• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

contests and events prizes

G

Short one: when we run the the contests and events(like the scavenger hunts), what kind of prizes would you guys like to get? Sorry for the bad typing. Making this post from BlackBerry in bed. Goodnight guys!

I

imported_Mavric

I thought the 30 days free play was a good prize.

Mavric

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Yep. I always liked winning that free game time in your contests of the past. If you decide to offer second and third place prizes then I could always use an EA-Land Coffee mug or water bottle. And of course a pinup poster of MaxisRandy! Can you get the developers to pose for some calendar shots?
EA-Land calendar would be cool.

I'm not really into winning virtual objects or virtual money. I prefer to win real stuff!

G

Oh yeah a dev pin-up calendar def gets my vote! Randy must be included.

G

I would like to see new sim stuff given away.. or rare pets! Sim cash would be sweet! Think of how many sims would play hard to get 20k.. 50k... or what about a skill lock! that be very cool!

D

dittie

<blockquote><hr>

Short one: when we run the the contests and events(like the scavenger hunts), what kind of prizes would you guys like to get? Sorry for the bad typing. Making this post from BlackBerry in bed. Goodnight guys!

[/ QUOTE ]

I would like in-game items/rares. I think most newbies would like that. I don't really care for a mug or a poster.

I

imported_Spacey

Gifts in Game:

I'd make my sim jump through hoops if I could win a robo cat. In all my years of pulling, I got only one tiger...and it was mean as hades!

A bonus of simoleans would be much appreciated by everyone I am sure.

Gifts in RL:

That link that Niki posted has some great ideas. I never thought of having TSO...er EALand stuff..come to life. A plush mystic tree to cuddle with all night long lol.

Maybe a collectors item signed by all the dev team.

And those posters are right... a calender would be hilarious. Parizad, get out your phone and start taking more pictures! All the men nak ...er...um... in speedos!

N

NightFlyer

Except prize winning time that counts against the entitlement days.

I'd like to see and added skill lock on each sim.

M

Monkeybear

I know!

One of these!

Yes it is a cream bear suit

Or I always liked the offline sims items maybe one of them as a prize, make it a prize rare. E.g. The scubadive tank could be something that's only given out in competitions, a new rare.

G

roflmao i already know her reply to the cream bear suit... and its ..

ummm....

NO
NO
NO
NO
NO
NO
NO

ROFLMAO you so crack me up !

G

Robo cat !!

and skill locks.

Both of those are things I could really use.

G

I like an in-game rare pet.
But I would also be happy with a rl coffee cup.

I think being the person that got to choose the when and what of the next in-game skill or money bonus period, with a broadcast announcement that the special time was in honor of the sim BlahBlah in-game would be cool, too.

And if there were ever such a thing as a mystic tree bonzai for my desk, I'd be a happy, happy camper.

I

imported_sedusa

I would prefer a rl item. Keychain, t-shirt, mug, etc at least that way those who might be upset for whatever reason that they didnt get what was won wont have it "in their face" in the game.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

I know!

One of these!

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG....A cream bearskin suit!!! And here my first thought was...."Monkey wants an invisible baby?"

I would actually wish to win anything that does NOT have pics of the devs in speedos!!

However, autographed items would be really cool. But I think that Postage and Handling might be a bit much....

It should be an ingame prize so that even our 'out of country' players can benefit.

(Thanks for the reminder Niki. I forgot the 'collectibles' idea...and yeah..I do still wish for that tree for my desk too and the vintage jukebox keychain. )

I

imported_Cherri Bear

<blockquote><hr>

I know!

One of these!

Hahahaahaa!! ::Sprays coffee all over puter screen::

M

mameloot

With the money situation being what it is in EA-Land, my first response to this question was ... simoleans.

However, reading the other ideas, I think the prize that might get the best participation would be a rare - your choice of a robo cat/dog or mystic tree.
That way people can choose something that is very difficult to get in game (without shelling out a ton of money.) Or they can turn around and sell it for (a ton of) sim money, if that's what they really need.

RL prizes would be cool, but only to a limited number of die-hards. I don't think RL trinket prizes would get a wide spread participation in a challenging game. They would also cost the devs RL money to purchase &amp; send.

mai too scents

mame

M

Monkeybear

Lol!

I liked the prize for the pizza tournament where we could send a broadcast to EA Land sadly me and Cherri came 2nd so we couldn't spread the message of cream bear suits

S

SammiiSim

How about a unique prize pet (maybe a special colored robocat/dog) or a Unique tree, maybe with different fruit, just a little something that is special for winning . Something people can tell at a glance why you have it. And make it where you cant trade or sell it so it doesnt become the next rare.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

How about a unique prize pet (maybe a special colored robocat/dog) or a Unique tree, maybe with different fruit, just a little something that is special for winning . Something people can tell at a glance why you have it. And make it where you cant trade or sell it so it doesnt become the next rare.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok. I just have to speak up. There are many players that don't want pets at all. Furthermore, if I win a prize, I do not want to be told by others what I can or can't do with it. Here we go again with the whole rare thing. Everyone wants to have one to show off but if someone else has it then something just isn't fair. If I win a prize, I may very well want to give it to a friend. I just like to participate in contests and often I have done so for the sole purpose of winning something to give away to others.

If anything is given out in the game as an object, I believe it should just be a plaque or trophy to commemorate the event with the Winners Name, Title of Event, and date. Perhaps the trophies from "unleashed" could be used for this purpose.

For those that want more recognition of acheivement then perhaps a new bio page could be added to list these accomplisments amd winnings.

If the goal is simply to get the most players interested in participating then I still feel the 30day game time card is your best bet. This appeals to paying subscribers and also would entice a free accounts to be a paid subcriber for a month to check out the differences.

