• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Covetous revamp assessment

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
LvL 1 - Nice job, i like the little ongoing battle between the npc monsters, and it is indeed a nice place for farming feathers as intended

LvL2 - (Void Pool) The void pool waves are very fun to do, the 15minute timer between new battles is just right. I do believe though, that some better reward should be in place for doing this. As the waves are very fun to combat as in other games, but i've seen less and less people coming down do to them feeling like their time can be spent elsewhere. This also makes me believe that wave difficulty should in some way be based on how many people are combating the waves. Maybe the waves should drop some of those "reworked doom artifacts" or something, maybe using the doom point system.

LvL 3/5 - The monsters are pretty tough here, and crammed in a small space making it unrealistic to actually fight here. If they do indeed drop the new artifacts, thats cool, but it is still wayyy to hard to fight in these cramped quarters.

LvL 4 - Cora - Cora is a nice battle, hard boss, but the 45 minute respawn timer is horrendous considering the drop rate of what she has. I've found that if you do get on that night, you do Cora once, and you are done for the night because either you get off before she spawns again, or you just go do something else that seems more rewarding.

Harrowers - Did the DEV team forget that harrowers spawn in these dungeons they revamp? You should consider a static spawn point of the harrower in some of these dungeons. Shame wasn't too bad, except for you can pretty much hold level 2/3 where the ogre lord bridge is, and never have a chance of losing. Wrong, is ehh, hard but doable. I haven't seen a harrower in covetous yet, but considering the two places it spawns (lvl 2 or lvl 3) it will be interesting on lvl 2, and virtually impossible on lvl 3.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'll agree that the respawn timer on Cora is definitely too long, maybe if the artie drop rate were to be increased from her to say 50-75% it wouldn't be such a big deal if the respawn rate were to stay at 40-60 minutes.

I will say that the human/elf versions of these artifacts cannot be altered to use with a gargoyle, so this would be why there are both gargoyle & human versions.

Saint of Killers

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apparently there was a harry in Cove level 3 the other night on ATL Cetric. I was too tired to get into it though, long tiring weekend.

SunWolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lvl 3 does need to be tweaked some, Cora I feel is fine for an unkeyed boss. Alot of different people I see check on her and actualy gets to fight her, if respawn lowered, the same group would camp her continuously. Lvl 2 is slowing down cause there is just so much stuff to do in the game. Putting better items will bring in people running it until they get the items then off they go to do something else. Least that my thought on it.

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LvL 3/5 - The monsters are pretty tough here, and crammed in a small space making it unrealistic to actually fight here. If they do indeed drop the new artifacts, thats cool, but it is still wayyy to hard to fight in these cramped quarters.
This reminds me... Can they turn those traps off or make them affect the void pool monsters as well? If they are indeed invading the pool, the traps should be neutral or off. Right now they only affect us and our summons/pets. They have become nothing more than a nuisance

Sprago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
at least you all have a level 3 in siege its empty devs messed it up so we cant even expirence it

COVETOUS LEVEL 3 IS BROKE ON SIEGE ITS EMPTY

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This reminds me... Can they turn those traps off or make them affect the void pool monsters as well? If they are indeed invading the pool, the traps should be neutral or off. Right now they only affect us and our summons/pets. They have become nothing more than a nuisance
Seige weapons to hold back the waves would be cool, lol

S

Sevin0oo0

Can they turn those traps off
The turned off the traps in the hallway to Niporailem The Thief. If you wanted to see some Tough ones, you're too late. You could not run the majority of the hall in color.
Changed since a day or two ago, wonder how come??

S

Sevin0oo0

with all the waves in Cove, it sounds like a lot of mobs bite the dust. Has that affected the drop of virtue armor/items ?

Ashlynn_L

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
with all the waves in Cove, it sounds like a lot of mobs bite the dust. Has that affected the drop of virtue armor/items ?
Nope. First time I tried the new Covetous thing I received a Lord Blackthorn's Exemplar.

Oh wait, I think I know what you're asking. I haven't been there enough to notice anything different about how often I get a virtue dungeon artifact.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
had a quick look with my stealther and indeed level 3 would seem impossible to survive with the amount of spawn in such small space for a single fighter....does level 3 really need sooooo much spawn...even if the devs halved it ...........it would still be a mighty challenge for the solo warrior.....oh well....thank god u can mark runes straight to level 4