• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

crafting question

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've eaten a recipe to craft dragon turtle hide legings, I have a pair I'm trying to enhance. I tried enhancing with horned leather, doesn't seem to work, can these be enhanced?

*i may have already enhanced them and forgotten...

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You cannot enhance them. You can craft them with colored leather, but if you craft them with normal leather (to reforge something on it) then you cannot enhance them after. :(

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So it is supposed to be like this? or is it another thing that haven't been studied properly (like dying/pofing shadowguard arties)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
So it is supposed to be like this? or is it another thing that haven't been studied properly (like dying/pofing shadowguard arties)
Well... IMO again the DEVs obviously don't play UO... why else would they introduce things so... poorly thought out. Honestly who actually uses the Tiger Pelt stuff or the Dragon Turtle armor? Why would you? Unless you were a mage where it didn't matter what purpose would it serve? You can't enhance it... it offers no bonus to stamina or mana... or anything above normal leather and since you can enhance normal leather and leafwear why would anyone in their right minds chose to craft with the new tigerpelts or Dragon Turtle Scutes? You wouldn't... save for the look of it and IMO Tigerpelt armor... does make you look fat. So no way I'd be caught wearing it! And the Dragon Turtle armor while interesting... without the benefits that anything else will give you... No I wouldn't wear it either.

People complain all the time about waste of DEV time consider all the wasted hours of DEV time on these? All the wasted resources of having the artwork designed and such just to give us items no one would use? sighs

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well... IMO again the DEVs obviously don't play UO... why else would they introduce things so... poorly thought out. Honestly who actually uses the Tiger Pelt stuff or the Dragon Turtle armor? Why would you? Unless you were a mage where it didn't matter what purpose would it serve? You can't enhance it... it offers no bonus to stamina or mana... or anything above normal leather and since you can enhance normal leather and leafwear why would anyone in their right minds chose to craft with the new tigerpelts or Dragon Turtle Scutes? You wouldn't... save for the look of it and IMO Tigerpelt armor... does make you look fat. So no way I'd be caught wearing it! And the Dragon Turtle armor while interesting... without the benefits that anything else will give you... No I wouldn't wear it either.
What about the turtle hide legendaries that drop on bosses for example? If you get a 150luck with some nice mods, are u able to enhance it and take it up to 190 for example?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
What about the turtle hide legendaries that drop on bosses for example? If you get a 150luck with some nice mods, are u able to take it up to 190 for example?
No you can't enhance them so they are never going to get to 190 luck.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
This sounds like an oversight to me. I recommend submitting a bug report.