• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Copper_Enhanced 1.5.1 now available...

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Did quite a number of texture tweaks as well as some bug fixing.

The package can be found on the Exchange, please choose 1.5.1 for the latest version.

Fixes for 9/17/09 patch have been successfully applied.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: Copper_Enhanced 1.3 now available...

I have been using the Copper_Enhanced since it came out. It looks good, it runs fine and this last update certainly seems to have made it better.

Thank you for the effort.

Now then, I could not help but notice something that may or may not be of value.

I have, for lack of a better description, the System Hot Bar, the one with the Paper Doll, Skills etc at the top of the screen on the right side, next to the Radar. I also have a High Use Hot Bar butted up next to it, on the left.

The size of the horizontal rails (I assume box height), on the System Hot Bar, is not the same as the other Hot Bars. That in fact the ICONS in the System Hot Bar extend above and below the rails. Giving the illusion that there is simply a pair of lines running horizontally with the ICONS placed on them vs ICONS being held in a box.

I would estimate the vertical size difference (and I assume there is a horizontal size difference as well) is the System Hot Bard may be between .75 and .80 of the Other Hot Bars.

Sure would be nice to be able to Name some of my Pets the way I was able to in KR. :pint:

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I'm aware of the system hot bar, I believe it does the same thing in the default skin as well, starts the end cap, then scales down the background.

I'll do some digging on it and see what I can find as the texture itself stays the same size in the texture file (which if I remember correctly as I am not at home right now) is in the UOCommon.dds file.

I'll see what I can do to improve it. I also am probably going to tweak the left endcap a bit more as well.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Don't take me wrong, I kind of like the effect of ICONS on Rails vs ICONS in boxes, for me it seems to give the bar a more free form look, although I know it is not.

*Shrug*

But then I prefer the look of the Legacy containers, inside, rather than the Grid view.

The ListView is interesting only in so far as it automatically arranges things, by their last used(?) timestamp(?). I do find that useful when crafting.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Did a bit more texture work tonight, namely the War/Peace shield. The Menubar is shown below in its 4 iterations (Peace unhighlited, Peace highlited, War unhighlited, War highlighted). Also shown is the new backpack icon (closed in peace, open in war)

Still going to look at other portions of the bar, but this is what I have done for tonight.

O

Old Man of UO

I haven't tried it but am downloading it now... I don't see a description of what's included in the skin, and the preview doesn't show. Dare I ask if I can add the other mods to it? (timers, backpack/atlas open, etc.)

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Enhanced will have them already included.

The package will not have the above change, you would have to go to the Timeline page and download the changeset as a zip file then put the files in manually.

My current plan (for as long as it holds up) will be to change one or two gtexture elements a night and upload, then package on Friday.

There is a purpose behind the retexturing.

O

Old Man of UO

Enhanced will have them already included.

The package will not have the above change, you would have to go to the Timeline page and download the changeset as a zip file then put the files in manually.

My current plan (for as long as it holds up) will be to change one or two gtexture elements a night and upload, then package on Friday.

There is a purpose behind the retexturing.
Alrighty... thanks for the reply.

You know, I wish there was a way to pick items ala-carte from the modders forum and download as a single package.

*One Copper_Enhanced texture ver. 1.3, and I'll have a side order of timers and re-sizable atlas to go*

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I've noticed with the copper_Enhanced and SACopper that I can no longer right-click on my portrait health/mana/stam bar to get the context window.

Otherwise looking good.

J

Jermosh

I've noticed with the copper_Enhanced and SACopper that I can no longer right-click on my portrait health/mana/stam bar to get the context window.

Otherwise looking good.
Yeah, you have to pull a fresh hotbar off your body, thats my work around for it at least.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Yeah, you have to pull a fresh hotbar off your body, thats my work around for it at least.
*Shrug*

I do that anyway to get the 3 spell buttons, it takes me freaking for ever to find the cure spell :(

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I really like how it knows if I'm a chiv user or a mage user in regards to the health bars I pull off of a party member. If a chiv user, cure uses Clease by Fire, the heal uses close wounds, and the Bless button used remove curse.
This is awesome!!

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

You know, I wish there was a way to pick items ala-carte from the modders forum and download as a single package.
So do I :)

Unfortunately, I have more important things to work on right now.

A

Ash

I really like how it knows if I'm a chiv user or a mage user in regards to the health bars I pull off of a party member. If a chiv user, cure uses Clease by Fire, the heal uses close wounds, and the Bless button used remove curse.
This is awesome!!
Glad people are liking this little mod. Since I play chiv characters more than mages wanted something to help in groups and to cast on my lesser.

