• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Crafting the Perfect Sampire Weapon

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I realize this post could have gone in the Craftsman forum, but I think it is more appropriate here, and the right people are more likely to read it in this forum. So here it goes...

I recently finished my legendary blacksmith training and have been collecting crafting recipes and runic hammers. My smith was built with the intent of outfitting my sampire (Connor's standard template). My smith is in the midst of imbuing training, and will eventually get to 120 (fingers crossed). So here is the question:

What runic hammers should I burn with the intent of making a usable sampire weapon (SSI, HSL, HML, and DI at a minimum)? I assume all hammers below this level should just be used to create items to imbue or unravel for residue/essence.

The follow-on to that question is, what runic hammers should I use to make weapons that require ML gems (i.e. Twinkling Scimitars, Ruby Maces, etc)? I have a limited number of these resources and don't want to waste them unnecessarily. Do you save these gems for only the best runic hammers?

Thanks for your advice and expertise! I'm looking forward to start burning hammers.

-OBSIDIAN-

G

guum

Unless you have a *lot* of hammers and really don't care at all about burning them, use imbuing for your sampire weapons. To get the "perfect" sampire weapon, you could easily burn 50+ val hammers. Easily. Or you can spend half an hour imbuing one. Sure, it'll wear out eventually, so make two or three at a time.

If you're really dead-set on burning hammers, you'll need copper and up so that you can get the requisite SSI, HML, and HSL. This will give you a much worse weapon than what you can make with imbuing, even if you don't farm any of the special imbuing ingredients from the Abyss. If you want to make something comparable, you pretty much have to burn verite or valorite hammers and get very lucky.

C

Connor_Graham

Both Copper and Bronze runics will give the minimum number of properties needed to make a standard Sampire wep. I know a lot of people are into the imbuing thing for weps, but frankly, you'll burn through a wep on a Sampire within a few weeks. Unless you plan on constantly farming for ingredients, or paying millions for them, you're better off burning hammers until you get what you need.

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Alternative opinion, do both. I burned dull copper hammers (yeah boatloads) to get some good weapons. That was back when dc hammers were about 4k each on GL. I got a couple nice maces and diamond maces, and a boatload of "near misses". What I'm doing now is using my good runic weapons for day to day stuff. I then took the "near misses" and turned them into some kickass weapons, via imbuing, like these two:

Diamond Mace
HLA 50
HML 42
HSL 44
SSI 25
DI 40

Regular Mace
HSL 50
HML 54
HLL 49
SSI 25
DI 40

These weapons (and a couple similar ones I imbued) will ONLY be used on Peerless/Doom runs, and therefore I will extend their wear quite a bit. I agree that imbued weapons won't last long enough in day to day use, but imbuing a couple kickass ones for special occasions should work quite nicely. FWIW.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Thanks for the inputs. That's the info I was looking for.

If I use copper and bronze runic hammers, should I use the special gems on those burns? Or should I save those for gold hammers and up?

-OBSIDIAN-

NBG

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is not too hard to make regular sampire weapons with imbuing.

Using copper/bronze hammer you should get around 1-2 of candidate weapons if you are unlucky.

The best candidate is obviously something that already has 30 SSI. Stam or mana leech would be bonus.

Imbue just below the max will insure that you get the biggest bang for your buck. No point to go max stam or mana leech for that extra 6%.

C

Connor_Graham

Thanks for the inputs. That's the info I was looking for.

If I use copper and bronze runic hammers, should I use the special gems on those burns? Or should I save those for gold hammers and up?

-OBSIDIAN-
That depends on what your goal is. If you're wanting a sampire twink, the only way you're going to do that is by burning dark sapphires.

W

WhiteLightning

Crafted 1 min ago with a Valo Hammer (for sell on DF :))

Radiant Scimitar

HML 44 %
HSL 44 %
HLL 46 %
HLD 48 %
SSI 25 %
DI 40 %

nice Sampire Weapon i think ^^

Black Majick

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Both Copper and Bronze runics will give the minimum number of properties needed to make a standard Sampire wep. I know a lot of people are into the imbuing thing for weps, but frankly, you'll burn through a wep on a Sampire within a few weeks. Unless you plan on constantly farming for ingredients, or paying millions for them, you're better off burning hammers until you get what you need.
Not sure what ideal sampire weps is. Looked through what was posted in thread.

