went bought a CBD so all my work would not be for nothing.

Devs please tell me you are in fact aware of this bug and doing everything humanly possible to correct it or and see to it that it gets fixed.

This is a huge dissappointment and I'm sure for others as well. I am in no hurry to go do anymore peerless of much of anything in Britannia right now.

Morale is very low...:pint:

R

Revenant2

I wonder if you had the "insurance bug" (which may actually be more than one problem and one of those is not really an insurance bug, it affects blessed items too), and your crimson hit your corpse, and it was looted by a monster.

If you happened to note the *rummages through a corpse and takes an item* on the part of a monster that was near your corpse, maybe that's the deal.

Sucks that if someone kilt that particular monster, you woulda been able to loot the crimson off of the monster's corpse in your own loot instance, but that's not something one would necessarily think to jump on in that circumstance.

J

jelinidas

My Crimmy is also blessed, but never just pops on when I open corpse. I have to re equip it. Now just a thought and Im sure you looked, but....are you sure it is not under a spell book in your pack? A red rune book? Those dang things have a way of blending in. Just a thought and hope it's there. If not...THAT SUCKS.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My Crimmy is also blessed, but never just pops on when I open corpse. I have to re equip it. Now just a thought and Im sure you looked, but....are you sure it is not under a spell book in your pack? A red rune book? Those dang things have a way of blending in. Just a thought and hope it's there. If not...THAT SUCKS.
Blessed items and newbied items never do that, its only for the insured items that re-appear on the body when looting the corpse.

But anyways, look carefully in your bag, even go so far as to remove everything until the number of items in the bag says 0 to make sure that your crimmy really is gone. You may be surprised to see that it is just blended in.

S

Starla

I had a bless robe of equinox disappeared when I died and was ressed at Travesty once. However since its just a robe of equinox, it did not affect me much. It did reappear again after I relogged in. Weird...

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your absolutely correct blessed items never pop back up on the paperdoll. What I meant is that I accessed my corpse all my clothes popped up on my paperdoll ( so I should have everything back) but the crimson was nowhere to be found. I don't think accessing the corpse even affects the insured blessed items because they are in pop in your pack as a ghost. I just don't understand it and I'm totally disappointed.

I strictly use the UOKR client and used the view packpack list and nowwhere was the crimson. I logged onto the 2D client as well and nothing there as well.

Absolutely Brutal.

I just hope that it becomes known to the Devs that when someone else comes along and says "hey my blessed item up and disappeared" that they don't think the guy is nuts or did something stupid.

No blessed item should be lost..Ever! Something funky happened.

Had it been one of those new shirts I could have lived it off. I literally spent weeks doing peerless praying for a CC to drop.

Brutal. Absolutely Brutal.:lame:

T

Thrand Graywolf

I strictly use the UOKR client and used the view packpack list and nowwhere was the crimson. I logged onto the 2D client as well and nothing there as well.
You sure about it being gone in 2D, too? KR has an old bug where it can lose track of items in your pack. If you log in 2D and move the item it can find it again. Be real sure in 2D that it's not there.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

If an item disappears in a KR backpack, you can gerenally close, then re-open the backpack and get it to appear (assuming t's still there of course)

WWGRD?

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your absolutely correct blessed items never pop back up on the paperdoll. What I meant is that I accessed my corpse all my clothes popped up on my paperdoll ( so I should have everything back) but the crimson was nowhere to be found. I don't think accessing the corpse even affects the insured blessed items because they are in pop in your pack as a ghost. I just don't understand it and I'm totally disappointed.

Absolutely Brutal.

I just hope that it becomes known to the Devs that when someone else comes along and says "hey my blessed item up and disappeared" that they don't think the guy is nuts or did something stupid.

No blessed item should be lost..Ever! Something funky happened.

Had it been one of those new shirts I could have lived it off. I literally spent weeks doing peerless praying for a CC to drop.

Brutal. Absolutely Brutal.:lame:
A blessed crimson will fall to your corpse if you are overloaded (ie 125 items in your pack). Mine has done it. Thats not a bug, thats being greedy. But that was a lot more common when potions didn't stack. Luckily I was testing it to see what would happen if I died so I got it back.

