• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Swordsmanship] Connor is Awesome

J

Jander

Thank you Connor for crafting me an extremely fine weapon. It rivals my beloved Soul Seeker. When I grow up I want to be able to craft such a piece of art :ten:. Before the Mods punt me for an ad post, I'll ask a question.

When crafting weapons for Sampires with all the leech stats, SSI and DI, can you also make them super slayers? Since imbued weapons are not designed for everyday use, an arsenal of target specific weapons seems to be the way to go.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you Connor for crafting me an extremely fine weapon. It rivals my beloved Soul Seeker. When I grow up I want to be able to craft such a piece of art :ten:. Before the Mods punt me for an ad post, I'll ask a question.

When crafting weapons for Sampires with all the leech stats, SSI and DI, can you also make them super slayers? Since imbued weapons are not designed for everyday use, an arsenal of target specific weapons seems to be the way to go.
I agree, not only with slayer types but also elemental damage percentages!

C

Connor_Graham

Hehe, thanks for leaving out the trouble we had getting things started on making that twink, but I'm glad you're enjoying it. I knew you'd see a difference with it. It is possible to add a super slayer onto one, but the success chance when trying to get the 5th mod to go is very small, usually around 1-3%.

J

Jander

You seemed to be having a crappy morning, so it's all good. I'm so new to crafting that I was just trying to understand the process. Thank you for explaining what you were doing. I know you lose the ingredient but do you destroy the weapon if you fail? This is turning into more of a crafting forum thread. Sorry Chaosy!! hehe

J

Jander

Just so everyone can follow along with what we're talking about, here are the stats:

hit mana leech 40%
hit stamina leech 40%
defence chance increase 6%
swing speed increase 30%
damage increase 40%

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Just so everyone can follow along with what we're talking about, here are the stats:

hit mana leech 40%
hit stamina leech 40%
defence chance increase 6%
swing speed increase 30%
damage increase 40%
Awesome I just made one almost identical for my fighter! nice sword !
Gotta love imbuing!!!

J

Jander

Lynk is AWESOME!!!!! :cheerleader: hehe

I'm pushing 58% DCI so the 6% DCI I can do without on future builds since the cap is 45%.

When you craft a slayer does it take 2 properties ie soul seeker (respond slayer and 100% cold damage) or do you get the 100% cold damage because it's a respond slayer? It's all so confusing lol

S

Stupid Miner

So how important is elemental damage to a slayer weapon?
Depends on which it is, and what it's going to be used for fighting. Succubi, for example, have very high physical resist. Note: % Elemental Damage cant be imbued.

J

Jander

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you Miner.

Doesn't the Hit "element" Area mod kind of work the same way though? Like Connor said, this mod has little chance of actually getting on the weapon since it would be the last and 5th mod (1-3%). But hey, we're only talking about Raptor Teeth and Gems here. I'd be willing to burn through some trying to add it. Thats if it was considered to be worth it.

J

Jander

Sorry. It's early and I can't count this morning it seems. For clarity:

1 ML
2 SL
3 SSI
4 DI
5 Super Slayer
6 HEA

Ok now my head hurts. Not having crafted a top end weapon yet. What do we get when the weapon is created and what are we imbuing? If I'm being dumb again, you know what to do :gun:

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
IMO, the only time you even need a slayer is on the monsters you could kill in 3 hits.

If you are doing a boss that you have to grind it out with, I dont think a slayer is worth it.

But if I'm farming demons for silver or something I want a Rune Blade, 100% poison dmg, demon slayer, SSI, DI, HML.

That has the potential to 2 shot demons if you get crits.

S

Stupid Miner

1 ML
2 SL
3 SSI
4 DI
5 Super Slayer
6 HEA
Hit area is good for swarms of monsters, mostly just champ spawns really.
But worthless for fighting something 1v1. It hits every creature in the area with the spell effect except the monster you actually hit.

R

Radix

So how important is elemental damage to a slayer weapon?
The damage types of the weapon are the less important mod you want, first of all, you always hit its lower resist as long as you cast consecrate weapon, and almost every warrior uses, and with enemies like the dark father of doom, with all resis equal, there is no point in attack a specific resist. Of course if you get a repond slayer axe with 100% fire/cold damage and you try to kill Medusa, you dont need to cast Consecrate W.
Maybe its worth in a very specific spawn/zone to save some mana, but this is the most prescindible mod in weapons. 90% times It's a pity if you craft a slayer weapong and it comes with too much elemental damage, it means that you are not going to imbue so many mods in this weapon, and slayer only weights more than 1 mod.

Regards.

M

mjolnir131

Yea but Hit area plus momentum strike really cleans out a mob of MOBs

R

Radix

yeah, in low level spawn is fantastic, a pity that can't craft weapons like the halberd blaze of death customized for each spawn, mmm, another valuable use of this property is to kill that cursed mobs that spawn on hills and areas not accesible for warriors (that cowards...)

Btw, how many weapons are you wearing in your hunts?? My bloodsucker always carry at least 4 weapons :
1-twink HML HSL HLA HCI 2-Big Axe all three-leech 52 DI 3-AoE weapon 4-Slayer/super Slayer 5-Pvp? (maybe) 6-Another slayer? 7-New try weapon ...

i go hunt with an arsenal :mf_prop: