• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Councils

Sargatanza

Journeyman
As i see someone dont know that the council is the form of governance with which many people are likely to have their first experience as electors or participants, but in practice this method works very badly, and usually it is "his people". Next one, there is nothing really cool in the Consulate if you have nothing to offer or to promote.
If i understand correct, the idea of King Kelmo looks more like a deliberative assembly. I am dont understand why numbers of council are limited? I didnt see any problem with that, if group will do a committee (or "commission") with body of one or more persons which will represent their subordinate to a deliberative assembly (a committee is not itself considered to be a form of assembly). I dont understand why King Kelmo use Governors positions to take a spots. I dont understand why we all cannt use this gorgeous King's castle in Brit? If we trying to do something good for SP, not for anyone personaly, doors always must be open, please let's not complicate the process with unnecessary bureaucracy. Deliberation theory is a non-political and non-legal subject dealing with the technical aspects of making decisions with varying amounts of information.

1) A group of representatives meets to discuss and make decisions on behalf of the entire membership of a committee (or "commission").
2) They meet under equivalent conditions of simultaneous aural communication.
3) Each member is free to act according to own judgement, has the right to attend meetings, make motions, speak in debate, and vote.
4) Each member has an equal vote.
5) If the Committee representative behave in a manner that is not censorship, commits acts of aggressive nature, he is excommunicated from the Council with the right to revise its behavior. The Committee, which he represented has the right to choose a new representative.

If my idea will have support, then I would be happy to work out a mechanism for its implementation :)

*hugs*