• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Confidence on a bushido archer

G

Ok first yes I am a donut.
Now that we got that over with here is the description of confidence posted on stratics:

"Places you in a defensive stance of confidence, allowing you to gain stamina and health each time you parry. Each successful parry"

In the archer posts I hear so many ppl saying how great confidence is now at the same time I hear that an archer cant parry. So if an archer cant parry then how is confidence great for and archer, meaning how does it work for an archer?

G

I hope i dont sound like a wise guy I rally want to know if confidence does really work with archer.

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the answer is yes, on my archer, i can almost heal my self to 100% by confidence before the bandage i applied at the same time kicks in.

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
one more thing, on my archer and my warrior the uo assist macro i use looks like this.

use item type (apply bandage)
target (self)
Wait untill mana is greater then 35 (my char has 40 int)
cast spell confidence

this is set this way incase i need to heal more then once (poisoned) or my mana is low i wont run out. id rather save it for ls so i can leech mana back faster.

to heal with just bandages i just hit the heal self button twice to stop the macro.

also have a simmilar one set up for clense by fire to cure.

I

imported_Farsight

The description for confidence isn't entirely accurate.

Yes, you get benifits if you parry blows, but that isn't where the good part lies.

What confidence does is gives you insane mana regeneration for a short period of time. It lasts either a short duration based on your bushido skill level or until you get damaged. As an archer, that should typically be when you're at 100% health if you have decent bushido.

And having a confidence/heal macro is a great thing. I just figured that out myself a couple weeks ago and haven't died since. I hadn't thought about the wait for mana bit. I should do that too, as I like having a little extra mana to recast things like divine fury or EoO.

B

BadManiac

<blockquote><hr>

What confidence does is gives you insane mana AND health regeneration for a short period of time.

[/ QUOTE ]Fixed.

G

This sounds great i am impressed with my arhcer already having bush/chiv and great gear. Really his biggest issue is when magic is cast on him, sounds like this will help that 100 fold. I will try this out today after I finish gm fletcher.

I

imported_Farsight

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

What confidence does is gives you insane xxxxxxhealth regeneration for a short period of time.

[/ QUOTE ]Fixed.

[/ QUOTE ]
Really fixed.

Don't know where my brain was. It just gives health regeneration.

G

I was suprised to read that Confidence is supposed to be tied in with parry. I had no idea! Obviously, this isn't entirely the case. I also run a Confidence/Heal macro where I can go from almost dead to full health in about 4 secs. This is with running 120 Bushi on my archer. It's amazing how fast the HP's regen at 120 Bushi. Definately worth it, plus the chance for Crits.