• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Crab fishing made tolerable with EC

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey all,

figured a way to make crab fishing tolerable for me, just thought i would share.

some most likely have discovered a similar or even identical way.

Using Pinco's UI ofc with the trap flags. <- love those

i have two slots in a hot bar attached via mouse software to the two thumb bottons on my mouse.

one of them, use an empty trap, and you just target where you want it,

while the other use(empty) a full trap.

This method your mouse cursor never leaves the game screen to fumble or search full traps in backpack and you can just focus on the two thumb bottons and targeting.

Also you have a hand free for a coffee cup, or tea if you prefer!

Greetings
Gilmour

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have 3 macros for crab fishing. One is pretty much as you describe selects an empty trap and gives a target cursor. I do this twice and set it to repeat 6 times because I deploy my traps in a pattern I'm familiar with, 12 around the prow of my rowboat.
My second macro picks the traps up.
'target nearest object' 'use targeted object' 'delay 1.0' 'target next object' 'use targeted object' 'delay 1.0'. Repeated 10 times (because it tries to pick up the rope too) Don't run this one within reach of a dock or shore or it will put you ashore :D)
Third macro empties the pots I just dropped a full pot into the macro slot and chose 'self' as the target. Repeated 10.

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hmm so you just wait untill most traps are full and haul em all in in one macro, interesting :)

question: does the traps not go under if out to long, and if so, how long is that?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't leave them out tbh. I pull them in at first bob, or 2nd at the latest. If I leave them till 2nd, yes I almost always lose one or more.

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hmm so you pull them all in on first *bob*? seems like alot of movin n stuff for few crabs.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use to place 20 traps around the tokuno boat and I'll take only the traps when "bob" then I'll place them back.
I use 2 buttons on hotbar to do that:
1: full trap (to empty)
2: empty trap (with target cursor)

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i use a rowboat for this :)

how can you do 20 traps on a tokuno boat?

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
20 is better, but walking around makes it double work :)

can just stand there pick up traps and put new ones down :)

.. in the end, preference kick in :)

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I use 3 macros and the organizer
1 empty pot set to macro and repeat 10 times to lay ten traps without having to push button everytime

2 a macro set to hoy key that allows me to pick up ten pots with mouse and only click pot 1 time instead of double click

3 a macro for when i am on rowboat that picks up all pots in one push (I can only get this to work well from boat at docks and such there are to many things it targets on)

when i am full of crabs/lobsters I hit my organizer and it unloads all my catch to chest