• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

CrazyJoe?

Chad Sexington

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wonder if anyone out there downloaded back-up copies of CrazyJoe's stories before his site went under. It's been at least a couple years since his site broke.

Anyone know any way to contact him?

Just wondering.

(I don't have any ads on my site, so it's not like I'm making any money off of other people's stories. But if the stories are still out there, I'd like to host them on UO Thief.)

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Re: Crazy Joe?

He was on Stratics forums a week or two ago. You could try a PM.

Chad Sexington

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: Crazy Joe?

Eh, his site is still up. Tracked down his posts and he had a link to it. Guess the old link I was using failed, but the rest of it is still up.

edit: Well, some of the links on the site are down. Going through it now.

A

Arkyn

Wow. I just fell into CJ's and Belan's old episodes and it made me want to start back up. Is anyone still around?

Atlantic - Glove

*edit* lol "Visitor". I guess I could start by updating an avatar...

Last edited by a moderator:

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow. I just fell into CJ's and Belan's old episodes and it made me want to start back up. Is anyone still around?

Atlantic - Glove

*edit* lol "Visitor". I guess I could start by updating an avatar...
Muhahahaha, still popping in from time to time...la

Honest_John_atl

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
i still play got 5 heartwood saws last week!
im the last of the S|S!
we all need to get back 2gether for a reunion tour !

no glove - no love anyone remeber that?:)

A

Arkyn

no glove - no love anyone remeber that?:)
NOT IN THE FACE!!!! :heart:

I hope I got that right. Also, I have a mental image of your character wearing a forest green robe....I could be WAAAY off as it's been like 10 years :)

Last edited by a moderator:

CrazyJoe

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
NOT IN THE FACE!!!! :heart:

I hope I got that right. Also, I have a mental image of your character wearing a forest green robe....I could be WAAAY off as it's been like 10 years :)
I tried that welcome back program thing and got insanely frustrated with all the log ins, and said screw it and quit. I remember my account names and all too, what a shame.

Buck

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Not played in years. Is it still the case that PvP theft is basically impossible with insurance? Think I quit for good one month after that was introduced :p

How close is seige to pre-patch 16?

Buck - Atlantic

Last edited:

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wouldn't say its the case. You wont get any armor or weapons, but I can usually steal a few million GP in stuff without much effort. The tough part, these days, is just finding people in Fel. Having thieves across a few shards to attend the (often rare) EM event in Fel is a good way to nab some riches.

Pre- pub 16? I wish. Dream on. ;)

Buck

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I wouldn't say its the case. You wont get any armor or weapons, but I can usually steal a few million GP in stuff without much effort. The tough part, these days, is just finding people in Fel. Having thieves across a few shards to attend the (often rare) EM event in Fel is a good way to nab some riches.

Pre- pub 16? I wish. Dream on. ;)
Yeah. But stealing stuff was never the point of stealing :(

I want the days back where you stole a potion just to get a guy to attack you. Then disarmed and stole his weapon. Then poisoned him and stole his bandages. Running around Buc's Den like a madman and jumping to the "boat bridge" and insta hiding so he would run past you :p

And running from mages and nicking their regs one by one, popping pouches and teleport-hiding to annoy them.

Then the less obvious stuff that was just.. funny. Like the trapped chests you dropped in tram or fel dungeons.
Or dressing up as that oh-so-innocent blacksmith.
Waiting in the back of brit bank for a trade.
Sneaking into a house when someone is unlocking items.

Then the nice situations where you are just snooping people in Fel and find that awesome item. And subsequently steal something random and small so you can steal it safely in town when they retaliate.

And also loved that small gap where you're grey, the guards can be called on you, and you're running like a madman to avoid it.

And how about pirating? I used to get in a lot of sea combat with my other character. Ended with at least 40+ boats on my house wall. They were not worth much, but the point was getting them.

I suppose what I miss is doing things because they are fun. Because every MMO these days is doing things because that's what you have to do to progress.

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I know what you mean. Unfortunately, some of the fun has been ruined. Almost no mage carries regs any nobody has trapped pouches to trip. Oh how I miss trying to see how many of their pouches I could open before they got away.

For a while I was stealing bandies and cure pots, then poisoning people over and over and laughing as they slowly (very slowly!) died. Haha. But they went and made pots weigh 2-stones each, so now most stacks are too heavy to lift.

Pirating... I'm not 100% sure if that is still possible. They made a lot of boat changes with the High Seas expansion, including linking boats to the characters that place them. I loved my boat collection, but haven't added to it in years.

Perma-grey is gone. Though they did that a long time ago. Still, I miss it.

Trapped chests don't kill people, anymore. :( Most players can take the damage of an explosion trap without dying, and the old tinker trap poison is quickly curable.

Nowadays, people just don't have fun like they used to. Most of your modern PvPers (2nd gen players playing on mommy or daddy's old characters) just whine, complain, and trash talk. Though, in a way, that can make things fun. Hop on your thief, run circles around them while emptying their packs of every useless little supply item (bandies, pots, enchanted apples, orange petals) and watch them rage over the fact that they can't kill you. I use a screenshot program to take shots of every time someone curses me out.

The best way to screw with people now is to just ruin their hard work. Steal their stat scrolls after they worked so hard at the Harrower spawn, attempting to keep other guilds from raiding. Or if you're on a shard where factions are active, steal a town sigil after they've spent a hard 9 hours trying to defend them.

Or, get creative with blocking items like crates and bagballs. I have dozens of pictures of kills I've made on my thief after trapping people in bagballs. Good fun. Good fun.