• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Evaluating Intelligence] Couple of PvP Mage Questions

X

Xzile98

Hi Guys,

I have just returned after about 3 or 4 years and am somewhat confused. If anyone could help with these, it would be most appreciated.

I have trawled through the forum posts and stickys and most things have been answered but I havea few more as I am not sure if these are still in date.

1: Do Ninja Mages still work? My Nox/Ninja/Fence mage doesn't seem anywhere as good with DS. Anyone got a good temp?
2: Do Bush/Parry mages still work? I cant see how to fit into a template - any suggestions?
3: The "dodge" thing - What do i need to have equiv of 120 dodge? Is it 120 eval/80 anat or 120 magery/80 anat? Does this work if I am armed with a spell book?
4: Can you still learn resist by repeatedly casting weaken? Can I do this in a house or does it have to be in the open world?

Cheers for the help

C

Capt.E

1: DS now is based on hiding and stealth for damage. Some dropped weapon skill and added anat for forms. Necro mages, scribe-weaver, scribe-mystic are more popular
2: no resist temps are popular. Trapped boxes, apples, and potions are required.
3: anat + eval must = 220

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

4: Yes. Anywhere. Though most people use the spectral spellbinders in new haven as they cast no damaging spells only resistable ones.

Also in new haven, you can buy most skills to 40, then take an instructors quest, which gives alacrity type gains to 50. (each time you gain you get 0.2-0.5) Don't return to the quest giver for the reward afterwards, if you complete it you will never be able to use it on that character again. (should you change templates a lot) So once it get to 50+ resign the quest.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All good answers, only thing i would add is that you can achieve effective ninja or bush/parry mage builds with using mage weapons instead of a weapon skill.

If you do mage weapon bush/parry make sure to throw on 50 weapon skill of the mage weapon you use so you can use evasion as well.