• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Considerations for RoT changes

• Thread starter imported_King Edward
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_King Edward

RoT should not be changed. It keeps the true shard jumpers off Siege. Im totally for more people on Siege, but not character handouts. By having our current system we get to know the people BEFORE they're running around with max'd out powers (points to DIE guild for example, which no one liked and they left never making it to max skills). It also keeps the exploiters that get there accounts banned on a weekly bases from doing the same thing over and over again even FASTER.

I perfer people that WANT to be here. Not those that want to jump from shard to shard just looking for action or griefing. We as a shard may in most cases love and/or hate each other, but at least we KNOW each other and what to expect from each other.

For those that cannot think of a better reason... think about there being 15 more Unknown Puffy's.. Or 1000 more Insta tamers along the lines of King Edward. Or more insta guilds like TnA with 50 stealthers that youve never heard of before. At least with it taking months to make a current character, you dont go to work on Monday then come back Friday to the board screaming about a new/unknown guild or overpowered characters owning the shard.

If you want insta chars then by all means GO to barneyland. But PLZ keep this a VET shard for players that want to STAY.

G

All valid points but what about those of us trying to make Siege our home? Gaining 2.1 points a day just isn't enough. It wouldn't hurt if they bumped it up to 5 points a day rot.

G

erm
very few people want to be rid of RoT completely.

If we could restore it to pre-power scroll levels I think most would be happy.

ie if it took the same length of time to get a complete character as it used to when 7 x GM was the best you could do.

It's the addition of a further 20 points earned at 15 minute intervals. 2.1points per day that most find hardest I think.

Scuzzlebutt

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Or 1000 more Insta tamers along the lines of King Edward.

[/ QUOTE ]

*shivers*

Have you ever created a tamer on a production shard? It takes far longer than an instant to build a tamer there.

G

Not these days. We have the 'cheque book' tamers.

Step 1. Buy advanced char
Step 2. buy + 10 scroll
Step 3. buy 2 x +15 jewels
Step 4. buy pet(s)

There we have one elder tamer, never tamed so much as a mongbat, no idea how to work with a pet, no knowledge of any systems, pet commands, basic information about pets. Total pain in the rear to anyone coming across them in game.

You might guess cheque book tamers are one of my pet peeves.

My own tamer on Europa is 3 x 120 on her taming skills and has trained every single .1 through game play No 'tricks' no jewellery.

G

*nods* An adjustment to RoT is all I hope for. The addition of power scrolls should be considered.

R

raflmoe

I'm actually quite happy with RoT. It's among some of the reasons for why I play at OSI shards (when I play at all).