• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Covetous General Opinion

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I reached the old prison that used to have rotting corpses and mummy... now it's a bit creepy:
all the monsters in there have all skills at 160, all res at about 80, they run like bullets and hits pretty hard. The only good thing is the doors are locked :D

The Fire Daemon in here is the most powerfull one, the demon mongbat must not be underestimated since has about 800 hps. The lesser oni is all but lesser, in fact compared to the plain version, the plain version looks like a mongbat.
Another thing to keep in mind is which every spellcaster monsters in there looks to be also necromancers.

The third level is not that easy, but at least the monsters doesn't seems to have high hp even if almost everyone in there is pretty fast.

The old sudiva room now ha Cora the Sorceress that is quite like the burning ones of shame, the main difference between the burning and cora is the hp that looks less and a strange spell that makes lightning in the ground area (that looks pretty cool). Other than that she's fast, has the breath, can stealth, cast spells, hit hard and has no slayer... so it's a pretty tough fight.

The second level has the void pool endless fight that looks pretty fun. For what I could see the monsters starts with 0-5 all res and few hps, and grows the res, hps and speed.
The void pool itself graphically is really bad, IMHO they could use the void tile of Ter Mur instead of make this thing that looks like a cat litter.

The first level has some neutral headless miner that uses to drop gems on the ground, then the vampire mongbat collect all those gems. The vampire mongbat even if they have a low hp can be really challenging for low level characters since this things can deal up to 20 damage with a full 70 suit and they also leech life like 100% of their damage is converted in life...

In general as playground is pretty fun, especially the void pool that provides a score board of the top killers that could result more fun than collecting items. The points collected seems to have a great importance in order to get the new harvesting tools, still we have to see what will be the new 5 arties that will be added but if they will be ephemeral I hope they will have some special power that can be use instead of being just plain artifacts (since having an usefull artifact that lasts only 24 hours is pointless...)

Other than that we should thanks for moving the corgul brazier outside, so now we can recall right to it without having to challenge the elder gazers :p

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I did a quick character copy and tried a bit on the first and second levels...

Level 1: New creature names, no more corpsers though. The red mining tools on the headlesses seem like they could be something, but right now seem to be nothing. Looks like they get uses taken up by the headlesses (which the EC models kind of have a head hanging from an elongated spine and swing that for the mining animation) when they mine around the dungeon. However so far nothing of note drops due to letting them mine and killing. Not sure what's going on with the harpies and gazers.

Would like to get a bit better explanation fo what's going on with level 1. Easy level for lower skill levels, by far the easiest of the three revamped dungeons.

Level 2: It's a bit odd having the run of level 2 with nothing happening a lot of the time, however the messages controlling the spawn make it easy to know when something is going to happen. Since I got a late start and didn't play long I went through about a small partial spawn, then most of the next one. The small partial spawn seemed to be mostly demon type creatures (doppelgangers, fire daemons, lesser oni which in this spawn were not strong at all) and the second was Repond-based (Lizardman Witchdoctors, Ratman Assassins (weaker archers), orcs, ogres and titans (lesser than normal ones)). I went through 12 of the 14 waves of spawn until making a tactical error of carrying too few bandages found myself overwhelmed.

Haven't checked out Level 3 yet.

As for the Level 2 spawn, looks like the lack of loot makes it have a different tactical style by removing the need to balance carrying weight for loot vs gear based on situations. So the melee warrior can take in the slayers they think they will need as well as many more bandages and potions to use. Having the creatures gate in in different places allows for more people to be involved, but I'm not sure if this is scaled to the number of people in the dungeon at the time or not. When I went last night there were two other players there as well and the spawn gated in in several different spots in the dungeon.

So far though... I like the new concept and the rewards involved... however there does seem to be a certain portion of it missing or at least not very well explained (in terms of the dungeon as a whole).

S

Sevin0oo0

fire daemons.
mentioning these.. these the ones that hit for 60 damage in all 70's?, if so, did anyone see anything else that does that, or similar?
I love hack & slash, not hack run heal. I assume "Fire", but in name only, NOT in nature?

