• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Could amnesty be cancelled?

C

CarlosN

Hey guys,
I just wanted to know if the devs could cancel the amnesty and not have one at all? because I for one came back because of the amnesty and it would be messed up if they didnt do it at all.

M

mike1977

I'm hoping it's just getting the script ready for prime time.

O

oXTheSicknessXo

And what gives you the intention to think that the Devs would do such a thing?

G

Can I ask a question here? The title of this post is Could amnesty be cancelled. Not Could this be the beginning of amnesty?

IMO,I think these are acutally 2 different questions regarding the same subject.

D

DGLita

I dont think Amnesty will be cancelled, EA are likely to have law suit on their hands if they do, after all the promises of Amnesty.

Maybe this is the scenario

April 30th - we get Amnesty gifts yayyyyyyyy

May 1st - we get 90 day notice.........................

Please dont take any notice of that bit of pessimism, we have at least 2 Wednesdays to get through first, and who knows what may happen.

You know what they say, A week is a long time in politics

K

krazykara

You forget EA has a history of not keeping their word.
They have promised gifts for the last two years. They even said they were working on the 5th year gift and turned out that wasn't the truth. They have them now ready to give, or so we are told. But then again they said that already before.
I think this a concern that has many of us wondering if they will keep. I personally am not too concerned about the amnesty. I would be surprised if they kept their word on this one.
This is something one has to wait and see what happens. Hopefully this will be one of the few things that EA will keep their word on.

G

<blockquote><hr>

just be patience for it, it will come.

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you an EA employee with absolute knowledge of this?

N

Natedawg26

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

just be patience for it, it will come.

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you an EA employee with absolute knowledge of this?

[/ QUOTE ]

hes just saying dont throw in the towel just yet...if april 30th/may1-5th rolls around and we dont have any gifts yea im pushing the panic button like most people here and i too am a little discouraged but we should just wait until the deadline is passed before we start freaking out

G

Where has it been stated that Amnesty will be given out on the 30th of April?

G

<blockquote><hr>

Maybe this is the scenario

April 30th - we get Amnesty gifts yayyyyyyyy

May 1st - we get 90 day notice.........................

[/ QUOTE ]*airmails DGLita a tomato*

J

Jafo

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.ea-land.ea.com/blog/?p=891

Quotes:

<blockquote><hr>

For a short period of time (now until April 30, 2008), the algorithm used for skill locks will be adjusted to consider entitlement age as an alternative means of calculating skill locks.

Over a period of N days (probably 2-3 weeks long), the skill lock system will use a different algorithm. The lock amnesty will end April 30, 2008 (just like the deadline for founders and explorers).

The skill lock calculation during amnesty will be the maximum of the three following numbers:

1. Age of the avatar divided by 21 plus 20.Or
2. Entitled age of the account (same as anniversary gifts) divided by 21 plus 20.Or
3. Current number of skill locks.

This calculation will be once per day during the amnesty period encompassing all avatars created during the amnesty period.

So when is all this going to happen?!

We will be doing various pieces of the gifting and amnesty over the next 2-3 weeks. And if all goes as planned you should receive city-from gifts this week. When we are sure an aspect is working we will let you know via the blog.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course, they wrote this about a month ago yet here we sit.

I for one am basically not playing much until I get my amnesty.. It was promised, and if it isn't delivered, I will be leaving again.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.ea-land.ea.com/blog/?p=891

Quotes:

<blockquote><hr>

For a short period of time (now until April 30, 2008), the algorithm used for skill locks will be adjusted to consider entitlement age as an alternative means of calculating skill locks.

Over a period of N days (probably 2-3 weeks long), the skill lock system will use a different algorithm. The lock amnesty will end April 30, 2008 (just like the deadline for founders and explorers).

The skill lock calculation during amnesty will be the maximum of the three following numbers:

1. Age of the avatar divided by 21 plus 20.Or
2. Entitled age of the account (same as anniversary gifts) divided by 21 plus 20.Or
3. Current number of skill locks.

This calculation will be once per day during the amnesty period encompassing all avatars created during the amnesty period.

So when is all this going to happen?!

We will be doing various pieces of the gifting and amnesty over the next 2-3 weeks. And if all goes as planned you should receive city-from gifts this week. When we are sure an aspect is working we will let you know via the blog.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course, they wrote this about a month ago yet here we sit.

I for one am basically not playing much until I get my amnesty.. It was promised, and if it isn't delivered, I will be leaving again.

[/ QUOTE ]
It doesn't say Amnesty will be any specific date - that is referring to the new algorithm and the end of the skill lock amnesty period.
It says that "various pieces of the gifting and amnesty" will take place over the next 2 or 3 weeks (from the date of the blog entry).
That tells me that we were to receive (undetermined) aspects of amnesty, possibly (but not definitely) including locks, sometime within a 2 - 3 week time frame after this blog entry, but *before* April 30th. (Three weeks *after* the blog entry - March 25th - would be April 15th.)

J

Jafo

Ok, and yet we have received NOTHING. So what does that tell you?

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]It tells me that the blog post is consistent with how I read it - that they have been/are still working on changing the algorithms for determining skill locks, and that the cutover to the new system won't take place until after April 30th.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

The Devs did say they'd give us stuff in the 2-3 weeks following their blog post, but obviously changed their minds! I think that they are waiting until after April 30 because otherwise they'd have to do it all over again for those waiting until the last minute to get their accounts paid up. Hopefully we'll hear some word from them soon, but I think it's too early to accuse them of canceling amnesty. I'm not saying that you are accusing them or anything.. I'm just saying that in general.

J

Jafo

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]It tells me that the blog post is consistent with how I read it - that they have been/are still working on changing the algorithms for determining skill locks, and that the cutover to the new system won't take place until after April 30th.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? How is that consistent with "And if all goes as planned you should receive city-from gifts this week."??

G

"...if all goes as planned" Clearly everything did not go as planned...

best laid plans of mice and men and all that.