• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Connection lag

S

Shot

I"m using a USB wireless adapter, and since I started using it, I get these 3 to 5 second freezes while playing UO. It happens just often enough to be annoying, and in some cases enough to get me killed.

I don't notice any change in my web browser, although Team Speak seems to be affected by it as well.

Just wondering if anyone else has ever experienced this and if so, maybe found a solution to fix it?

D

Dr.Thompson

i get that too when im using my wireless, i try just not to use it, it could just be the router or if your useing vista, i have not messed with vista's wireless setup yet cause im lazy

S

Shot

i get that too when im using my wireless, i try just not to use it, it could just be the router or if your useing vista, i have not messed with vista's wireless setup yet cause im lazy
Glad to see I"m not alone but I'm not using Vista, I use XP. I've used Wireless to connect for most of the 7 years I've been playing and it has never been an issue until I plugged a USB one into my laptop.

What happened is I was using the internal wireless until the kill switch got busted in the off position. Until I can afford to get it fixed, I'm using this USB one.

I COULD go hook directly into the router... but then I'd have to fight my son for it as the computer he uses is in the way. :p

L

laurlo

my old computer did not like my wireless usb driver at all.. turned out something in them was incompatable and it reacted the same way.

O

Old Man of UO

I used to connect my ethernet connection through my wireless modem even though I wasn't using the wireless connection. I removed that and now connect directly to my DSL modem. Also, set the priority in Vista to high. I still get lag, but not the 2-3 second freeze-ups. And the freeze-ups are relatively new... it think of of the patches earlier this year introduced whatever code causing is it.

Littleblue

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If your USB ports are not USB 2.0, the wireless adapter will not work as well. Maybe this info will be of some help.

JoO

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
your adapter is running in half duplex meaning it can't send and receive at the same time. Check and see in your device properties in the advanced connection properties and see if your device is capable of functioning in Full Duplex. If it isn't you will prolly have to buy another adapter. I had this exact same problem a while back.