Hoping I can develop it into a stand alone mod file so other skins/mods can take advantage of it easily. Time will tell when I get back to work on the mods that is.

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

But I guess I do have time to dream a little... when I get time to put together the back-end, would a UI like this (link) work?

D

Dar_Napa

Did quite a number of texture tweaks as well as some back end support addition as well.

Main areas of difference are the paperdoll and hotbars.

The package can be found on the Exchange, please choose 1.3 and NOT 1.2 or 1.2.1 as they have issues and are NOT correct.

Direct download: Here
Hey D. GREAT job. We all need to work togather on getting skins/mods done.
I have a problem with no structure.. Sorry MCSD, MCSE

=~Dar

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

This is awesome!!
Glad people are liking this little mod. Since I play chiv characters more than mages wanted something to help in groups and to cast on my lesser.

Hoping I can develop it into a stand alone mod file so other skins/mods can take advantage of it easily. Time will tell when I get back to work on the mods that is.
I was thinking a button for Gift of Renewal since ANYONE can cast this. I have on my warrior too and since it's a long distance heal, I bet a Bush/Paladin can use to heal his runaway lesser hiryu from afar.

Then again... too many buttons might get confusing.
I guess I can always use GoR > target > stored

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

But I guess I do have time to dream a little... when I get time to put together the back-end, would a UI like this (link) work?
I played with that a bit and it is certainly usable, I think the question would be more how many would actually use it.

I am assuming there would be no retention of the previous selection and that may mean that one would need to reselect the same things.

I am also assuming there may not be any easy way know to get updates to individual components.

I suppose much of that could be mitigated with storing the information locally to the computer though. :pint:

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Final tweaks to the menu bar are done. Didn't really like how the endcap piece was fitting, so did a little changing of my own:

O

Old Man of UO

I was thinking radio buttons from a list, but your layout will work just fine. Only thing, for some reason it took several minutes to load that page. But the effect was exactly what I was looking for!

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I played with that a bit and it is certainly usable, I think the question would be more how many would actually use it.
I was taking a more "First-time download" approach when thinking about it.
Maybe I'll remove the instant auto-select/deselect thing, and instead give a warning before download ("You appear to also need...").

Old Man of UO said:
I was thinking radio buttons from a list, but your layout will work just fine. Only thing, for some reason it took several minutes to load that page. But the effect was exactly what I was looking for!
My webserver can be slow at times, the whole page is generated through Javascript, and there are a lot of images that don't actually exist... so depending on the browser you use, this version of it could take a very, very long time to load. The final version would be much more optimized.

Grr... now I want to finish this!

O

Old Man of UO

Grr... now I want to finish this!
Well, for whatever it's worth, I find it a very worthwhile project that would take a LOT of confusion out of the mods for first time users.

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

If somebody has time...

Example:
http://uo.modders-exchange.net/pack...|735|735|735|735&types=skin|icon|icon|mod|mod

components -- names of the skins/mods/etc
revisions -- svn repository revisions
types -- can be skin, partial, icon, or mod. skin is for stuff in trunk/, icon is for stuff in Icons (and puts it in a Icons/Custom/ subdirectory), mod is for stuff in Mods (and puts it in a CustomMods subdirectory), partial is for stuff in PartialSkins

All pipe ( | ) separated. All case sensitive. No nice errors if you make a mistake. No nice way of getting all the other information you need (you need to either screen scrape, or compile it manually). Order doesn't matter as long as each pipe-separated grouping matches up properly. If you put in bad data you might get an error page, or you might get a zip that is missing some data that you expect.
Yes, some mods won't work without manually moving them afterwords.
Yes, there may be conflicts, files overwritten, or other stuff that causes the package to not work.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

The link appears to be protected, unless it was the fact I tried to open it in a new tab.

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

The link appears to be protected, unless it was the fact I tried to open it in a new tab.
Ooops. Forgot to give acess to people other than me. Fixed in a minute or two.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Tonight's tweaks:

- Hotbar Endcaps
- Atlas Coordinates
- Radar Map "cover" texture
- Status Window

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: Copper_Enhanced 1.5 now available...

Shessh your messin with me.

I was sure I had ver 1.3 and the post seemed to indicate I had it wrong.

I like it being in one thread, well now that I know :pint:

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Todays patch (47MB) broke chat and radar on ver 1.5.

