• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Confirm: Transfer dupe fixed, or not?

L

love2winalot

Hail: There is a new vender on my old shard in luna. He is selling transfer tokens, and i need to bring one more charater over to my main shard. I am concerned, since he just transfered over yesterday, that the token might be a dupe. Does anyone know if the dupe was fixed, or did they reopen transfers simply because they had been down for to long and were getting to many complaints? Thanks.

C

concernedplayer

Hail: There is a new vender on my old shard in luna. He is selling transfer tokens, and i need to bring one more charater over to my main shard. I am concerned, since he just transfered over yesterday, that the token might be a dupe. Does anyone know if the dupe was fixed, or did they reopen transfers simply because they had been down for to long and were getting to many complaints? Thanks.
Xshard tokens you buy in game off vendors are not duped, they are bought with stolen credit cards. So you're safe.

L

love2winalot

hehe, if someone has a stolen credit card, and are using it in UO, then i nominate them fro the worlds dumbest criminal.....:danceb:

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Xshard tokens you buy in game off vendors are not duped, they are bought with stolen credit cards. So you're safe.
Sadly hes not being sarcastic. The cards are stolen overseas and numbers used there, then bought through paypal and sold in game, then pocked in the brokers bank!

C

concernedplayer

hehe, if someone has a stolen credit card, and are using it in UO, then i nominate them fro the worlds dumbest criminal.....:danceb:
They take stolen credit cards and purchase massive amounts of codes from EA. Before EA figures out that they're stolen, the codes are laundered into tokens that cannot easily be traced by EA. The gold obtained from selling the tokens is sold for real cash, thus allowing credit card thieves to extract huge amounts of cash from stolen credit cards without getting caught.

This is why the uogamecodes.com store has increasingly provided more hoops to jump through in order to make a purchase, also tying an account to the purchase, which is like a speed bump but still tens of thousands of dollars worth of tokens are stolen.

When bulk gold is 50 cents to 70 cents a million, an xshard token sold at 13 million is only worth $6 to $7. They cost $20 from EA. Q: Why are people working so hard to stock vendors just so they can suffer a $13 loss per token sold? A: Because they're stolen.