• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Copper_Enhanced poll: Health and Target bars...

Which Copper_Enhanced bars look better?

• Keep them as they are (longer and rounded from BB_Enhanced)

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • I like the new version, shorter and wider

Votes: 7 63.6%

• Total voters

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Just spent a little time with the health and target bars because I wanted to see if I could make them fit the theme more and become more of it's own skin rather than one built from another skin's base (no offense to the original artist as that skin was VERY good work). Anyway, before I add them to the next release, I'd like some feedback.

Currently, the bars look like this:

The proposed changes look like this:

Basically, for the Mobile Health bars, I reduced the length by 25% and made them a little wider to accommodate a bit of reformatting for party bars and buttons

So thoughts, opinions and which one do you like better? I'll give the poll a few days to run (or at least until I feel like there's a trend one way or the other).

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
for some reason i like the rounded look of the old ones!
but my vote goes for the new ones because they are wider and shorter and take up less space!

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I prefer the old rounded ones. the proposed new ones have a lot of unnecessary borders and look kinda less slick...

So my vote goes to the current, rounded style.

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like the new version, but I don't run with Copper_Enhanced so I did not vote in the poll.

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
New version, as they fit in with the reat of the skin better.

Keep up the good work! :thumbup:

A

AesSedai

- I went ahead and voted for the new version, but I do have a few caveats:

If think the little heal buttons should uniformly be on one side or the other (at first I wasn't, but now I'm liking the look of them on the left - it might help avoid the accidental closing of it if you accidentally tag the X button).
If doable without much difficulty, why not shift the health bar of the big one on the bottom a little to the left and decrease the width a tad bit more?

What I do like about the change is the squareness of it. It may not be as flashy as having the curved sides, but the functionality and uniformity ties in well with the squareness, err rectangularness, of the rest of the UI. Imo ;)

I assume these would be scalable along with the rest of the UI?

(As I know you will check this thread at some time, I just wanted to thank you, the modder's exchange & all for the CE, as I have enjoyed using that custom ui)

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Thanks! It's still a learning process for me... also check on the second version and see what you think. I tweaked the X button and the party bar expand button to make them less "accidentally clickable".

Here is the revamped version just to throw it in the thread as well:

As for the spell buttons, I kind of go back and forth with them on where I want them and threw them back on the right once I moved the other two buttons up to the top corners away from them.

I in the newer version I brought back a little roundness, but they are still much more square, but a bit more subtle overall.

Yes, everything is scalable with the UI.