• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Criminal from healing my own pet?

G

For the last week or so, we've been dealing with going criminal for healing our pets. We've thought it was because they weren't bonded. It flags us on bonded pets, too. It doesn't seem to effect vet just any kind of casted spells heals/cures/invis/bless.

G

It'd help if you could give more info.

Are you guilded? What were you doing at the time? What colour was the pet's health bar? Oh, and are you in Tram or Fel?

I certainly haven't noticed any problems casting on or vetting my pets, so I'm interested to hear how this problem is occurring.

Wenchy

G

Guilded/fel/red

And I was very wrong. You can't vet them either without going criminal. I mentioned this abotu 2 weeks ago, I took a cu on my red for a guildmate and it was unbonded so I invised it while I waited for him to switch chars. I got the guards message. I just assumed I went criminal because the red had just gone red being transferred to me, theres obviously a larger issue here.

G

This is a long shot, as I don't have a red tamer to test with...

Try asking the pet to kill something or guard you, then see if you can heal it without flagging.

There used to be an issue in Tram if you were in a warred guild. If the pet hadn't had a guard or kill command recently it went blue and you couldn't heal it. I'm sure I remember being warned it would flag me criminal at some point, but it's ages ago. I had several bad pet deaths caused by the pet flagging blue mid fight *mumbles* But telling it to guard would flag it green to me and let me vet. Maybe worth a try

I'd try that, then as he's in a fixit mood, try dropping Leurocian a PM with as much info as you can and also sending it to the bugs email addy. It does sound like a very dodgy bug so hopefully it's fixed soon.

Wenchy

G

Sorry but no. It just turned my blue grey. All kill (it obeyed, no fail). Blue char blessed it and went grey.

I will send Luero a pm though. I've said from the beginning red pets was never tested enough. They threw it in full of bugs.

G

Yeah, it shouldn't be flagging like that. I've not played a red tamer, but I'm sure being guilded you should see that pet as a "green" ally.

Wenchy

G

if the player is red then the pet is red, guildie or not when you heal a red it is a criminal act, pet or player its still a criminal act.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yep same for going crim for healing a red guildie...pets are *guildies* too. Rez a red guildie and you're flagged, heal or cure a red guildie and your flagged.

Though it might be unintended, I seriously doubt it. When my tamer goes red, I fully take responsibility and all the consiquences of being red along with my pets, just something you have to deal with being red.

G

That CANNOT be intended. If they preform a criminal action by all means that should make people grey from healing them. But training on a shadow ele is not a frigging criminal action!!! I should be able to vet my gd pet while training it! This is new only been happening for the past 2 weeks and its a bug or they changed something and forgot to tell us about it.

I

imported_Lord GOD(GOD)

<blockquote><hr>

Theres yet another near impossible to kill overpowered pet soon to be abused endlessly in pvp, only drawback we have to flag crim on it to heal it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good, I hope it's an intended penalty that causes you many deaths before your allowed to freely mess up what was starting to become more balanced pvp with it.

I

imported_weins201

if you pet is red and you do anythign to it benificial you go crim, Has been happening to me immediatly after the pathc which mad reds pets also go red.

MadTexan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

That CANNOT be intended

[/ QUOTE ] Quite a while ago they changed pets to have the same status as the owner. If the owner is a criminal, so is the pet. if the owner is red, so is the pet, although I don't believe they highlight red.

G

Well duh sir. I didn't go red yesterday, been red since long before the patch that made pets red. I could heal and vet my pets or anyones pets without going criminal (ie I cant recall). My blue tamer could pet rez for people. This change is within the last 2 weeks.

Red pets have no color indication. You can't see if they are green, blue or actually criminal.

I am talking about pets that HAVE NOT commited any criminal action, they just red because I am red. If I take my blue beetle out of the stable I can't heal it either. Blue beetle are so lethal ...

T

Trailer Trash

Get used to it!!! Tamer boy,
Seems simple heal a red pet and you commit a crime. It doesnt matter if it is flagged or not IT IS RED. Im amazed it was not like that from the start!!!
Tamers have all the advantage with the damn pet balls and the log out thing as it is. This doesnt even come close to fixing the unbalanced nature of tamers in pvp.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Red pets have no color indication. You can't see if they are green, blue or actually criminal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong, since the previous patch I believe it has been any pet of a Red will highlight Red. The pets now take on the reputation of the owner, so if you are healing a Reds pet then yes you should flag as a criminal. What I really don't understand is that you are saying that you are Red anyway? Whats the diff to you? If you are Blue and you heal a Reds pet it is an attempt to circumvent flagging rules. You should flag grey as you are aiding a criminal by keeping his or her pet alive. There is nothing wrong with what is happening.

G

How do you people not get it? It's my pet. Yes, it is very red. Yes, its been red for months. Before the Valentine's publish the only time you went criminal vetting your own pet was in the 2 minutes after it preformed a criminal action, and jeez so did I *gasp* Wow, figure that one out.

