• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Covetous Level 3

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Folks,

after spending hours and hours in Covetous Level 3 I am curious whether there have been changes in the artie-drop system: I got one Hephaestus (Gargoyle Version) from the demons there about two weeks ago. But after those patches/updates I fear that the drop has been re-worked.

Anyone out there who can confirm that there are still Cora-Arties dropping from the mobs in Covetous Level 3?

Thanks for the info!

Zhuge

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Would surely hope they would inform us if they did a change like that.

Maleachi

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So far I have received;
-1 hephaestus
-2 prismatic lenses
-2 bracelets of protection

This was in the last week and I reckon in a timespan of 4-6 hours.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
WOW! Congratulations. Thats a VERY good result. I cannot say that I have been this successful. Waiting for the lenses and a human version of the shield. I ALWAYS get Gargy-Stuff - but I don´t play one ;-)

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, we can close this thread - I had the answers I was seeking. Thanks!

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So i dont speak about this anymore - everytime i speak about something i discovered it seems to be changed the comming weeks lol
I do the same now too, since they started nerfing everything that was talked about on here. I just keep stooomp now and get on with it

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...but IF they already have nerfed it, it wasn´t my fault, but his *pointing to devil99* :p

Just kiddin´

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
...but IF they already have nerfed it, it wasn´t my fault, but his *pointing to devil99* :p

Just kiddin´
But Bleak replied... They didn't change anything. This is just how the dice fall sometimes.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aye. Good thing. So, let´s hunt! Thanks everybody!

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
But Bleak replied... They didn't change anything. This is just how the dice fall sometimes.
"They" aka the Dev's didnt change anything and i am 100% they tell the truth...or so.. :)

But i am also 100% sure something changed at Cov Level 3+4 - because the critters got an upgrade too they became harder, besides the drop rate went down to blah..

So the machines took over, their AI changed Covetous - it started right after the last Pub went life - i spoke to half the shard hunting there and they all discovered the same changes...
Maybe something went wrong with the dungeon-revamp-code - maybe in the FIRST place as it was introduced - and now its back to WHAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN in the first place..

Its ok for me, from all the hunts i looted so much stuff to unravel and gold too, i sold alot of items and with the gold i looted i just bought a Hephaestus i always wanted for 20 Mil - blessed...
Now i just use Covetous only for unravel's farming and Fame for Sacrifice ;)

So in the end, i got what i was playing for - thats how it should be!

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hephaestus i always wanted for 20 Mil
Wow, very tough price! I had the Gargoyle version in my vendor: for 7,5 mil - not sold. for 5 mil - not sold. for 3,5 mil - not sold. for 2,9 mil - not sold... Now I put it on an auction for 1 mil minimum bid and hope it will sell for a nice price ;)

Best thing in Covetous is the quota of relics you get from unraveling - very nice. And the opponents are quite challenging for some templates - so it´s fun, too.

But I would love to get the shield and the lenses in human version there. Because Cora is too hard for me to fight solo and most people who went there in a group disliked the fight and the drop rate...

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Well, we live on an expensive ground at Pacific - and its BLESSED so you have to count another aprox. 10 Mil for the Itam Bless Deed to it since its 100.000 Turn in Points...

And since its very hard to obtain this Arties (now, for me at least as unlucky guy), it was OK for me for that price...

And NO NO NO the quota is VERY VERY BAD at Covetous for relics to unravel - REALY ITS BAD but its ok so - no CHANGES needed!!!

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah, yes. What did I say? Sorry, I didn´t concentrate: The quota in Covetous to unravel is VERY VERY BAD! You are right! One of the worst of all dungeons! I was completely desoriented, when I wrote my post. SOOOOOORRY!

aoLOLita

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know if Luck suit helps or not, but I average 1-2 arti drops a day (Stealth/Mystic/Mage/SW) just casting RC's, then Hide or bolt out entrance door:) . I wear 2080 Luck suit, 2880 one hour a day after rub. Only thing I've noticed in Frequebcy dops is that it correlates wuth the number of High Fame critters killed. If i kill 20-30 Diseased Liches/Titans, I usually get a drop...

