• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Could you please turn Housing Decay for Inactive accounts back on?

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have a friend who's been out of UO for almost a year now, house still hasn't gone into decay state yet...Enough already...

shanshu

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually, can you please keep it off until I dl KR again and reactivate my account?;)

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seeing as it IS on... that would be one of the houses you should be reporting like they asked you to on uo.com a while back.

A

Anon McDougle

they asked for OSI owned houses to be reported yes ??

R

Ravenspyre

Why do you care if the house decays or not? Some friend you are really. Ready to boot him out the door already, despite the fact that his house being there might be a reason he comes back? Only reason I don't bother coming back is because I've got nothing to come back to. I lost everything except what's in the vaults on my characters, and really don't feel like paying some namby pamby scripter several king's randoms just to get a small house.

J

jelinidas

Only reason I don't bother coming back is because I've got nothing to come back to.
Why do people that do not play UO or have no intention of coming back even read UO Stratics? Worse yet, post?

No handouts here.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why do you care if the house decays or not? Some friend you are really. Ready to boot him out the door already, despite the fact that his house being there might be a reason he comes back? Only reason I don't bother coming back is because I've got nothing to come back to. I lost everything except what's in the vaults on my characters, and really don't feel like paying some namby pamby scripter several king's randoms just to get a small house.

Because I gave him the house. uhhh, period.

R

Ravenspyre

Why do people that do not play UO or have no intention of coming back even read UO Stratics? Worse yet, post?

No handouts here.
Probably because I had more invested in UO than a good majority of the actual people who posted here, and I keep watching and waiting to see if they will actually abort the abomination that became of UO and revert back to a decent age where items didn't make or break your build, and crafters actually mattered.

I don't spend my time actually attacking UO I read and watch for the most part, but I do speak out against issues, and considering the amount of time and effort I contributed, telling me I should get lost makes you a **** poor player by far.

T

The Home Guild

Maybe This Person Still Has Acct On Thier Credit Card,perhaps?

B

BartofCats

how do you know that your friend hasnt reactivated their account within the time frame that EA/Mythic has set out to avoid the decay cycle?? I mean thats what i would do if I was not playing but didnt want to loose anything i had accumulated for if/when i wanted to play again.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have a friend who's been out of UO for almost a year now, house still hasn't gone into decay state yet...Enough already...
It is on. A guildie who quit in early spring had his house fall a couple weeks ago.

R

Ravenspyre

Then why is the house of someone I know who deactivated their account last September still standing?
Are you sure they deactivated their account or just stopped playing, but still paying. YOu know, the time you ahve between fall and such, you can deactivate and reactivate in a timely manner and not have to worry about your house going away.

Vor

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Then why is the house of someone I know who deactivated their account last September still standing?
Bugs in the system.. my main house fell with all my items, soul stones etc some months back. But a stupid small tower I had next door on another account that was empty (this account closed about a month before the main account) was still standing.

F

feath

how long is it between deactivating your account, and having your house fall, on average?

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Should be 95 days. (After 90 decay starts, and 5.something days after the house finally falls.)

Nylan

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The last that I knew there was some reason that if you placed on an account that was up from the yearly welcome back to Britannia the houses did not decay.
There has been multiple post from people that have place during this time and never reactivated their accounts that still have the houses standing.

And there was a post at one time they were going to look in to it.
And this is different from the OSI owned houses...

Stigmatas

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can get some nice large plots in Fel until you get a foothold again. Depends on the shard, but Fel is always the way to go for a cheap large house these days. Add in the fact that they pretty much killed scripters for housing at least anyway. With the random house placement and the 15 day char age requirement, and whatnot. I guess they can still script, but at least the way it is now, the scripters don't get the plot as soon as the IDOC falls.

Stigmatas

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Probably because I had more invested in UO than a good majority of the actual people who posted here, and I keep watching and waiting to see if they will actually abort the abomination that became of UO and revert back to a decent age where items didn't make or break your build, and crafters actually mattered.

I don't spend my time actually attacking UO I read and watch for the most part, but I do speak out against issues, and considering the amount of time and effort I contributed, telling me I should get lost makes you a **** poor player by far.
Let me pre-empt the Sieger's here and say, sounds like you want siege. No chance of that coming back to the regular shards, thank the Gods. As far as items and crafters mattering, thats a matter of opinion. All mine matter. *shrug*

shanshu

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I read Stratics, and post, because I am waiting. Waiting for a reason to come back. I miss playing. After 8 years, it is really difficult not to log in and feed, kill, craft or sell something.

But there is no reason to come back yet. This game has not moved anywhere in several years. KR is all but a hope. SA, well, I don't even know what to say about that. When I went to Town Hall in June/July of last year, it was rolling out "soon". 13 months later and there is no word.

R

Ravenspyre

Let me pre-empt the Sieger's here and say, sounds like you want siege. No chance of that coming back to the regular shards, thank the Gods. As far as items and crafters mattering, thats a matter of opinion. All mine matter. *shrug*
Pre-empt the siegers till you are blue in the face. Siege isn't the shard I want at all. Siege is a has been, a ghost, a wannabe, and the least populated shard for very good reasons. I want to be a crafter again, what I enjoyed doing. I want to be able to make a sword again and know it will sell on the market. I want to be able to make all the classic armor styles and know I can sell them. Farming hours for junk and garbage and having to measure and weigh every single property and piece of garbage that comes of a mob is not fun.

M

mutau

Are you sure they deactivated their account or just stopped playing, but still paying. YOu know, the time you ahve between fall and such, you can deactivate and reactivate in a timely manner and not have to worry about your house going away.
You can also choose to have the acct close at the end of the subscription period rather than close it immediately. I did that with one acct, and it just so happened that the billing cycle went through and i'm paid up for another 6 months and this last month.

In Flames

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since I know the same person, yes, it's guaranteed they deactivated their account. They used a 14 day trial account last September, logged in, didn't like it then closed the account. The house still stands.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pre-empt the siegers till you are blue in the face. Siege isn't the shard I want at all. Siege is a has been, a ghost, a wannabe, and the least populated shard for very good reasons. I want to be a crafter again, what I enjoyed doing. I want to be able to make a sword again and know it will sell on the market. I want to be able to make all the classic armor styles and know I can sell them. Farming hours for junk and garbage and having to measure and weigh every single property and piece of garbage that comes of a mob is not fun.
As much as some of us would like to see the same thing, the bottom line is that it will never happen. If you want a shard like that, you'd be better off go trying to find a free shard thats setup for pre-AOS. As much as I'd like to see that happen, I know things will never change. I've accepted it and adapted to the changes.

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just had two house I placed fall in the past month. Not sure why some fall and some don't.

V

Vertigo

I have two houses placed on two seperate accounts that still stand after not being active for nearly 3 years. I am friended to those houses on an active account. Maybe thats why they still stand.

Erekose

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As people have already pointed out it IS on. It's still set at 90 days though rather than the 30 they said they were changing to. Your friend either kept paying his account or it's bugged.

B

Belmarduk

No handouts here.
I will read and post as much as I like - and yes my account is inactive
Good day