• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

computer transfers

ladybjack

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
not sure where to post this for help...I purchased new computer and now, I can not figure out how to get the program over to the new computer for my two accounts - can someone direct me to where I can get help..thank you

Necronom

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey there...

Whichever client you were using, you can download it here:
http://www.uo.com/Client-Download

As for your user data... If you still have access to your old computer's hard drive and depending on your operating system:

Copy everything in these directories to your new computer ... Also depending on which operating system you are now using...

Windows XP:
C:\Documents and Settings\(Your name)\My Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\User Data\(Both account names)\

Windows 7:
C:\Users\(Your name)\My Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\User Data\(Both account names)\

What you should do is install the client, start it up and login with both accounts.. Then copy the files into the corresponding directories/folders on your new computer... If you are using Windows 8 now, I am not sure where the files are stored.. More than likely it's in the same directories as Windows 7, but ... You will have to check.. Or do a search on Stygian Abyss in Windows Explorer...

Hope that helps...

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
At least for the classic client you can simply copy the complete Ultima Online game folder (in my installation it contains also the account and character profiles within subfolder Desktop), export the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Origin Worlds Online from the old machine via regedit and import it to the new one via double click if the game path remains unchanged and create new shortcuts to the executables.
For UO Assist download it and run it and after that import the registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Tugsoft\UOAssist from your old machine to save you the needs to recover your keys.
*Salute*
Olahorand

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First, install the client in the link in first post. Then copy the game folder from old computer to new computer with a memory stick or something. (That will save you hrs of patching).

Then copy all files under documents, as posted to your new computer - then you should be set to go in a few minutes with all your old macros and settings.

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
used to have each shard and chars broken down in a folder... what happened

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
used to have each shard and chars broken down in a folder... what happened
It's still the case. They're just saved under My Documents now, instead of the UO installation folder. There are separate directories for the CC and EC clients.

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank god... lol. I had my files backed up before I took a break. Came back and have remembered most of my macros cuz its like riding a bike lol. But this will be nice to just paste my old ones in again. See what I missed :)

ladybjack

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First, install the client in the link in first post. Then copy the game folder from old computer to new computer with a memory stick or something. (That will save you hrs of patching).

Then copy all files under documents, as posted to your new computer - then you should be set to go in a few minutes with all your old macros and settings.
I want to thank you and all that responded.....you got me up and running just great! Its great to be able to come here to stratics and find intelligent people who are willing to help...I contacted ea several times and as yet have received no reply :) Thank you all