P

Purdy

A bobble head toy of my sim. A RL one would probably be too expensive but an in game one would be funny. Even a bobble head of a rare pet.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

A bobble head toy of my sim. A RL one would probably be too expensive but an in game one would be funny. Even a bobble head of a rare pet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone mentioned a "Randy" voodoo doll once! lol

P

Purdy

<blockquote><hr>

Gifts in Game:

Gifts in RL:

Maybe a collectors item signed by all the dev team.

And those posters are right... a calender would be hilarious. Parizad, get out your phone and start taking more pictures! All the men nak ...er...um... in speedos!

[/ QUOTE ]

Speedos nah how about the full monty!!

M

mameloot

Ok...let's get some perspective here.

We're talking about a prize for a simple contest such as a scavenger hunt. We're not talking about winning the Nobel Peace Prize.

I don't see the need to create a new item. It would mean extra programming for an item with very little game play, unless it's an item with no interactions.
- yawn -
Everyone can have plain CC now, and anyone could copy a plaque or marker to make it look like they've got a special prize.

I'd rather see contests more often, with more people playing, than scare off devs from doing it because they mean more work implimenting "special" prizes.

If it's a difficult contest, the prize is your choice of a few different rare objects. The choice makes it more appealing to someone who may have a robo cat, but not a campfire or tree.

I love the idea of a systemwide broadcast message, though some people are shy. I think this would create excitement over participating in the contest.

I

imported_MARCIN2006

I would want one of these

1. Simoleans (not a huge amount like $2,500 - $10,000 or something) with a certificate
!

2. A unique award object like a aniv. gift but different awarded to only those who solved it.

3. The 30 days free thing.

4. A rare or semi-rare object, pet or lot.

5. An icon on our sims BIO that shows all the contests/hunts we won/solved. (kind of like the founders icon but different).

Cant think of any other ones

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I know!

One of these!

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG....A cream bearskin suit!!! And here my first thought was...."Monkey wants an invisible baby?"

I would actually wish to win anything that does NOT have pics of the devs in speedos!!

However, autographed items would be really cool. But I think that Postage and Handling might be a bit much....

It should be an ingame prize so that even our 'out of country' players can benefit.

(Thanks for the reminder Niki. I forgot the 'collectibles' idea...and yeah..I do still wish for that tree for my desk too and the vintage jukebox keychain. )

[/ QUOTE ]

At first, I thought he wanted my first born. I was like, "Sweet! Now I can get knocked-up!"

Monkeybear, NO!

I

imported_MARCIN2006

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I know!

One of these!

Hahahaahaa!! ::Sprays coffee all over puter screen::

[/ QUOTE ]

Hopefully, if we ever get custom clothes. Someone will finally be able to make monkeybear is cream bear suit!

G

I'd actually like something unique (in-game) for winning contests. Sure, rares are nice, but I'd rather have something that shows I put a lot of effort in and won a contest. Something like a trophy would be nice. Maybe a trophy that you can click "View" on and it says "1st Place Winner of Such-and-Such Contest".

Edit: o. Gracie already said this but I missed her post. I agree with Gracie!

G

<blockquote><hr>

At first, I thought he wanted my first born. I was like, "Sweet! Now I can get knocked-up!"

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the morning laugh but now you need to hand me a towel to clean off the monitor!

G

I think offering the winner of a contest the chance to pick out what they'd like from a list would be nice. One month I might want something in game, the next time if I win again maybe I'd like a mug. I think options are best. Winner gets to pick first and if there are runner ups they get next choice, and so on.

I don't really care either way, but it's nice to get to choose.

I

imported_Qute Pi

Game currency is a good prize.
Would call is simoleans, but those won't exist soon lol...

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Sorry Princess. Guy has the pink poodle. He claimed I was abusive for keeping it locked up all the time.

I wouldn't mind simoleans, a rare pet (that I don't have, lol) or item. What about waiting to see who the winner is and asking them if they would like simoleans, a special CC item made by one of the Devs or a rare pet/item?

S

Sativa L

I would love RL prizes but in all fairness they would have to be available to ALL players, not just US players.

I would like a new puppeteer gesture... "show off trophy" (I'm sure I have room enough for a few trophies in amongst the cookies, mops and flowering pots )

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I know!

One of these!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Monkeybear, NO!

[/ QUOTE ]

*coughs and sputters as my sinuses get carbonated AGAIN*

LMAOOOOOOOOO.....I *so* read this post to mean something TOTALLY different than what you meant. ROFLMAO

G

<blockquote><hr>

Short one: when we run the the contests and events(like the scavenger hunts), what kind of prizes would you guys like to get?

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not need rl things with the EA logo on them.
A free months subscription sounds nice.
I think statues that do nothing, like a trophy is boring (yes even the simmy). Then I got to thinking, if the trophies would give the owner full social, that would be great!
At first reading peoples suggestions of a custom item. I thought the devs do not have time for that. Then I realized only one item would have to be made for all the contests and copies given to all winners. You could even have a contest for the design of the trophy. Give the designer the first one.
I think this would be awesome. Would something like that be very dificult to make?

A lot of owners and roomies have trouble with social. They run around serenading the guests. The guests forget to social the hosts . People who own stores and builders also have a lot of trouble with social.

I can't wait for the free green stores.

G

I just want to know is that the outfit you wore for halloween this past october?

And if so are there any pics for us to ummmmmm admire, yea that's it admire *smirks*

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Surprised that Jimoh didn't ask for toilet paper

G

I got a shipment in last week
however my poor sim in limbo is without any, it ran out a week ago, soooooooooo they are going to be really ripe when they arive.