For the leech effects...it takes residue...easily buyable if your too lazy to get...essense for HLD and HLA....

So ideally if use a DC hammer. Smack out a wep with DI and 25-30 SSI you can ideall make your sampire wep for for 50k or less. LIttle too no farming other than picking up a decent items to unravel in your figthing.

There is no need for the special ingredients the way the system stands now unless it is for getting a property that is either 0 or 100% aka super slayers, balanced, SC, FC etc.

So with 44 in the other mods...easily could have a decent wep for cheap.

G

guum

Yeah, that's pretty much my thinking. If you have access to a legendary imbuer, even if you don't want to make a max-intensity weapon, you can make one that's going to be as good as you're ever likely to see from a runic hammer for not much dough...make 2 at a time, make a dozen, whatever. Just save them up and pull them out as you use up the previous ones...unless you get really lucky on that first verite/val hammer, it's still going to be cheaper in the long run. I made a radiant scimitar with SSI/HML/HSL/HLL/DI using imbuing -- cost me about 400k for ingredients (and half of that was fort powders), and it sold in under a day on my vendor for 1.5mil. I didn't use a single abyss drop or relic frag for it (although I did use a DC hammer to get a RS with SSI already on it).

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
My blacksmithy is at legendary, but I'm just at the beginning stages of training imbuing from 50. Seems like the legendary artificers out there are asking for exorbitant prices to imbue mods at the moment.

I'm saving my dull copper and shadow hammers to burn iron weapons. I'm keeping all of the exceptional 25 and 30 SSI weapons. SSI takes relic frags to imbue, while all of the leeches take enchanted essence. Once I get my imbuer to the point where he can add HSL and HML I'll use those weapons.

The biggest stumbling block at the moment for my imbuing training is the ever increasing gem prices, but I'll get over that... just have to collect more gold first.

From a Sampire perspective, I think imbuing is a great addition and makes it much easier to get good intermediate weapons with SSI, HML, HSL, and DI.

-OBSIDIAN-

J

Jaimes

My blacksmithy is at legendary, but I'm just at the beginning stages of training imbuing from 50. Seems like the legendary artificers out there are asking for exorbitant prices to imbue mods at the moment.

I'm saving my dull copper and shadow hammers to burn iron weapons. I'm keeping all of the exceptional 25 and 30 SSI weapons. SSI takes relic frags to imbue, while all of the leeches take enchanted essence. Once I get my imbuer to the point where he can add HSL and HML I'll use those weapons.

The biggest stumbling block at the moment for my imbuing training is the ever increasing gem prices, but I'll get over that... just have to collect more gold first.

From a Sampire perspective, I think imbuing is a great addition and makes it much easier to get good intermediate weapons with SSI, HML, HSL, and DI.

-OBSIDIAN-
If you craft the weapons with iron ingots, doesn't that mean they can't be dyed with Tokuno dyes?

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wouldn't use Tokuno Pigments on imbued weapons anyway, just because they'd end up wearing out.

Use staining. A few of the same colors, plus cheap to get, easily replaceable, and will dye normal iron stuff.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I made this with imbuing a while ago

Diamond Mace with
HLA 40
HSL 50
HML 51
SSI 30
DI 40

Badass.

C

Connor_Graham

I just can't see using an imbued wep for a sampire though. Maybe it's just me. I did, however, just make a ring/brace set tailored specifically to Connor's suit:

Turquoise Ring-

+10 Chiv
15 HCI
15 DCI
20 DI
5 SSI

Bracelet-

+3 Dex (puts me at 150)
15 HCI
15 DCI
20 DI
12 Fire (puts me at 70)

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Void orbs and the swing speed special ingredient are (or were, when I was last gathering them) fairly quick to drop, enough for one weapon anyway. So you could easily replace it. It's fine.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
How high do you need your imbuing skill to add a useful amount of HSL and HML to an exceptional iron weapon with 30 SSI and 40 DI (either Radiant Scimitar or Diamond Mace for my different sampires)? Just enough to get a basic training weapon.

So total weapon would be:
40 DI (from Arms Lore bonus)
30 SSI (from low level runic hammer)
30 HML (imbued)
30 HSL (imbued)

What about 20 SSI?

