• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Cove crafters items..

Remove the timer from crafting items.

• Total voters

T-Hunt

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do you think the timers should be removed from crafter items from cove point system?
Sine they have charges anyways..

TullyMars

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nope.
If the timers are removed then they will just be sold on vendors and hoarded like runic kits or such.
I believe the timers and charges and coordinates and such are there to make it so they benefit an actual player rather than a script.

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since I won't be getting any of them, it doesn't matter.

T-Hunt

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I found it only takes a few runs on a samp to get points high enough..
But true the timer may stop scripters..
How ever they can just spam selling such and such andtransfer it to how ever wants it..
So in a way you cant win for losing..
Ah well lets see what happens in the next few weeks..

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nope.
If the timers are removed then they will just be sold on vendors and hoarded like runic kits or such.
I believe the timers and charges and coordinates and such are there to make it so they benefit an actual player rather than a script.
Or the script character will mass up points, then spam general chat that they are selling the items.

And the timers bum out real player who want to use/trade/sell them.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So in a way you cant win for losing..
You know, I wish that rather than come up with all of these convoluted means of impairing scripting (that are at best only slightly successful, and are annoying or downright harmful to regular players) they actually came up with a means of detecting scripts.

T-Hunt

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You know, I wish that rather than come up with all of these convoluted means of impairing scripting (that are at best only slightly successful, and are annoying or downright harmful to regular players) they actually came up with a means of detecting scripts.
So do i..
The map idea for ore and lumber is a good start.
I dont think you can script opening the map and trying to find said spot.
Then harvest it and find the next spot.
The spot does not last all day , it only has so much of the colored resources..
it would have been nice if they made a crafters station for all crafts insted of just a porta forge.
It would be so handy in places like DOOM , for people who still do it.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, don't remove . Otherwise the reason to keep doing the void pool is gone.
Some do the void pool not just to get a shield or weapon. I'm mostly most interested in the maps and other crafters items. :)

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As pointed out the right tool for the job and the points come easy

Sideways pointed out no need to wear the place out, buuutttt, the more players there the higher the levels the more points earned. In time getting a group together to hunt for few hours will be worse then getting players to circle for a minute.

If they can write a script to tame KiRin/Unicorn in Malas and turn in at the zoo and return to rail search for target again, the tools are no hurdle. The way they are now they wear out fast. Question is if I get a second tool and use the same start point and path. Will it find same spot/stuff.

Not sure on the forge blocking movement ability. All good if monsters can break them if blocking.

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, don't remove . Otherwise the reason to keep doing the void pool is gone.
Some do the void pool not just to get a shield or weapon. I'm mostly most interested in the maps and other crafters items. :)
You don't understand the question. The OP wants to remove the timer, not the charges, so you would still need to do the void pool.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You don't understand the question. The OP wants to remove the timer, not the charges, so you would still need to do the void pool.
I understand him just fine. :)

This way people have to plan carefully what they need to do when they get the item. Maps don't have charges, only buy them when you need the ore.
As far i know Talismans don't have timers.

With the limit use time of the item you create a constant need to get the items again and that leads that people have to go back to the voidpool to get more points back. Its not that hard to work on your void pool points if you don't mind working together often with other people.

If you did not use all charges in the limited 24 hours, you did not plan it well to convert your logs and ingots.. ;)