• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Crimson Cincture vs. Tangle

Which do you prefer?

• Crimson Cincture

Votes: 24 60.0%
  • Tangle

Votes: 16 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Which do you prefer Crimson Cincture or Tangle?

C

canary

Crimson, easily.

Tangle looks pretty and all with its 10 INT, DCI and MR... but lets face facts. If you play a magic oriented character you probably already have tons on your suit. And 10 extra hit points from the Crimson can be a lot when engaged in combat.

Without Tangle, I have 13 MR, 30 DCI, 120 med and focus, 175 mana and 135 hp (human character, that's without holding a shield or spellbook). Given the diminishing returns of MR, it just seems to be a better bet with a Crimson.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Usually Crimson. Hpi has more imbue weight, weight that you want to be open on your suit for other things. Mana regen is very easy to get now. The only reason to use a tangle is for the dci, especially if your going for hld proof.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
My only Tangle, I use on my Bard/Tamer, who has no room for med in his template, and little room for MR on his suit.

Everything else, I'd want a CC for, though currently I've only got 2 of those.

Wizal the Fox

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Clearly the Crimson has more imbuing weigth (388.75 vs 274.166). Even if you don't account the HPR it is still a bit better, so should always be used except if you are already at +HP cap.

The main advantage of Tangle is that it has more Primary Stats (10 Int vs 5 Dex), which is not imbuable on armor, but in practice you'll need Slither to make it work, so it becomes a way more expensive option.

Krinkle

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Depends on the character and the suit that I need for the character.

Roland'

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My mage runs 17 hr and 19mr. hr is capped at 18. mr caps at 30 but after 18-20 mr youd have to hit 30 to see a difference.

dci is easy to get on off peices so no need for it on your belt. the 10 int is nice but at 125int with bless and boots and sash you will be at your 150 cap.

basically the 10 hp increase is the sweet spot as that would take up 1 whole mod on 2 peices of armor, this allows you to put 2 3 or 4 hpi on all your pieces allowing you to max out 4 other mods per peice. or just putting 5hpi on 3 peices instead of 5hpi on 5 pieces.

I run faction characters so my crimmys get 10dex instead of 5. With that said i prefer the crimmy over the tangle for any type of character.