J

jelinidas

WWGRD, I disagree. This is a bug if what you say is correct. I agree with the op that no blessed item should ever be lost. I do hope you at least tried to report this as a bug, Could have saved someone a lot less pain. If I get time tomorrow, i will try to check out.

T

Tragedy

Myself had that prob with a blessed item but really was a prob with the KR client in my case. I quit the game and logged in and still wasnt there. I then an across a server line and it reappeared in backpack.
Another thing that happen with that Client all my armor dissapear but still had the attributes naked!

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Good lord there's a Legendary Necromancer in this thread!

And yeah, this bug has been around for a while, it sucks, but since it can't be consistently reproduced its not very easy to fix.

Nyses

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have "lost" lots of items over the years. Most were my own fault, new char not turning on the Auto renew option.

However, a couple years back, there was one incident. I died outside of Destard. I rezzed and was back to my body within one minute. The only thing I was missing was my blessed vet robe. I was not anywhere near max weight or items and there were no monsters around. I never did recover that robe, it went *poof* :(

L

Loqucious

The bug definately exists I have lost two items over the last couple years to the bug. Problem is that nobody seems to be able to isolate why it happens. Basically we're reamed.

B

Beldon

Yeah, I had the exact samething happen with a blessed Crimson Cinture. Couldn't find it on my character no matter what I did. Finally tried logging into KR and there it was still in my backpack.

P

packrat

Its a bug. for some reason the clothes bless deads are not showing up on the item. Make sure when you bless an item it says "blessed" if not, you will lose it if you dont get to your bones in time. Page a GM and they will correct it for you.
I also heard if its insured and you bless it, it will not work right. When insurance first came out years ago there was a bug that worked the same way. With the blessed, insured items.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1) there has not been a bug of this sort in ages, most of the claims are the result of lieing and simply an oversight. A blessed crimson could have been lost due to having it stick to your cursor rather than equip right. there have been thoughts that it may fall to ground or in a corpse by mistake in some cases(i've seen people do this and gotten a free one once or twice.)

2) thankfully it was a fairly cheap and common item you lost.

L

Loqucious

2) thankfully it was a fairly cheap and common item you lost.[/QUOTE]

Brother if you happen to have an extra of these cheap and common items on ATL please PM me and I'll gladly take it off your hands. I've done over 500 Lady M runs and still havn't gotten one.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Sometimes when you die you die cursed and overweight..... it's at these times that very often folk lose things.....

Why???? Because you are overweight and even though you went back and clicked the corpse and things "went back where they should" minus the item..... you're still under the effects of the curse...... so when it fills up your body to the point where your at weight..... It then stops..... and whatever is "left" remains on your corpse..... Unfortunately I find that often times this includes but is not limited to..... Blessed, insured, and otherwise valuable items that you would NEVER think would be lost.......

This is how I've actually "lost" runebooks!..... something one would think NEVER should happen....

At anyrate to my point of this whole story...... NEVER just click your corpse and walk away........ ALWAYS open it up and SEE that it's empty...... ALWAYS. This will save you a whole lot of heartache .......

Hope that helps

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
2) thankfully it was a fairly cheap and common item you lost.
Brother if you happen to have an extra of these cheap and common items on ATL please PM me and I'll gladly take it off your hands. I've done over 500 Lady M runs and still havn't gotten one.[/QUOTE]
I've got like 4 left and I've sold about 3 this week. UO is an easy game to make money in. I find it hard to believe anyone whose played over 4 years doesn't have at least 300million in items.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've got like 4 left and I've sold about 3 this week. UO is an easy game to make money in. I find it hard to believe anyone whose played over 4 years doesn't have at least 300million in items.
Please share your secret o great one, I've done about 30 dread solo runs in the last week and not a single one.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I've done over 300 Travisties and at least 20 dreadhorns, along with another 200 Lady M's........ and you know how many Crimmy's I've gotten from all that...... 1...... thats right ONE..... throw in the 2 or three dozen times I've done the others like Paroxy and that's the sum total reward for my efforts..... I've been there when 3 other people have gotten one.... But myself personally I've gotten just one... and that was on my tamer..... Who I used to take to them all the time in a 1615 luck suit..... So luck was NEVER on my side. She's also never gotten an artie in Doom either.... Heck my archer gets more good stuff than she does..

