• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Copper_Enhanced 1.7.2 released with a slightly new look...

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Notes!

V 1.7.2
- Changed the look of the Target Window to be more in line with the look of the Copper Enhanced UI as a whole and removed the Bitter Black elements accordingly
- Reduced length of mobile health bars to 75% of default
- Changed the look of the hotbars to be more in line with the look of the Copper Enhanced UI as a whole and removed the Bitter Black elements accordingly
- Made health bars wider to accommodate less width, formatted accordingly
- Retweaked interface windows to have a more streamlined appearance with the Mobile Health Bars
- Returned the "fade" on hotbar slots in which an item is placed, but is not present in the character's backpack
- Updated Item Property Highlighting and RmemberUIMod accordingly

As usual, available at the Exchange or directly here:

http://uo.modders-exchange.net/packaging/download/?version=Copper_Enhanced:1.7.2

A

AesSedai

- Sheesh! I just got around to downloading 1.7.1... so, no soup for .2! At least until I can log a few hours with .1 first.

W

woody_cats

Any chance you could include the colored grid container in copper_enhanced next time you update

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I'll look into it, it will require a bit of tweaking on the positioning of the grid view backpacks to accommodate the Mod and I need to see (as I don;t recall off the top of my head) if you can turn the mod on and off.

At the least I can make the skin more friendly to the mod itself, but the mod at its core wasn't designed around the mod.

I'll work on it though

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd suggest making a new mod specifically for the Copper_Enhanced skin, actually.
Look at what I did in the mod - it should be easy to take the Copper_Enhanced templates and move them into the mod. The only tricks will be to change your texture to a lighter grayscale, and picking a good coppery default color.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I think my plan will be just to move the scroll bar to the right to accommodate the mod and let people add it in if they so desire. That seems easiest and most flexible overall to me... and should just need to change a single X value in the XML for container windows to do it.

E

eekamouse

This is by far my favorite skin. This skin combined with some mods... I'm in heaven.

However, is there a way to fix it so you can drag the map around when you have the large map open? It works fine with the Default skin, but doesn't seem to work with this skin.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Lots more people than I get credit for it, all I've done is the graphics (with some inspiration from the original Bitter Black KR mod) tweaking the XML to make it all look right, and packaging it together. The other mods did the hard work.

Still, glad to see people are liking the skin. It's been pretty fun to make... wish I were better at the graphics though, most of what you see is simply the existing graphics modified and tweaked accordingly in some fashion.

It's been a good learning experience as well. If you have the mindset to just jump in and toy around with things you'd be surprised at how much you can do with the UI skin and modding capabilities, even if you're not all that good at coding. Just a little tweak here and there really helps the learning process.

E

eekamouse

Thanks again.

I've been futzing around a bit between this mod and the default mod. I really need to be able to move the map screen around over the next few days, since I am going to be doing a lot of treasure hunting, and moving the map around helps me pinpoint the locations.

However, I have found that I really miss the new HP/Mana bars from the Copper_Enhanced mod. Is there any way I can just pull that piece out and run it with the Default mod for now?

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dermott, I'm not sure if this is intentional or not - but in 1.7.2 the ItemPropertiesEvaluator mod is not activated by default.

I had to edit ItemPropertyHighlighting.mod and ItemPropertyHighlighting.lua applying the changes described here:

http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=167716

In 1.7 instead the mod was activated by default.
Maybe you forgot to reapply the changes when updating ItemPropertyHighlighting?

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I need to look at updating both anyway as I did have a version that broke the Evaluator completely (which is fixable by downloading 1.6.8 and porting the mod folder over). I'll put it on the list for the next update though... I just recently did a complete reinstall (to run a non-beta version of Windows 7) and need to get some stuff reinstalled though so I can update again.

Also need more time... work just got busy again so this week is bad for me.

A

AesSedai

- Great to hear!

Beastie Boys once queried:
Professor, what's another word for pirate treasure?
Why I think its work, work, that's what it is ;)