• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

considering a return

tons

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
anyone wanna shed some light on the pvp in UO these days?? anyone still around from SE or earlier?

-tog

Multani

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The pvp in UO includes alot of Greater Dragons / Dread Warhorse's. Archers are still a hot template to play, the amount of mages you will see in a fight is on a steady decline.

A shard like Origin has a really small pvp population so you won't encounter as much of the tamer pvpers as on a large shard. That being said you also won't always find a fight here.

You won't find really anyone that pvps on Origin from the BTH / Dynasty days. Its all new players to this shard.

tons

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so in other words maybe i should wait for darkfall?? i didnt actually plan on coming back to this shard but this is where i played the majority

A

Anon McDougle

now would the few PVPers here be willing to take the time to train noobs??? its not a lot of fun for folks with no pvp experiance to try to learn the few pvpers on origin are mainly skilled folks and the learning curve is too steep

Multani

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For the most part my guild tries its best to encourage new players to learn to pvp. We rarely raid spawns that are done by NHC / A.V or this new guild MSTR, I take alot of grief from people because they don't see the reasoning behind it. But I honestly get no pleasure killing people that cannot defend themselves.

All we ask is for some of the skulls.

A

Anon McDougle

the type of help i would need is very basic

macros 101

what spells to what keys

how does this whole last target thing work

etc etc

sounds simple to the exp PVPer but to a noob that might use 4 macros while PVM its very overwhelming

Hi_im_from_atl

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First, Assist is very helpful in pvp

Macros go where u are comfortable and depends on temp.

Last Target macro is very nice on mouse wheel up and target self is nice on mouse wheel down.

As for targeting, make a macro in UO Select nerest (moble) than another macro Attack Selected Target.

I use thoses macros might not be the best macros.

If you would like more help my main is Hi im from ATL (red) and my alt is One Eight Seven (blue) if im not busy i would be happy to answer any questions about pvp, for the record my main is a dexxer and I am far from pro on a mage but i think i could help you.

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
listen to Hi you will spend most of your days looking at a black and white screen as he does. Seek information elsewhere :scholar:

E

Eyes of Origin

Please ignore the 'i wish i were the god of origin' who posted before this, hes just mad that he didnt ask for advice first cause now he will never learn to pvp. All he knows is the disarm macro and run. Probably has the option checked for always have char run(wait lol thats atl and reverse! :p) But oh oh this one is for Santa, lets all hide in the house! hide n go seek is so much fun! His favorite game ;)

There are some pretty good pvpers on shard who I am sure can help you.
Atl would be a good one to talk to, just depends on the char you play.

Pan Arcane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am far from pro on a mage
ANSWERS.

Finally the ANSWERS we've been looking for.

There are some pretty good pvpers on shard who I am sure can help you.
Atl would be a good one to talk to, just depends on the char you play.
In all my 11 years of on-and-off Ultima Online experience I have never seen somebody as inept at this game as Hi From Atl. The guy doesn't know how to play, he treats it like a console racing game.

Hi_im_from_atl

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your new to origin alister so i will fill you in.

Everyone goes through the mandatiory "I Hate Atl!!!!111!1!1one11!1" stage, in a few weeks you will have come to respect me and admit that i am a beast on the field.

If you dont belive me ask BTH, FL, AV, ^_^, and yes FFBz, i mean your own guild members let me kill you.

For an 11 year vet you should be a lot better, im only a 4 year vet =/

I did enjoy that race game quip, lol