• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Cooking] Green Tea?

Fogsbane

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi All,

I seem to be stuck at 89.2 cooking, and thought I'd try making Green Tea.
I see that Green Tea needs Green Tea as an ingredient.
Can anyone be kind enough to guide me as to where i can get (raw?) Green Tea.

Also -
Do Food Decoration Tools give any skill gain?
I made a hundred or so and didn't see any gain (at 89.2 cooking).

Kariny

UO Lake Superior News Reporter
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not sure about the deco tools but the green tea I can help.

Go to the Inn in Zento. The innkeeper and others inside there sell the raw green tea in baskets.

Fogsbane

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank You Kariny.

I found the raw tea at the Miyabi Inn in Zento - but (on Atlantic) only one of the Innkeepers has stock, so its not a great option for me to try for skill gain (i did get .1 tho - woot!).

And to answer my own question - Yes Food Decoration Tools do give skill gains.
I tried on Test Center and saw gains occurring at 75 skill.
On Atlantic making these has given me .3 so far (one was from GGS tho).

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I took my cooking all the way to gm on bread. Pick the wheat and make flour, which gets gains, then cook the bread, which stacks when made. I gathered as much wheat as I could, which also stacks, then made a macro that made flour then dough then bread.

S

Shantia

Another good but somewhat unreliable method is cooking meats. You can buy them from most any butcher, only problem is they get more and more expensive as you buy. 500 of said meat can either get you .8 gains or none..sorta depends on the RGN.

maybe those enchanted food stuffs then turn around and sell them on a vendor? do those even sell anymore? mmm..

I'm at 97.7 cooking and the meat still works for me..but the green tea seemed to get better gains.

pacific cruiser

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
also try grapes of wrath those took me from 95 to gm quickly plus there nice to have in the backpack when you need a bonus to damage