• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Couple of concerns/complaints for devs to look at.

The_Dude_

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First there has been numerous posts about the spawns being broken. Im perfectly fine with people working the lower lvls and gettings 105's, sots, and replicas. Its the fact that these people can work a spawns lower lvl and pretty much find a safe spot on the same server and just hide and go afk eventually it will get worked and they get a scroll popped in there pack is a damn joke. The 90 tile thing needs to work for everything and 110's and up need to be for those who kill the champion like it was supposed to be.

Second why does flagging you a criminal in some cases still let you run into a house? This has never sat well with me and its getting annoying. If you flag in anyway say heal a red, kill a pet(not killing doesnt allow u in house), steal from someone, res a criminal, or perform any beneficial acts on a criminal should house flag you. Anything that would normally make a blue player go grey should house flag you. For those saying stay away from yew or houses please dont troll. There are houses everywhere. Fight in destard run out front houses. Despise houses out front. T2A entrances houses out front. So its not just yew gate.

Third Why does stealth not require a skill pause? Everything else requires a pause inbetween use of 2 skills yet stealth does not. Smoke bomb and walk away. Hide and walk away immediately. This should not be allowed. They already dumbed stealth down by not making you have to count your steps and having stealth auto work...I dont mind smoke bombs or hiding. I have pots to throw or spells to cast. Its the fact that you can hide and immediately leave the scene not having to wait 12 seconds to move. I mean hell even HONOR uses a skill pause. I use spirit speak and try to use honor i have to wait the timer.

Fourth. FACTION STATLOSS SHOULD BE JUST THAT STATLOSS. It should be a hardcap and nothing should be able to raise you over the statloss while your in it. I dont care if use use +skill jewels while your not in stat but being able to go into stat put on some items(mostly thieves) and do exactly what you came to do in the first place before you died is a god damn joke. If a tamer dies they should not be able to control there pet until statloss is over. No lets switch some jewels out and right back into a fight. Same goes for dexers/mages as well.

I'll leave my complaints about inability to stop blatant cheaters and hacks to a different thread. As we all know the answer will be we are working on it but we cannot tell you about it. After 4+ years its getting old.

O

Old Man of UO

Third Why does stealth not require a skill pause? Everything else requires a pause inbetween use of 2 skills yet stealth does not. Smoke bomb and walk away. Hide and walk away immediately. This should not be allowed. They already dumbed stealth down by not making you have to count your steps and having stealth auto work...I dont mind smoke bombs or hiding. I have pots to throw or spells to cast. Its the fact that you can hide and immediately leave the scene not having to wait 12 seconds to move. I mean hell even HONOR uses a skill pause. I use spirit speak and try to use honor i have to wait the timer. ...
You never stated why stealth should have a pause between uses, only said that other skills do have pauses or timers. Why should it be like every other skill? OH wait... not every skill has a timer between uses... You forgot to mention those.

Stealth used to be like that and it became useless after they made that change. You could only walk 8 steps... long pause... 8 steps... and anything within 2 screens would reveal you. Now it is at least useful. If you are complaining that it makes OTHER templates over powered, then examples would be useful.

As it is, I like stealth to stay the way it is.

D

DuttyD

Third Why does stealth not require a skill pause? Everything else requires a pause inbetween use of 2 skills yet stealth does not. Smoke bomb and walk away. Hide and walk away immediately. This should not be allowed. They already dumbed stealth down by not making you have to count your steps and having stealth auto work...I dont mind smoke bombs or hiding. I have pots to throw or spells to cast. Its the fact that you can hide and immediately leave the scene not having to wait 12 seconds to move. I mean hell even HONOR uses a skill pause. I use spirit speak and try to use honor i have to wait the timer.
From a thieves perspective if I dont think this should be changed.
I think there are to many ways to reveal a thief that we need this to be competitive.
Sure we could steal and item and use a smoke bomb, but we will be revealed almost instantly.. So we hide, and then would have to wait 10 seconds for stealth?
It makes it to hard to get away.

There are 3 instant unlimited reveals - EQ, Whither, Reveal. For hiding, we can only use jewls to hide over and over.
Not to mention anyone can auto follow thus making stealth almost worthless
I think auto stealth is needed for us to get away.

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think wither will reveal a stealther, but you did leave out wildfire, conflag pots, detect hidden, fire/poison fields, and area effect weapons as methods used to reveal stealthers.

The_Dude_

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a stealter. Wither does not work. Conflag does not work by the time the pot hits the ground WHICH U CAN SEE you are able to move out of the what 9x9 square. Im not positive but im pretty sure area affects on weapons havent worked in a long time not 100% pos though.

I have no problem with templates using stealth. I have a problem with stealth being able to be used immediately after you hide. Please list 2 skills you can use back to back. Hiding is a skill and stealth is a skill. Find me 2 i can use back to back with no delay.