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the info! What is your favouite place - directly at the entrance?

aoLOLita

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aye - in "foyer" I cast Arcane Empoweremnt, then pre-cast RC - then run in and toss RC toward nearest target - Hide or if targeted run back out and return in stealth mod to loot...

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Ok than...so it seems my char is stuck to be unlucky or something...last thing i try now is getting rez killed over and over maybe he resets...by the claws of my drag until i am 0 fame..at luna bank for the show elements...lol
i went there with my warrior yesterday and didnt have any luck...

I am standardly there with my tamer/mage/stealther either with 600 or 2200 luck or 2800 for one hour...after my mass-suicide i will teat it out with 2200 luck and droping ev's...maybe its my drag lol

T

Tazar

Ok than...so it seems my char is stuck to be unlucky or something...last thing i try now is getting rez killed over and over maybe he resets...by the claws of my drag until i am 0 fame..at luna bank for the show elements...lol
i went there with my warrior yesterday and didnt have any luck...

I am standardly there with my tamer/mage/stealther either with 600 or 2200 luck or 2800 for one hour...after my mass-suicide i will teat it out with 2200 luck and droping ev's...maybe its my drag lol
Try to get to around 1000 to 1200 luck. That seems to be the sweet-spot where luck is most effective. If you go far above that - something seems messed up and your luck at getting arties seems to start to decrease instead of increase further.

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Try to get to around 1000 to 1200 luck. That seems to be the sweet-spot where luck is most effective. If you go far above that - something seems messed up and your luck at getting arties seems to start to decrease instead of increase further.
I am still stumbling around, half drunken, half pissed somehow but extremly happy too - so i did what i wrote - i died at Luna Bank 12 times to lower my fame - than went to kill picies to get my karma below 10k i thought hmm maybe its good if you are around 9.5k..whatever...

Than i checked your post and changed my suit to lower luck and found a nice combo with good resists and 100% lrc and almost enough to keep my drag healed from the distance for area effect critters not kill me and have a couple of bandaids with me for close healing and ppop out hiding if necessary...

Went to the entrance of Covetous Level 3 stealthed in found out it changed to reptile spawn and spotted a couple of victims - "all guard me" - *hides* - Covetous Wyrm target with 5 other critters on my drag...get some distance...get ready to drop all mana on my drag keep him healed - first kill - second kill - third kill BOOM - i am like WHAT THE!!!! Yesterday i just spent 20 Mil for one and HOLY COW - see yourselfe - THANK you for the Tip get luck to between 1000 and 1200 TAZAR! Your the man ;)

Here's the Proof - Hephaestus 15 Mil anyone on Pacific? Let me know....i dont need 2 ;))

covetousentrancedrop.JPG

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
That's one sweet shield...
I should consider hitting Covetous level 3 this weekend.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i did kinda the same.
i went into the back corner, not the Cora drop in side, but the old RC side.
i went in with my main disco tamer in a over 2k luck suit.
and backed him up with a stealther.
i use the stealther to run bags of loot and gold out and bring back empty bags.
its just too hard to run in and out after every 10 kills.

so funny thing, i killed like 20 critters on my big luck tamer.
nothing.
my stealther (just happens to be a stealth tamer) had a fire mare on him, used it to kill something and got a brightblade.
no luck, haha.

J

Joey Porter

They have def ratcheted up the difficulty, speed and AI of covetous. Was way easier a few weeks ago.

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:gee: Sorry to burst your bubble but NO changes have been made to the critters in Covetous level 3 or 4 perhaps you are noticing that during the waves they get progressively harder.

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
...and the drops dont come easy than before...there was no change i believe this too - not a MEANT change - but with the last patch something on the whole system changed thats for sure...and i like it - its harder now ;)

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
drops may have changed i do agree with that but the AI is still the same, I like level 4 tho, not three i think ALOT more relic frags

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I have 1900 luck on my Tamer been down there a dozen times or more I still have NOTHING to show for it. I've yet to receive one single drop..... OH besides the 10th anniversary armor drop.