I realize there is probably a different answer for the 2.5s Radiant Scimitar and the 3s Diamond Mace. Sorry to ask this, but I don't know of any way to figure this out until I can actually do it with the imbuing menu. Thanks!

-OBSIDIAN-

G

guum

It's less a question of "high enough" than conserving mats. With a gargoyle and the Queen's Soulforge, you can make pretty much anything you can make with a Legendary Imbuer at around 107-108 Imbuing. You'll just fail a lot, and waste a lot of ingredients. This is really one of those skills you want to max.

That being said, if you just wanted to put say 25% SSI (max without using Abyss ingredients), 35% HML and 35% HSL on an exceptionally-crafted weapon that already has the 40% DI from armslore, I'd guesstimate that you could probably manage to make it as low as around 95 Imbuing skill level. Maybe even a little lower -- just be sure to imbue the SSI first, since that's the expensive property. Try it out on test center if you really want to know.

TheLetterQ

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm thinking you people might be wasting your hammers.

Getting a weapon with 30ssi is fairly rare. And it's simply not that hard to gather the ingrediants to imbue it. In fact, as it uses relic frags and they are the most expensive resouce I imbue it first.

The other essances and resources, while perhaps time consuming, are really fairly easy to get. Stam, Mana, and Life leech all use void orbs from the void monsters. And them guys is chumps! They go down quick to a basic sampire using a soul seeker or any half decent weapon.

Q

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yup. And weapons made with imbuing are freakin awesome. Check the one I posted earlier for proof.

Yeah, it's not triple leech, HLA, SSI and DI, but that's near impossible to make with a runic, so does it really matter?

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I'm thinking you people might be wasting your hammers.

Getting a weapon with 30ssi is fairly rare. And it's simply not that hard to gather the ingrediants to imbue it. In fact, as it uses relic frags and they are the most expensive resouce I imbue it first.

The other essances and resources, while perhaps time consuming, are really fairly easy to get. Stam, Mana, and Life leech all use void orbs from the void monsters. And them guys is chumps! They go down quick to a basic sampire using a soul seeker or any half decent weapon.

Q
What do you recommend I use my dull copper and shadow hammers for otherwise? I was just going to burn them for residue & essence. I figured if I got any with nice SSI that would save me the relic frags. The only extra cost is iron ingots and I have plenty of those.

-OBSIDIAN-

R

Radix

Yep, there is not better use for these DC/Shadow hammers, easy to get a lot, i burn 1 or 2 in a day, easy get several 25 ssi and a 30 with some luck, after some time i have tons of huge-potentially nice sampy weapons, never dreamed to have so many good weapons burning high-level and ultra expensive hammers, my house is a army armoury xD

No need to use reliqs fragments if you dont want to do, i personally reserve these for jewelry, much more durable than weapons, and ocasionally, some Superslayers that dont want to drop never ever with runics. Or try to craft a decent demon/repond slayer. Little farming, go caldera mini champ for sport (specially with flame slayer taly) and enjoy easy multikills and lots of orange essence for selling 10/1m and getting demon claws for your demon slayer ;)
Since i have access to imbuing, from 80-90 and up, i go always with several non insured great weapons, since like Heavy ornates slayers with 58 Di and 80 ML 40 stl, 50 area effect radiants, and my common fast axe/twink. It's insane trying to get a good weapon with runnics.

Not saying about imbuing armor, not so fragile, with the perfect resist to fit your needs, awesome.

Your artificier, specially at legendary, is your best sampire friend ;-)

A

archsama

I have one newbie question...

why do you craft radiant scimitar or diamong mace?
why not a 2 hander?

and which ingot color is best to use?

R

Radix

I craft heavy ornate axes.
The twinkling scimitar is great also because its ultra-fast and the whirlwind attack.

Ore type is not very important in weapons, to imbue you need common ore, you can make a normal ore axe, imbue it, and try to enhance with some ore, but is very likely you ruin it and you are not going to get anything really good even if you success.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been making Daishos lately with imbuing.

This is what I make, and ya they wear down but so damn cheap to make.

25 SSI, 44 HML, 44 HSL, 44 HLA, 36 HLL

I make the weapon non-exceptional so I can fit the 5th mod in. I stack DI with jewels and other pieces on my suit.

Swings max speed, hits hard, and has feint!

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I've been making Daishos lately with imbuing.

