• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

connection issues.

D

Dmaninuo

After the patch, I cannot connect. Restarted UO, restarted w/o Assist, rebooted & tried again. Type in the account name, password & All it does is "try" to connect, then I get the Program not responding. Tried multiple times, same result. I go to my sons computer, everything works fine.

Look in my patch folder, nothing in it, so no corrupt patch. I really do not want to reinstall this, takes forever on the patches. Any Ideas/tips

Its acting like I am not connected to the internet (but if I wasnt - no way this would get posted)

D

Dirty Mindz

Seriously, uo needs to dos omething about this, im sick of paying 12.99 a month, and having to not be able to connect, give us something for it.. seriously.

D

Dmaninuo

I wish it was, I checked it last night after I tried to connect, and posted my concern there too. It seems similar, but unrelated. I do not get a client.exe error. All I get is a trying to connect message, then after a minute - its frozen, and a "this program is not responding" message. If I wait, no changes. Its a ctrl-alt-delete to close it.

Running xp, lots of ram, video cards is decent, all drivers updated, ect. (sons machine is not even close to mine in specs, but everything works fine on his) all things considered.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
firewall letting it through?

can you trace a route to the patch server? (dos prompt, tracert patch.owo.com)

D

Dmaninuo

looks like I have CRAP for connectivity, (the ping - ya, it sucks - but im used to it)
Firewall shouldnt be stopping anything.

C:\Documents and Settings\Andrew>tracert patch.owo.com

Tracing route to patch.owo.com [159.153.199.100]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 * * * Request timed out.
2 * * * Request timed out.
3 * ^C

C:\Documents and Settings\Andrew>tracert uo.com

Tracing route to uo.com [159.153.199.107]

1 * * ^C

C:\Documents and Settings\Andrew>tracert stratics.com

Tracing route to stratics.com [206.251.75.188]

1 * * * Request timed out.
2 ^C
C:\Documents and Settings\Andrew>
C:\Documents and Settings\Andrew>tracert aol.com

Tracing route to aol.com [64.12.50.151]

1 * ^C
C:\Documents and Settings\Andrew>ping gci.net

Pinging gci.net [209.165.131.24] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 209.165.131.24: bytes=32 time=65ms TTL=248
Reply from 209.165.131.24: bytes=32 time=63ms TTL=248
Reply from 209.165.131.24: bytes=32 time=64ms TTL=248
Reply from 209.165.131.24: bytes=32 time=62ms TTL=248

Ping statistics for 209.165.131.24:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 62ms, Maximum = 65ms, Average = 63ms

C:\Documents and Settings\Andrew>ping patch.owo.com

Pinging patch.owo.com [159.153.199.100] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 159.153.199.100: bytes=32 time=91ms TTL=50
Reply from 159.153.199.100: bytes=32 time=88ms TTL=50
Reply from 159.153.199.100: bytes=32 time=100ms TTL=50
Reply from 159.153.199.100: bytes=32 time=89ms TTL=50

Ping statistics for 159.153.199.100:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 88ms, Maximum = 100ms, Average = 92ms

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It looks like, just for once, uo isn't the main cause of your problem. :D

D

Dmaninuo

GAH, just wondering why everything else works "normal" except UO. Normal for me = laggy (I'm in the middle of NOWHERE Alsaka)

Works fine on laptop, sons computer, & the other ones I have lying around. all my sites pop up like they usually do, stratics, docs machine, the noob, ect.

Well, time to get back to work, was hoping to figure this out on my lunch break.
Thanks

D

Dirty Mindz

nah i dont have a firewall and its not that error, its a login server error, i finally got in, but damn they relaly need to fix stuff before adding new crap into the game.

D

Dmaninuo

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH

2d will not connect to anything (You chose to end the nonresponsive program, Ultima Online Client)

KR connects like a charm (too bad I rarley use KR)

Its only like this on one computer, every other computer that has UO on it works fine 2d wise.