Fields are easily avoidable with shadow jump and the right template. Poison fields DO NOT reveal 100%. Carry petals and your fine.

Reveal does not work on someone with 100 hiding. Which leave wildfire and eq. Those are both the best methods. w/o casting on a normal dexer wildfire takes forever to cast and again easily out of screen.

O

Old Man of UO

Please list 2 skills you can use back to back. Hiding is a skill and stealth is a skill. Find me 2 i can use back to back with no delay.
How about blacksmithing, mining, carpentry.. oh that's 3 skills. And there are more.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How about blacksmithing, mining, carpentry.. oh that's 3 skills. And there are more.
Alchemy, cartography, anatomy, eval, snooping, bowcraft/fletching, forensic ID, taste ID, item ID. Oh, and lockpicking too :D
Of course there are all the combat skills: you don't need to wait between hits.
Magery type skills: Don't need to wait between spells.

You do know if you try to stealth by an elf you will get revealed? If you have gm detect and have someone stealth by you, they get revealed. And add in tracking and bam, find the stealther and just walk over and stand right on them. Fail to reveal them? Second they move they will get revealed.

Chain lightning, EQ, Poison strike, meteor strike, poison field, conflag pots, area hit weapons. I'm sure there are plenty of other ways to do it, but this is a nice list.

The only reason stealthing seems so powerful is because no one wants to make a detect hidden/tracker or put in the time to try and find them.

O

Old Man of UO

Alchemy, cartography, anatomy, eval, snooping, bowcraft/fletching, forensic ID, taste ID, item ID. Oh, and lockpicking too :D
Of course there are all the combat skills: you don't need to wait between hits.
Magery type skills: Don't need to wait between spells.

You do know if you try to stealth by an elf you will get revealed? If you have gm detect and have someone stealth by you, they get revealed. And add in tracking and bam, find the stealther and just walk over and stand right on them. Fail to reveal them? Second they move they will get revealed.

Chain lightning, EQ, Poison strike, meteor strike, poison field, conflag pots, area hit weapons. I'm sure there are plenty of other ways to do it, but this is a nice list.

The only reason stealthing seems so powerful is because no one wants to make a detect hidden/tracker or put in the time to try and find them.
Yep, Yep, Yep... exactly! There is nothing wrong with stealthing as it is implemented in the game now. There are some some skill combos that a max skill dexxer (or pick your PvP template) can't seem to handle. There are ways to deal with it, just not usually in "my favorite template."

M

Malador

First there has been numerous posts about the spawns being broken. Im perfectly fine with people working the lower lvls and gettings 105's, sots, and replicas. Its the fact that these people can work a spawns lower lvl and pretty much find a safe spot on the same server and just hide and go afk eventually it will get worked and they get a scroll popped in there pack is a damn joke. The 90 tile thing needs to work for everything and 110's and up need to be for those who kill the champion like it was supposed to be.
Spawns are working better right now than they have since they were first put in. There are more people getting scrolls than just the zerg guilds such as the one the thread author belongs to. There are more fights in dungeons. More people running around in dungeons.

The way spawns have worked for years meant all someone had to do was take the spawn at the last minute before the champ was damaged or even heal up the champ and all the hard work put in by others would be wasted. THis resulted in virtually no one doing spawns except those who could field very large numbers. The way it is working now requires those large guilds to go out and start the spawn, work the spawn, and finish the spawn while repelling everyone else if they want all the scrolls.

This is way better leave it the way it is.

Second why does flagging you a criminal in some cases still let you run into a house? This has never sat well with me and its getting annoying. If you flag in anyway say heal a red, kill a pet(not killing doesnt allow u in house), steal from someone, res a criminal, or perform any beneficial acts on a criminal should house flag you. Anything that would normally make a blue player go grey should house flag you. For those saying stay away from yew or houses please dont troll. There are houses everywhere. Fight in destard run out front houses. Despise houses out front. T2A entrances houses out front. So its not just yew gate.
Big shock I actually agree with this one but it realy does only have to do with yew gate fighting or similar activity.

This one is simple stupid. if it did not work this way stealth would be useless.

Instead lets put a 12 second delay in between activations of Lighting Strike. It is kind of stupid that you can do it ever single time you hit something. There should be a delay or a limit.

Fourth. FACTION STATLOSS SHOULD BE JUST THAT STATLOSS. It should be a hardcap and nothing should be able to raise you over the statloss while your in it. I dont care if use use +skill jewels while your not in stat but being able to go into stat put on some items(mostly thieves) and do exactly what you came to do in the first place before you died is a god damn joke. If a tamer dies they should not be able to control there pet until statloss is over. No lets switch some jewels out and right back into a fight. Same goes for dexers/mages as well.
Factions are simply broken and pointless so I have no opinion about this one.