I am talking about shadow elemental training. While the shadow elemental probably finds it a criminal action, but last I checked it perfectly normal to kill monsters. It shouldn't flag me so I can't recall.

I

imported_Lord GOD(GOD)

<blockquote><hr>

While the shadow elemental probably finds it a criminal action

[/ QUOTE ]

That made me laugh irl! *pictures shadow eles running for gz*

I don't think it's so much a case of people not getting it, more that they have little to no sympathy for tamers in fel, at least I don't.

Sakkarah

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The pet owner shouldn't flag crim for healing/vetting his own pet. That's silly seeing how the pet is in fact an extension of the tamer. However, I would have np with other players flagging if they attempt to heal a red pet that they do not own, just like you flag for healing a red guildmate.

G

<blockquote><hr>

The pet owner shouldn't flag crim for healing/vetting his own pet. That's silly seeing how the pet is in fact an extension of the tamer. However, I would have np with other players flagging if they attempt to heal a red pet that they do not own, just like you flag for healing a red guildmate.

[/ QUOTE ]I disagree. If you are red and have a pet then its obviously primarily for PvP and so the rules for healing another criminal apply.

If a player heals a red player then they get flagged and go grey if blue, the same simply applies to a tamer and his pet both of which are red.

I

imported_The_Dude_

This is incorrect. They have been flagging since they turn them red. I res my red guild members pets all the time and my tamer is flagged. You must not have noticed it.

They are red get over it and stop whining seriously. While your training your pet or anything else will flag you criminal its RED. That means you flag...I dont understand why this is so hard for you to understand. Try this get one your red guildmates heal/invis see what happens. Please post your findings...

G

IT IS HIS/HER OWN PET PEOPLE! Does a red flag crim for healing themselves? NO, and they should not flag for healing THEIR OWN pet, either. Yes, if another player - of an color - comes along and heals it, then that player should flag, per the flagging rules, but if the pet has not performed a criminal act - as in attacking another player - then the owner of said pet should not flag criminal for healing it.

Report it as a bug, since this is obviously not working the way the flagging system is intended to.

Experimental

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

This is incorrect. They have been flagging since they turn them red. I res my red guild members pets all the time and my tamer is flagged. You must not have noticed it.

They are red get over it and stop whining seriously. While your training your pet or anything else will flag you criminal its RED. That means you flag...I dont understand why this is so hard for you to understand. Try this get one your red guildmates heal/invis see what happens. Please post your findings...

[/ QUOTE ]

I have NEVER been flagged crim on my BLUE tamer from healing or rezzing someones red pet............EVER.
Somethings wrong.

B

Babble

Sounds like they forgot to check if the thing your pet attacks is a player or mob, so it flags criminal on all.

Annoying but not game breaking.

Experimental

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Sounds like they forgot to check if the thing your pet attacks is a player or mob, so it flags criminal on all.

[/ QUOTE ]
Just one more thing wrong with the flagging system. :/

I

imported_Cysphruo

i flag on mine too, it really sucks when u get guard whacked for it... worst part is i'll be wanting to recall somewhere and i cant stinkin leave!

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe I have and most clearly. This only started happening 2 weeks ago. I have a blue tamer, too. I think I would notice her going grey, thats a lot more obvious than on my red. There's enough flagging bugs out there, we don't need another one.

T

Trailer Trash

[/ QUOTE ]
Just one more thing wrong with the flagging system. :/

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like one thing right with the flagging system to me!
In fel pvp tamers have all the advantages, finally something to level the battle field just a little.

I

imported_revenant2

I've seen this behavior before and it's an obvious malfunction of the flagging system.

Within the existing system, a pet's flagging in general is clearly NOT intended to be independent of that of the player. A pet is an extension of the tamer, not a seperate entity. One should be able to heal a pet as though you are healing yourself, and since UO does not make a red go criminal for performing beneficial acts on himself, the logic follows that healing the pets is not a legitimate crim act either.

5 bucks says that the UO people realize that things with this are broken but it's troublesome to work through the code and get it working right. That flagging system is probably tied in with a bunch of other stuff you don't necessarily realize, such as PVM behavior of pets. They may even have to redo the whole thing to get it to work the way they want, and that's going to be a pain in the ass.

It's clearly messed up right now and the issues feed into a number of PVP situations. If you happen to be blue and standing in town with a with a red guildmate, it's possible for your guildmate to get guardwhacked for attacking your pets, even though an attack on you would have been okay. And you can't even safely rez the red guildmate afterward because it's a crim act and guards can be called on you. Funny! (not really).

D

Detharleon

was there ever any update on the status of this issue, one way or the other?

G

Nope, it's been completely ignored. Still criminal. Although almost 2 months of experience, it is only caused by the new dragons.