• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Crafting Templates Discussion Thread

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
This post replaces http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=10180

Which had accumulated almost 200 posts by the time of the old forum's accident.

Feel free to look over the old thread, and post your crafter templates here, with their equipment (if necessary for certain skills), pros and cons. Making fun of oddball templates is not permitted (some of us like playing weird templates, and often have multiple crafters to cover all the bases).

Now, on with the show...

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'll start this thread off with a modified version of the last post on the original thread linked above (Which was originally on the UO Carpenter Forum, BTW)

Here's my template

My carpenter Daystrom currently is running
Human
80 Smith
75 Tailor
100 Carp (with masonry)
100 Tinker
100 Alchemy (with glassblowing)
100 Mining (plus gloves - and has read stone & sand books)
100 Lumberjack (with Melisande's Hatchet)
65 Chivalry
5 Music (minstrel talisman, singing axe and jewelry put me at 45 for crafting instruments - an elf could do it with 0 real skill, substituting Song-woven mantle for the 5 real points and the talisman or axe - don't have the time right now to go Elf on him, and have another elf LJ anyway)

I can stone off one of the 65-75 skills, go buy magery to 30 (plus add some skill bonuses from jewlery and a spellbook) to make pentagrams & Abbatoirs, and I can stone off Alchemy for Arms lore if I ever get a runic saw (not happened yet).

I sometimes use him as a resource gatherer in safe regions, since he only has the equivalent of 20 weapon skill thanks to JOAT (but I typically stick a 15% HCI weapon in his hand for emergencies, and can cast chiv stuff - he's actually been able to get to noble lord). This template also allows the charcter to be a colored BOD bod runner for both smith & tailor.

IF I wanted to forgo the colored BOD chance (just get iron bods more quickly), I could lower the smith skill and use equipment to substitute for crafting the anvils & forges (lower skill to 50 with an ASH +30, 20 for an ASH+60), and put the rest of the points into magery and music, as to not have to mess with soulstones except for Arms lore.

I also have a dedicated 120 Smith/GM Miner that is a chiv macer (120 macing) that mines in Ilshenar with Gargoyle Pickaxes for the thrill of trying to get and kill paragon ore elementals, and a 120 Tailor/Smith with sufficient combat skills to gather his own normal, spined & horned leather.