But that's beside the point....... If this guy thinks they are easy I want to know what he's doing that I'm not..... cause I don't get them.

Doomsday Dragon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Blessed items and newbied items never do that, its only for the insured items that re-appear on the body when looting the corpse.

But anyways, look carefully in your bag, even go so far as to remove everything until the number of items in the bag says 0 to make sure that your crimmy really is gone. You may be surprised to see that it is just blended in.
Yeah I can tell you right now I have yet to have a single blessed item of any sort ever drop.

I lost many suits due to the insurance bug and the only pieces that ever stayed with me were the blessed ones. Everything else was lost completely every time it happened.

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would you happen to be on Pacific?
Connor ..sorry for the late reply. I'm on Sonoma. Did something similar happen on Pacific? Did you find a Crimson laying on the ground.

I could very well have done something stupid...as one poster mentioned above when dragging blessed clothing items back to my paperdoll after death and accidently like an idiot dropped it on the floor. I did this last week with one of the "I went to Moonglow and all I got was this lousy tshirt' shirts. I went back into the weald for my 2nd run at the dreadhorn and sure enough there was my blessed shirt laying on the ground. It's a possiblility but take my word for it that when I realized the crimson was gone I look all over the ground for it with Ctrl-shift and it wasn't anywhere and we all know items don't decay as fast as they once did they linger around much longer.

There is for a fact a bug with the clothing bless deed not working properly but the one I lost did have the tag 'blessed' on it.

I'll never know what happened...

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've done over 300 Travisties and at least 20 dreadhorns, along with another 200 Lady M's........ and you know how many Crimmy's I've gotten from all that...... 1...... thats right ONE..... throw in the 2 or three dozen times I've done the others like Paroxy and that's the sum total reward for my efforts..... I've been there when 3 other people have gotten one.... But myself personally I've gotten just one... and that was on my tamer..... Who I used to take to them all the time in a 1615 luck suit..... So luck was NEVER on my side. She's also never gotten an artie in Doom either.... Heck my archer gets more good stuff than she does..

But that's beside the point....... If this guy thinks they are easy I want to know what he's doing that I'm not..... cause I don't get them.
Today I received my 10th Crimson. One of which I've lost as mentioned. So being that I'm in a good mood I'll share my thoughts and insights into the drop rate of one of what I consider one of the most coveted items in the game.

I'm sure many will think I'm full of BS or that I'm just one lucky SOB. First I will say is that I've put in the hours. And I mean hours upon hours after having certain peerless wired down to a science to maximze time saving.

I've also done virtuallty nothing but hunt peerless in my lust for the Crimson Cinture for the last 6 months. Almost every day 6-8 hours a day. Yes I've had alot of free time on my hands...

I remember before the the forums went down there was a thread about the Crimson Drop rate in which Lord Blaze claimed to do 5-8 peerless a night. I thought he was full of #$%^ and it was not possible to do that many runs, especially after my first peerless experience.

My first 3 or 4 peerless runs I ended up walking out a ghost demoralized and humbled with only a deathrobe as a reward for my efforts.

The first successful peerless I took down took almost the entire 2 hours and I was literally a minute or two away from the beast disappearing from reaching the 2 hour benchmark.

Now I've been reading posts about other people doing hundreds of Peerless and claiming not to have gotten a Crimson.

After doing somewhere over 500+ Peerless runs I believe the drop rate chance is somewhere in the range of 2% or below. Luck in my opinion plays no role whatsoever in the chance of a Crimson Dropping. Luck will provide a signifigant boost to item properties and mods on weapons that are dropped. I've pulled some very nice bows and ornate axes with the luck boost. Wearing luck will not always guarantee you the boost to properties but it will be noticebale if it kicks in.

Every 50-60 Peerless runs I would get 'lucky' and a CC would drop. With the exception of one time where I did a chain of 10 and received 2 Crimson drops.:party:

Not too long ago I was invited by two very cool players who had acquired keys to Peerless right before the beast was about to drop they broke party (Now this was fine by me as they had done all the leg work in gathering the keys). But when looting time came around I received all the ingredients which I ended up giving back to them. Anyways my point is that this party breaking is a big No No...the drop system is not fair or balanced. They were using greater Dragons and I was using my Ornate Axe. The dragons by far did more of the damage.

