• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Compassion, Barkeeps, and the UO Filter...

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay, maybe it's a bit like beating on a dead horse, but you'd think a few changes to the filter function would make life easier on people. I can't have a barkeep use a message with the word "compassion" in it because it sees three consecutive letters. I'm almost tempted to refer to the virtue as "compbuttion" or "comprectalregion" to get around it just to make a statement, but...

I thought barkeeps could have ANY message (so sayeth the design doc when they were implemented) and that owners were responsible for what they said.

Just seems silly to be restricted from using such words as compassion, ambassador, or even bass simply because of three letters.

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What's even more weird is that I'm trying to put in the following message:

"The High Council meets alternating Mondays at 8pm. All are [welcome] to attend."

I can put in each individual piece of the message, and even small connected pieces, but when I put the whole sentence in, it doesn't work...

And this time, I have no idea why.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I always thought there should be some sort of filter in place in your paperdoll to keep you from seeing words that you might find offense... but if your a guttermouthed Knight like myself who likes the word "Compassion" and uses it... you don't need to bother with a filter...

And don't even get me started on what a Farce I think it is when folk get banned for language that if people really did find offensive and truly didn't want to hear they wouldn't have to because it would be filtered if they just took the time to filter it...

I understand your frustration.... but you could go from living in Compassion Grove to living in the heart shaped clearing just south of the Lich wood.... North of the Hag's hut... Either way it's a mouth full.

F

Flora Green

Personally I (and many of my fellow gardeners) enjoy naming my vendors P. Pear and Pampas. Very offensive plants. Oddly enough though, when you mouse over the seeds and grown plants they say Prickly Pear and Pampas Grass.

Oh and let's not forget trying to label chests where you've collected seeds from TITans.:coco::wall:

AxiamInc

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why don't they change the name of the 'ass_ass_in' armor suit while they are at it?!?

Should definitely be a better filter in place for the younger crowd or parents that want to shield their little ones from certain words and phrases.

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What's even more weird is that I'm trying to put in the following message:

"The High Council meets alternating Mondays at 8pm. All are [welcome] to attend."

I can put in each individual piece of the message, and even small connected pieces, but when I put the whole sentence in, it doesn't work...

And this time, I have no idea why.
I'm just guessing but i'll bet it's the same reason I can't have a creature named Lag Monster the G and the M, or so I was told. And the A$$ problem hits in glassblowing too a real PIA.

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm just guessing but i'll bet it's the same reason I can't have a creature named Lag Monster the G and the M, or so I was told. And the A$$ problem hits in glassblowing too a real PIA.
Wow... I didn't even see the G and M so close there... that would never have occurred to me.

Good grief that filter sucks.