This is what I make, and ya they wear down but so damn cheap to make.

25 SSI, 44 HML, 44 HSL, 44 HLA, 36 HLL

I make the weapon non-exceptional so I can fit the 5th mod in. I stack DI with jewels and other pieces on my suit.

Swings max speed, hits hard, and has feint!
Lynk -- what items are you using to max your DI with that daisho? Best I can come up with is:

- 25 DI from Stormgrip
- 25 DI from imbued ring
- 25 DI from imbued bracelet
- 20 DI from Conj Trinket or Primer on Arms

Where else are you adding in DI that I am missing?

-OBSIDIAN-

C

Capt.E

correct me if I am wrong but doesn't quiver have 10 di on it as well?

N

NickyDishes

imbuing rocks...my sampires a macer and ive made a ornate axe, daisho, and tessen fans(swing very fast good in certain cituations). The diamond mace still reigns supreme out of all the weapons i use. another weapon i like is the wild staff. Its one handed so u can chug and it swings fast....its special is block which isnt as good as feint but it still rocks for certain cituations

S

Sir Kenga

DI on quiver applies also to any melee weapon, but elemental damage distribution doesn't affect melee.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
imbuing rocks...my sampires a macer and ive made a ornate axe, daisho, and tessen fans(swing very fast good in certain cituations). The diamond mace still reigns supreme out of all the weapons i use. another weapon i like is the wild staff. Its one handed so u can chug and it swings fast....its special is block which isnt as good as feint but it still rocks for certain cituations
You may be the first person ever quoted to state publicly that 'block' rocks.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
DI on quiver applies also to any melee weapon, but elemental damage distribution doesn't affect melee.
I am still not sure if the quiver's damage modifier property affects melee weapons. The only official documentation I could find was here: http://www.uo.com/fof/fiveonfriday92.html. Here is a snippet:

FOF said:
Also, "Damage Modifier" is NOT the same property as "Damage Increase" - it's a property unique to quivers that increases the total damage applied - AFTER resists are calculated.
My read on this is that it is not part of the 100% DI cap and, if it applies to melee weapons, would be calculated after the DI bonus is taken into account.

Anyone know of something more definitive on the subject?

-OBSIDIAN-

C

Connor_Graham

Quiver DI ONLY applies to bows, not melee. This was stated by one of the Devs way back when ML first came out.

dlwiii

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lynk,

I see what you mean about wanting non-exceptional weapons. I am getting close to having 100% DI on my suit, and so looking into how to do this so that I can imbue an extra property to replace DI.

How can I do that? Just have a crummy smith with just enough skill to make a daisho? It seems difficult to fine-tune the skill for that. Or do you just buy them from an NPC?

Also, does having 50 less imbuing weight matter much? I sure wish I could make an exceptional item with no DI now.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
using the non exceptional weapon is usefull if you dont want damage increase.
vendor weapons has 400 max weight and is too low for a good weapon... The more is the max weight and better will be the weapon (because you can put higher mods ;) )

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Non exceptional/npc bought have 450 intensity cap I believe. Except rings/bracelets which are always 500. Not sure about gargoyle earrings/necklaces.

C

Cloak&Dagger

Lynk,

I see what you mean about wanting non-exceptional weapons. I am getting close to having 100% DI on my suit, and so looking into how to do this so that I can imbue an extra property to replace DI.

How can I do that? Just have a crummy smith with just enough skill to make a daisho? It seems difficult to fine-tune the skill for that. Or do you just buy them from an NPC?

Also, does having 50 less imbuing weight matter much? I sure wish I could make an exceptional item with no DI now.
Uh, I am fairly sure this is correct, but you only get the 40 DI from exceptional if you have arms lore, so....use a soul stone to remove arms lore?

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Cloak‡1737229 said:
Uh, I am fairly sure this is correct, but you only get the 40 DI from exceptional if you have arms lore, so....use a soul stone to remove arms lore?
Items being exceptional isn't based on Arms Lore, Arms Lore is just a bonus to them, if you soul stoned Arms Lore off you would still only have the option of non exceptional/npc with a 450 cap, or exceptional with a 500 cap which would give 35 DI instead of 40.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Ah, ok, I was just wondering why it was 36 DI and not 35. Looks like Jack Of All Trades Arms Lore counts.