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

The ones in the level 2 spawn were far less powerful than in the Abyss. They are probably scaled back due to the numbers used during the Level 2 invasion waves and depending on the number of waves in each invasion. They might get to that level in power in the last few waves of a longer invasion cycle.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After more testing on level 3 and the prison, I can say this:
- The monsters spawn is NOT static like the other dungeons, the spawn cycle the monster group on shard maintenance.
- The stats changes at maintenance too, but for the whole day each monster group will keep static res, skill. HP, dex, str, etc.. are monster related and changes at maintenance but stil fixed for the whole day.
- On level 3 the resistances seems to vary from 50 to 80 no matter what's the monster.
- On the prison the resistances seems to vary from 90 to 100 no matter what's the monster.
- In the prison the monsters are insanely hard to take down.
- On level 2 (the void pool), the monsters stats vary based on the wave and the res goes from 0 to probably 100 in the long terms, for what I could see on wave 18 the res were between 50-60 so to reach 100 (if is reachable) requires at least the wave 40...

Nimuaq

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On level 2 (the void pool), the monsters stats vary based on the wave and the res goes from 0 to probably 100 in the long terms, for what I could see on wave 18 the res were between 50-60 so to reach 100 (if is reachable) requires at least the wave 40...
It wasn't 100 at wave 53.

S

Sevin0oo0

How is the Ranking done?i haven't been in there. If it's by a Tamer, does it show toon or pet name, guessing this is for individuals and not group scores?

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Some Stratics folks spent some time at the void pool yesterday. Surprisingly challenging. I brought an archer/bard with 120 music/disco/provo. Once we hit level 35-or-so, I was failing to provo probably 80% of the time, even when using slayer instruments. Lots of fun, but I don't the 4-5 of us made it past level 38 or 39.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
good, then there still a margin to reach very high waves... maybe at some point stop increasing the stats and just increase the amount? we'll see...

Some Stratics folks spent some time at the void pool yesterday. Surprisingly challenging. I brought an archer/bard with 120 music/disco/provo. Once we hit level 35-or-so, I was failing to provo probably 80% of the time, even when using slayer instruments. Lots of fun, but I don't the 4-5 of us made it past level 38 or 39.
When it goes live I imagine we will see million of points in japanese shards :D

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I reached the old prison that used to have rotting corpses and mummy... now it's a bit creepy:
all the monsters in there have all skills at 160, all res at about 80, they run like bullets and hits pretty hard. The only good thing is the doors are locked :D
160 in skills and 80 in all resistances? Have any pics? Perhaps they changed the numbers. When I went through LVL 3 nothing had more than 100 wrestling, and most creatures had 69. Hm. 160 vs. 120 w/ 45 DCI would still result in less than 50% hit chance, though.

Nimuaq

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How is the Ranking done?i haven't been in there. If it's by a Tamer, does it show toon or pet name, guessing this is for individuals and not group scores?
It shows character names and score is different than reward points: you can have the best score for a battle but the least reward points. Score is based on the difficulty and the number of creatures you killed while reward points are based on how many waves you have seen. I was going to add this to uoguide but couldn't verify it, this has an error margin of +/-3 and it is still considered as an intuitive guess by me:

Waves 1 - 10 → 1 reward point per wave
Waves 11 - 15 → 2 reward points per wave
Waves 16 - 30 → 4 reward points per wave
Waves 31 - 50 → 8 reward points per wave
Waves 51 - ? → 16 reward points per wave

By the way, if you started at wave 15 and helped through wave 30, you still need to calculate your reward points based on the number of waves, so 16 waves in this case which is about 24 points. Come and test it yourself in TC1, if you see a purple gargoyle that constantly dies, that's me.

160 in skills and 80 in all resistances? Have any pics? Perhaps they changed the numbers. When I went through LVL 3 nothing had more than 100 wrestling, and most creatures had 69. Hm. 160 vs. 120 w/ 45 DCI would still result in less than 50% hit chance, though.
Even the two of the very same creature type have different statistics, based on where or when they spawn apparently.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
now the res vary from 90 to 100, but it's randomized on server restart so there is no way to calculate the range...