• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Council of mages

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd like to be factioned. Not for pvp but for items :)
I've chosen Council of mages, at magincia, but i can't join the faction. It's all ruined...
There another place where CoM are?

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've chosen Council of mages, at magincia, but i can't join the faction. It's all ruined...
I hope your quest to exploit the faction system fails miserably, and you get PKd and drop everything you own.

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, i dont' undersatand english very well. UO doesn't italian like an language who want to answer to my question.
In europe german it's ok. BUT 'IT OK?
Italian it's a very little idiom :(
Please explain to me like easyer :(

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hope your quest to exploit the faction system fails miserably, and you get PKd and drop everything you own.
You are mad?????????????
Maybe i am italian and i have undertood not so very well
You are against faction?
And you smell, sorry......................
I want a reasonable answer.
I repeat.
I want to join to CoM. In Magincia.
Where I have to join CoM?

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My poor german guy............
I dont' undesrstand what you say. But you are a german answer. Poor, poor man :(
For all the other answer... Please, give me the right answerr :)

Alezi

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
QFT.

EDIT: I hope she gets banned from the forums as just glancing at her threads gives me a headache ;_;

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My poor german guy............
I dont' undesrstand what you say. But you are a german answer. Poor, poor man :(
For all the other answer... Please, give me the right answerr :)
Since you seem to have so much difficulty understanding me, I'll speak in your native tongue.

Lo odio e tutto che rappresentiate.

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since you seem to have so much difficulty understanding me, I'll speak in your native tongue.

I think that about covers it. I'm sure she won't misunderstand that.:danceb:

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I don't see her exploiting the faction system, everyone is a faction arty w.... now, so why not. Those on Great Lakes that are in factions, dont do factions for factions sake, they want those nice pieces so they can pvp at yew gate. Last I check, factions were not yew gate.

G

Gellor

Arabella, factions is about PvP, gate or not. Yew gate is PvP. Raiding/doing a fel champ spawn can lead to PvP. Going to tram and hiding out doing peerlesses is NOT PvP nor will any show up there.

Sounds like the OP is going to tram it up which is NOT what factions is for.

I would love to see the devs throw in a "You aren't in Fel, your equipment falls in your pack" type system for Faction arties:next:

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
(Not sure this 100% translates it's probably as broken as your English but...)
Don' la t viene ad una tribuna della fazione ed invitare i giocatori della fazione a befriend qualcuno che stia usando appena la fazione per gli articoli cari.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
how are you going to equip the faction items if you don't pvp to get the faction points to wear them?

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
how are you going to equip the faction items if you don't pvp to get the faction points to wear them?
Thats the exploiting part that Arabella didn't understand. She's going to see-saw to get points to hold rank.

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thats the exploiting part that Arabella didn't understand. She's going to see-saw to get points to hold rank.
Oh I do understand very well Lynk, she will farm points to keep her rank up. She stated her reason for wanting to do factions, since EA chose not to make the arties only wearable in Fel, live with it.

Gellor: Yew Gate fighting is not Factions, it is just a place for ppl to run in groups and gank people.

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Faction is a joke atm...
I play dracs, and everyone is in COM...lol
So ivory go ahead and join whatever faction you want, and wear the uber-stuff, enjoy it as long as it last, coz i really hope that factions gets a revamp.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gellor: Yew Gate fighting is not Factions, it is just a place for ppl to run in groups and gank people.
Believe it or not, not everyone has the desire to sit inside a faction base with a greater dragon casting efields and spamming your 'all kill' macro.

Some people join factions specifically for the group fights.

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Believe it or not, not everyone has the desire to sit inside a faction base with a greater dragon casting efields and spamming your 'all kill' macro.

Some people join factions specifically for the group fights.
LOL, yea i like that type of defense, but then you wouldn't know when I play another character like a nox mage, because I dont see you around :)

:danceb::danceb::danceb:

S

Saleena

How can you say that Factioning isn't about pvp? Reguardless if its at yew gate or anywhere else if your pvping the oppisite faction, it is factions! And it is fun!:D But if you haven't noticed on Great lakes the majorty of people in factions play later at night, I'm sorry we don't have theives on at all hours of the day like some other factions, kind of hard to guard when you are working:dunce: By the time I get home from work Sigs are already corrupted, maybe some certain faction should guard during the hours there are more people on then they wouldn't have to whine about people not guarding, or in their eyes playing factions correclty:thumbsup:

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How can you say that Factioning isn't about pvp? Reguardless if its at yew gate or anywhere else if your pvping the oppisite faction, it is factions! And it is fun!:D But if you haven't noticed on Great lakes the majorty of people in factions play later at night, I'm sorry we don't have theives on at all hours of the day like some other factions, kind of hard to guard when you are working:dunce: By the time I get home from work Sigs are already corrupted, maybe some certain faction should guard during the hours there are more people on then they wouldn't have to whine about people not guarding, or in their eyes playing factions correclty:thumbsup:[/QUOTE

Well I guess the other factions should of treated their thieves a bit better, and you all would have more :).

