• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

crimson cincture

• Thread starter bob da builder
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
B

bob da builder

i have fought dread horn like 20 times and no cincture,i am top attacker;
heck half of the time i do it by myself just wondering how many times is the average before a crimson drop.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been doing Mel, Travesty, Dread Horn and the Grizzle several times a week for about 18 months now, and still haven't seen a CC.

Other people with me have though... three times (Once on Mel, once on Griz and once on Trav).

So if you average 5 times a week for 18 months (sometimes I do more, sometimes less... I'm just guessing 5) that'll be 3 times what I suspect the rate is (about 1 in 120).

On the other hand, I always say I'm unlucky, so it could be better.

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Crimmy's are funny. I have done Mel and Dread a lot...probably in the hundreds of times, and never got a drop. Then, at the event where you had to kill Melissa, I take my mule, put 50 eval on him and throw fireballs at Melissa, loot corpse, red apron lol. Go figure.

C

Connor_Graham

20 times is nothing. Keep at it. Eventually one will drop.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

When I was soloing Paroxysmus I got one roughly on #6, #20 & #80. I don't know if thats good or bad, theres people who did it much more than I did, but it seems to suggest the drop rate is pretty random.

NBG

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Crimson drop depends n real life luck

I got like 4 crimson in about 40 or so solo trav kills. I even got a back to back drop. But I went on a dry spell for about 80 solo kills.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I really need one of these for my archer :-(