O

Old Man of UO

Hmm... I was having the chat issue before today's patch. Something is broke with chat, anyway.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

The problem with chat after todays patch is there is no chat. :)

IanJames

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

it seems to be affecting all of the custom UI's and Kiwis map app doesn't work now either. :-(

I'm sure they changed something important and didn't tell us.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Whats broke on the Radar?

I did notice that I wasn't getting any message about the Wool to Spinning Wheel, but I thought that was something about the EC as I had not done it for since the EC came out and created that macro.

I am confident my Radar worked, it was blank when I loged in, then I cycled it through the Atlas, off and then on and it was there.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

The radar was black. Toggling the map on and back to radar did fix it.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

The radar was black. Toggling the map on and back to radar did fix it.
Yah that is what happened to me and I would say it did break the Radar, but I think it is now perhaps a bit clearer how/when (event wise) it is broken. :pint:

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

For now try deleting the chatwindow.lua and xml files and see what that does and when I get home from work I will see what I can do to get things working again. I guess 1.5.1 will have to be worked out tonight. Any funky post errors I am blaming on posting from my phone

J

JPDefault

I have another problem, this time with the "default" hotbar: I can't resize it. :(
I really like this skin look, anyway. Hope it will allow me to resize that bar sometime.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Looks like the last patch has borked several things in the UI mods.

Looks like it's more than a simple remove a file here or there... gonna have to look into this further.

Update will be made available when I get something up and running

O

Old Man of UO

Did you change the font or texture of the chat? I got another mod to work just fine by removing those.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

The default hotbar is resizable... use the bottom right corner. When the corner "cover" lights up, you're in the right place :)

O

Old Man of UO

shoot... chat is intermittent. Works sometimes and not others... about 50%.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Well through a weekend of playing... didn't notice anythig major happening. Just finished doing a Chaos Shield version and wasn't nearly as impressed with the outcome, so I think the Order Shield was just more destined for the skin... one of those " you won't match this soon" graphical moments.

Probably for the best though... already have too many texture possibilities as it is.

J

JPDefault

I like this skin, very much. But, if I may give an advice, the containers really waste some space.
May I suggest these very smiple modifications in ContainerWindow.xml?
Code:
		<!-- Main container window -->
		<Window name="ContainerWindow" movable="true"  >
			<Size>
				<AbsPoint x="280" y="395" />
			</Size>
(...)
				<Label name="$parentTitle" inherits="UO_Default_Label_Color" font="UO_Title" maxchars="256" textalign="center" handleinput="false" layer="popup" autoresizewidth="false">
					<Size>
						<AbsPoint x="195" y="30"/>
					</Size>
					<Anchors>
						<Anchor point="right" relativePoint="left" relativeTo="$parentViewButton">
							<AbsPoint x="10" y="-6" />
						</Anchor>
					</Anchors>
				</Label>
(...)
				<!-- LIST VIEW -->
				<ScrollWindow name="$parentListView" childscrollwindow="$parentScrollChild" scrollbar="$parentScrollbar" lineheight="60"  draganddrop="true" autoHideScrollBar="true">
					<Size>
						<AbsPoint x="269" y="355" />
					</Size>
					<Anchors>
						<Anchor point="topleft" relativePoint="topleft">
							<AbsPoint x="0" y="32" />
						</Anchor>
					</Anchors>
(...)
						<Window name ="$parentScrollChild" >
							<Size>
								<AbsPoint x="255" y="0" />
							</Size>
						</Window>
(...)
				<!-- Grid view -->
				<ScrollWindow name="$parentGridView" childscrollwindow="$parentScrollChild" scrollbar="$parentScrollbar" lineheight="60"  draganddrop="true" autoHideScrollBar="true">
					<Size>
						<AbsPoint x="269" y="355" />
					</Size>
					<Anchors>
						<Anchor point="topleft" relativePoint="topleft">
							<!-- AbsPoint x="25" y="50" / -->
							<AbsPoint x="5" y = "32" />
						</Anchor>
					</Anchors>
(...)
						<Window name ="$parentScrollChild" >
							<Size>
								<AbsPoint x="250" y="0" />
							</Size>
						</Window>
					</Windows>
The result is shown in the attached screenshot.

Attachments

R

Radix

what about the chat window? i suppose when you said chat is broken you are meaning no longer works striking enter, it's very annoying, so much that even being the skin i like more i don't use it, can't keep going with mouse to chat again and again, too much used to do a keystroke and write like quicksilver...
in bitterblack (older) it works, so i think it's not my fault,
any fix for this, please?

postscript: the overall look of this skin is very nice!