If your hunting with a group of close friends you trust I don't see the need for it. Those of you who have done hundreds of peerless runs and haven't gotten a Crimson Drop and go with the 'break party' stop doing it. Go with people you trust and alternate if the Crimson drop.

All peerless have the same chance for dropping a Crimson Cinture. I've received all 10 of my Crimson's from the turncoat Unicorn. Now 95% of the time the loot is worthless with the exception of the ingredients and there have been many times I've asked myself why do I keep doing 'this'. But I knew why....

It is by no means easy and you have to do lots and lots of peerless and you have to be consistent in doing peerless runs. But they will drop...albiet a 2% chance :stir:

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
After doing somewhere over 500+ Peerless runs I believe the drop rate chance is somewhere in the range of 2% or below. Luck in my opinion plays no role whatsoever in the chance of a Crimson Dropping. Luck will provide a signifigant boost to item properties and mods on weapons that are dropped. I've pulled some very nice bows and ornate axes with the luck boost. Wearing luck will not always guarantee you the boost to properties but it will be noticebale if it kicks in.

Every 50-60 Peerless runs I would get 'lucky' and a CC would drop. With the exception of one time where I did a chain of 10 and received 2 Crimson drops.:party:
Now tell me this, are these 50-60 runs solo runs or with a group? I solo Dreadhorn at least 15 times a week, with the occasional Travesty or Paroxysmus. It's been at least 2 months since my last one. So in summary: What. The. ****?

W

Wallenstein

Page a GM and ask him to check your "ghost backpack". Two years ago a guildmate of mine lost his blessed sandals and paged a GM about it. Turns out the sandals were in his "ghost backpack" and were returned to him. Apparently items that are carried with you when you die are placed into a secret backpack and sometimes they can get stuck there, only able to be removed by a GM.

Vesta

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did you move everything in your backpack. It may be hidden under a rune book or some other book.

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now tell me this, are these 50-60 runs solo runs or with a group? I solo Dreadhorn at least 15 times a week, with the occasional Travesty or Paroxysmus. It's been at least 2 months since my last one. So in summary: What. The. ****?
I've averaged 6-8 runs a day sometimes more depending on how lucky I got with key gathering. All my farming is with a group consisting of 3. The time involved in trying to do 50,000 damage solo it too much to put together the string of runs required to wet my appetite for the crimson. One greater Dragon will take a minimun of 40 mins to bring down the corrupted unicorn. This is too much time to do serious farming.

I hear people say they solo Dreadhorn and after having done 500+ runs I don't see how you can do it with any effeciency. I believe the sampire templates are able to defeat the dreadhorn but I'd imagine they'd have issues in the key gathering. If there are any tamers out there who want to show me how you solo the Dreadhorn I'm all ears and I will log onto your shard as a ghost just to watch for the ride.

I've seen some interesting tactics employed in taking down the corrupted unicorn that I would by no means consider 'solo' or even legitmate and they are extremley time consuming.

I watched a tamer with a Greater Dragon try and solo the DH earlier this week an he got lit up like a firecracker in less than 2 mins. The evil unicorn's bull rush charge combined with him shooting his column of fire is guaranteed death and that's not to mention his poison. There were occassions when I've been dropped in 2 seconds flat wearing a full darkwood bloodwood and bracelet of health. So trying to solo the corrupted unicorn in volume which is what is needed to produce a crimson drop just isn't feasible in my opinion.

There were times when I was well over 60 runs without getting a Crimson. :(

Do you know how many times I thought I was due and didn't get anything.:rant2:

Just keep at it and be consistent and the RNG will do it's thing.:thumbup:

C

Connor_Graham

Connor ..sorry for the late reply. I'm on Sonoma. Did something similar happen on Pacific? Did you find a Crimson laying on the ground.
No, I'd never be that lucky to find one just laying on the ground. I was actually going to offer to replace the one you'd lost, but with you being on Sonoma that kills that. Hope you find a replacement for it soon.

Edit: I just read farther into the thread and see that you got one as a drop. Glad to hear that.

J

Joyous2K

I just had a blessed Crimson Cinture disappear from one my characters after dieing.

Has anyone else experienced losing blessed clothing items. Usually I can log back in and items that may not have been visable will re-appear this is not the case.

