• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Concerning Luck and where to hunt in the Tokuno Islands

Rikimaru_Vegeta

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I played uo from 1999 to early 2005. I have returned a month and half ago. I mainly PvP, but every pvp has that trammy in him and its time I get out my luck suite and try out these islands I havent been to.

Question 1) What luck items as a warrior do I need? (I have bushido for perfection, does this help alot for increasing luck?) I am mainly hunting for a decent Bukuto and jewerly, so whats a good place for a warrior to farm for a bukuto or just good items in general? A good description of where to go and how to get there would be awesome!

Question 2) Same as question 1 but for a necro mage and tamer ( I have a greater dragon) with peace and provoke.. I have seen the swords of prosperity, these look awesome :) IF one doesnt have the armor of fortune, what is some other ways for a mage to get some luck up?

Question 3) What is a good number for luck? I have always heard 999 is the lucky number but has this myth been proven false?

Question 4) I notice there are quest now, when i left UO I dont remember this... is there a way for me to do some quest to get some nice items? What are some quest I should be doing if I havent done them yet... I appreciate any help you guys give me... Thanks a ton! :D

C

cheerful

I'll mainly dodge the luck questions due to the fact that some people swear by thier luck suits and others like me just swear luck is Dev's playing mind games with us. Think the accepted number now is 1200 luck however.
If you dont already know theres an anniversary statue that gives extra luck for a period of time depending on how old your account is, not sure what the deal is for re-activated accounts tho.

As for quests, the best by far are the strongbox reward quests, it's all random of course but over a period of time you should see some nice items with nice intensities, the trick was finding 5 mods with uber intensities that complimented each other but with the approach of the expansion and the imbuing skill even the worst mis-matched mods are worth keeping.

UO guide has all the info you need on the quests so suggest you start there.
good luck.

I

ianubisi

Luck suits definitely work. I use a provo bard that has a 1293 luck suit. If I kill a Hiryu with him the drops are significantly better than the drops I see my archer (with a modest 600 luck) get, and dramatically better than my Samurai (150 luck, purely by accident, really) gets. There are more items, more gold, more mods on items and higher intensities. I've also compared with the same three characters with Succubi and Blood Elementals...same story. Luck works. It's a great way to try out for some jewelry with the right mix of mods.

Rikimaru_Vegeta

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I understand how you can obtain luck gear for mages.. but what about warriors? What items out there help warriors out... I know the stormgrip gives 125... what else is there?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The Museum Collection has a high-luck shield I believe. There's also the Luckblade, if you can use it. For archers, plenty of crafted options, as well as the Horselord, IIRC. Luck jewelry with warrior bonuses tend to sell a lot cheaper than ones that would be useful to mages, bards or tamers.

From there, it's a matter of getting a pile of spined kits and spined leather, and making a luck suit. As long as you're going for physical resist, you are almost certain to make a high-luck suit that will be WAY over the 70 cap for physical - so much so that you can probably cast Magic Reflection off a scroll (using jewelry, or even with no jewelry if human) and still be around 70 physical, when getting the +10 in each elemental resist from the spell (which is permanent until recast), even with 0 Eval.

For more balanced suits, that takes horned & barbed kits, and a bit more time.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well stormgrips like you said. You can use the eclipse robe, a ring of the element or another ring with luck on it. The museum shield...although you will want additional SC to offset the -1 spell penalty. That right there gives you around 700 or so.

I would then recommend armor of fortune as your center piece. Adjust your INT so you will have enough to compensate. Use LMC, + luck pieces on your arms and possibly on your legs depending on your setup and how efficient you want to be in terms of HCI and DCI.