I don't have the time to run the sigils like I did, and there only a couple of thieves in TB that are actively playing atm. But with the timers back to normal and you playing later in the evening that should not be a problem now.:danceb: for you all to grab the sigils and try to guard them :)

S

Saleena

The thieves we had are the thieves we currenlty have which would include myself,and bo has a theif as well...Since the timers wen't back there is not one time I have logged on and the sigs have been stealable...I could however wait around all night check the sigs but I would rather enjoy the game a little bit more then that, and defend my faction in other ways like pvp:thumbsup:

S

Saleena

Ill reset brit 4 r 5 times a day untill someone guards :p
How about TB guards during the fighting hours....The only thing is when we steal the sigs to guard 99.9% of the time we never get a good raid which is what makes it fun and intresting, the only thing Tb ever sends in is their theifs one by one to try and push through. If your the only faction that is willing to guard sigs you should be just as willing to come get you some, and by that I dont mean sitting in your house at the end of our base sending in one theif and at time.. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You aren't wrong.

But whats wrong with raiding on a thief? I've saved many a sig in the 10th hour...or pushed an entire guild back into their base with pots...lol. Its fun. Ive never seen any other template ruin an entire well-thought defense while running solo.

Sorry if I have fun with it. :danceb:

S

Saleena

You aren't wrong.

But whats wrong with raiding on a thief? I've saved many a sig in the 10th hour...or pushed an entire guild back into their base with pots...lol. Its fun. Ive never seen any other template ruin an entire well-thought defense while running solo.

Believe me your the only one who makes it intresting....At least you try and keep trying I just wish the rest of your faction would do the same instead of sitting in the house...Why not all push along with you?

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Stealing sigils is a joke. There are some hardheaded thieves out there, i really admire the work you do. But as the faction system is now, people only join factions because of the gear. If you think otherwise you are very naive. They should change the system, so that the number of towns you own, reflects the level of gear you can wear...Then we have to fight for our uber-gear. That might bring some teamspirit back to factions.

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Of course its all for the gear. But there are still plenty of 'factioners', on GL at least, that were playing in the system long before the gear.

That idea would work, to a degree. The one thing I have against it (and the many other ideas Ive heard), is that it could help the corrupting faction keep an iron grip on the towns. Through the years I've seen many guilds, even entire alliances, from across multiple factions, all get up and leave because they simply couldn't get the towns as hard as they tried. So all in all, I have to be against any incentive that makes the corrupting faction overly powerful, or gives any sort of "tweak" to their base.

Edit: Really, the only way I can see for the devs to make good on what they did to factions is to allow it cross-facet. I'm yet to really hear one decent argument for why it shouldn't be.

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How about TB guards during the fighting hours....The only thing is when we steal the sigs to guard 99.9% of the time we never get a good raid which is what makes it fun and intresting, the only thing Tb ever sends in is their theifs one by one to try and push through. If your the only faction that is willing to guard sigs you should be just as willing to come get you some, and by that I dont mean sitting in your house at the end of our base sending in one theif and at time.. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
There are usually more then one, tinkz will go in and I will run the diversion :). Or Tinkz and Nonel will run at ya :):danceb:

S

Saleena

There are usually more then one, tinkz will go in and I will run the diversion :). Or Tinkz and Nonel will run at ya :):danceb:
Yea but the only one that can put up an impressive fight is nonel. He's the biggest pain in the rear when he gets in the base the rest are easier to track and kill. Nonel can stay alive a looooong time the little Sh**!

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yea but the only one that can put up an impressive fight is nonel. He's the biggest pain in the rear when he gets in the base the rest are easier to track and kill. Nonel can stay alive a looooong time the little Sh**!
Yes he is a pain in the butt, to bad he can't play more

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Why rag on Ivory for being honest? The are many "factioneers" that do this very same thing. Blame the system...

G

Gellor

Why rag on Ivory for being honest? The are many "factioneers" that do this very same thing. Blame the system...
The excuse of "everyone is doing it" doesn't fly for a lot here. Especially given EA's very slow to get to ANYTHING UO related and factions is an even bigger step child:coco:

But I will give Ivory credit for being honest.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll give her credit for shutting up and not replying with more bull****.

W

wee papa smurf

You aren't wrong.

Iv thought about getting my thief back in action to raid TB again, and give you all sore heads, but no-one seems to be on when im around lol
:danceb:

C

controlfive

as long as faction crystalline and orny are only available from factions, i'll be killing myself for points to use em. they really should make non-faction versions of the faction artis available in doom or SA, and give factions something else.

M

mutau

I don't think so. they should make Faction items drop in the bag the moment you enter any facet other than Fel.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think so. they should make Faction items drop in the bag the moment you enter any facet other than Fel.
I disagree, they should extend faction PvP to all facets. If you want to wear the items to get the DH keys, you take the risk of being wtfdismountganked in front of irk, sabrix, silk, guile, and spite.

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have no idea what Lynk said in his 2nd sentence. But the first statement was spot on.

C

controlfive

faction crystalline and orny are way too powerful to only give to factioners/pvpers, imo. i can't see them ever adding a better jewel set as far as useful mods, mod intensities, and synergy. i think it's detrimental to the game that they were added in the first place, and this is coming from somebody that uses them on his main char (necro/tamer).

M

mutau

I have no idea what Lynk said in his 2nd sentence. But the first statement was spot on.
You know, I agree. If we could have factions anywhere, then hell yes! But that would be rather tricky to have a red faction guy in Luna or WBB or anywhere in tram. But what a sight that would be!