Has this bug been posted about befpre or addressed by the Dev Team?

I am one unhappy camper right now.

Someone please shed some light on what happened...
I had a guy on LS say he lost his insured Rune Beetle Carapace with a stranger. So there may be bug with them.

Ever since devs said vendors can't sell insured items I figured the whole system must be bugged. I'm probably right, but who knows? TOugh one to test and verify there.

What I do if I am in receipt of an item not insured by me is that I uninsure it and then I check to see that it is uninsured. Then I re-insure it.

I don''t think you can do this with blessed though. It may be same issue though. Blessed by a particular person and then given over to you might have caused it to not behave as blessed.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I lost a Totem of the Void with 50% Rune Beetle Protection on it awhile back, even though it was Insured. Really sucked, because that's when Rune Beetles were the favorite of Tamers in Fel.

Me and a friend would 2 man Mel within 10-20 minutes each time. He uses 2 comps and uses his 2 Tamer/Mages, Cu Sidhes to tank, while keeping them healed, and i dish out the damage with my Samurai/Paladin/Archer. We've done at least 100 of them, and i have yet to see the Crimson drop off her. We have a deal where since he already has a few Crimsons and i don't have even one, that i get the first one that drops. I've been in groups where the Crimson has dropped before, but every single time i've lost the roll for it. Have seen it drop 3-5 times since ML came out.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I hear people say they solo Dreadhorn and after having done 500+ runs I don't see how you can do it with any effeciency. I believe the sampire templates are able to defeat the dreadhorn but I'd imagine they'd have issues in the key gathering. If there are any tamers out there who want to show me how you solo the Dreadhorn I'm all ears and I will log onto your shard as a ghost just to watch for the ride.

I've seen some interesting tactics employed in taking down the corrupted unicorn that I would by no means consider 'solo' or even legitmate and they are extremley time consuming.
I wouldn't call it time consuming for me by any means, it takes 10 minutes per set of keys on average, and a little over 10 to kill Dreadhorn. I've seen groups of 5 or more that take longer than me, and I VERY rarely die to Dreadhorn. But then, I'm using a sampire decked out in tons of DCI, +Dex gear, and all 65s+ resists. Since my first solo attempt I've died about 10 times in over 200 runs. I'd definitely say that the sampire is the most efficient PvM template for soloing Dreadhorn, at least.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

I've never had anything blessed drop.

The drop rate of crimsons is kind of messed up I think, I've done about 80 or so Paroxysmus' and out of those had 3 crimsons. The first one was in the first 3, the second was in the first 10, the third was on about #67. So it's very possible to go for long peirods without one.

I've never had anything but blight/muculent from group ones. I think it's quicker (& sometimes easier) to solo them on the 'right' char for each one.

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wouldn't call it time consuming for me by any means, it takes 10 minutes per set of keys on average, and a little over 10 to kill Dreadhorn. I've seen groups of 5 or more that take longer than me, and I VERY rarely die to Dreadhorn. But then, I'm using a sampire decked out in tons of DCI, +Dex gear, and all 65s+ resists. Since my first solo attempt I've died about 10 times in over 200 runs. I'd definitely say that the sampire is the most efficient PvM template for soloing Dreadhorn, at least.
You don't happen to be on Sonoma do you?

I tried once to solo the Dreadhorn with my sampire and got my head handed to me. If there's anyone on Sonoma or even another shard that is willing to show me how one is able to solo the dreadhorn I'd love to come and watch. :popcorn:

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It isnt as uncommon as people may think, and I think it might be tied to the char being bugged. My husband dropped his bless crimson 3 times in Doom one night - all three times he had to loot it off the DF corpse. He also had a Sammy Helm drop that night - again, to be found in the DF corpse. ONLY his blessed items were dropping. He had had other issues (of item dropping) on this and other chars on his acct for about 6 months.

He put in a help report and prepared to re-make the char, however one day he was playing and got a message "So-and-so with EAGames is logging you out of your acct" or something of the sort. His acct was inaccessable for about 30 mins and he has never had the problem since. Don't know what they did to it, but EA did fix it.

B

butthead owns

yes my guild has lost spell books crimsons and many other blessed and insured items due to a bug best thing for u to do is play it safe and always check every peice of amr qeverytime u log in and die