• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player News) Community Teleport Hub

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Community Teleport Hub Update
Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I wanted to keep you all updated on the Community Teleport Hub. The hub will be put back together once the two remaining vendors to hit the expiration date. The teleport markers I have a few ideas and would like the input from those who are connected.

1. Your own creative displays

2. Statues that are engraved

3. Vendors behind each teleporter dressed to your town, guild etc uniform and named to reflect the destination location.

4. Character statues behind each teleporter with the character being the name of the destination location

Community Teleport Hub Welcomes

• The hub would like to welcome the City of Action to the teleport hub. The teleport tile leads to the Action Guild house which has three other teleporters connected to it. These teleporters take you to the following locations: Sir Forge, Action City Hall and Action Craft House.

• The hub would like to welcome Sir DVI. DVI has three homes located in the hidden valley, malas. The buildings are designed by Vladimir (Winner of the Atlantic WBB design) DVI plans to have some items on display for people to examine and the houses designs are not something you want to miss.

• The hub would like to welcome The UHOH guild and their township "The Citadel Of The Fallen", located in Felucca south of Trinsic. The teleporter destination will be in their new Dupre's tavern which is currently under construction.

Community Teleport Hub History

One thing I wanted to explain about the community teleport hub is why its still in existence. As most of you know it was created to be a temporary hub while the official township hub was being worked on. Once that hub was completed I began to disassemble the temporary hub. While I was in the process of doing this some of the establishments and towns requested to stay connected so I figured why not if people really want it and find it useful. So the Community Teleport Hub will remain until the end of UO.

Now that the history is out of the way I wanted to go over some of the regulations for the hub and how to connect if an establishment, Vendor mall, outpost or township wanted to connect. Please note (This is NOT a replacement hub for the township one. Nor will it ever attempt to be or compete against it.)

Rules & Agreements of the Hub

• Any (towns, establishments etc) is allowed to connect. *No one will be turned away or Disconnected.
  • Any (towns, establishments etc) wishing to connect must supply their own teleport tile set. (Unless other arrangements are made with Gareth.)
  • Gareth is responsible for ALL teleport tiles located within the hub building. (Gareth agrees to replace any teleport tile should something happen.)
  • Anyone connected to the hub is responsible for the safety of those using it. They will not use it to purposely kill, steal or cause grief to those using the hub or connected to it.
  • The community teleport hub is not responsible for any connections that do not directly link to the community teleport hub. (Use other connection at your own risk.)
  • Any (towns, establishments etc) connected may request their teleport tile back at anytime. (Please allow at least 24 hours for it to be returned.)
*The community teleport hub may turn away connections if there is not enough room but will do its best to expand the hub for more connections.

The community teleport hub may turn away a connection if its for personal use only.

The community teleport hub may turn away a connection if there are already multiple connections to the area it would be located at.

*The hub also reserves the right to disconnect any (towns, establishments etc) that break the rules or grief another connection.

**The community teleport Hub will not deal in politics or policies of any connection. Everyone is welcome.

Community Teleport Hub Setup

Teleport tiles should only be handed to Gareth. It is the responsibility of the person handing the tile over to verify the Gareth character is real and not a fake. They should do this by sending a icq to 267944224. Then a time will be setup to transfer the teleport tile at the hub building. On top of that they will request for the Gareth character to ban them from the teleport hub building to show he is the correct Gareth.

D

DVI

I would prefer option [1], or barring that option [2], as the tile at my houses will be worked into the deco.

R

RBG DELTA BUTCH

I just wanna say thanks to Gareth for this brilliant and very resourceful tool that he has supplied my town, guild and personal self access to. BRAVO!

L

longshanks

I just wanna say thanks to Gareth for this brilliant and very resourceful tool that he has supplied my town, guild and personal self access to. BRAVO!
Well put Butch. This is a treasure and again reinforces why Chessy is the best shard in the game.

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think that option one would be best, the engraved statues are difficult to read and line up with teleporters.

N

Nastia Cross

As an addendum to my vote for option 1, the display should clearly label which location the teleporter is for and which facet. I know this is best illustrated with the engraved statues you are currently using, but its always nice to have a little taste of each location in the display as well.

On that note, we'll be getting you a teleport tile and a Dupre's Shield soon.

georox

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I prefer 2... if it doesn't have a name on it.. I'm not going through the portal. I don't care to keep a reference manual as to who has what display.

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I have to say... with your "rules of the HUB" you sound like a lawyer. That's not bad, it actually very well articulates the, well, rules. I'm just saying, I feel like it's a binding contract for life.

Good idea by the way. Though I doubt that S+S will ever have enough pull to participate. Especially since 50% of the guild is currently unavailable until Milks gets his mid-tour leave.

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
I have to say... with your "rules of the HUB" you sound like a lawyer. That's not bad, it actually very well articulates the, well, rules. I'm just saying, I feel like it's a binding contract for life.
Lawyer eh? Hmmm *has an extra house to customize* "The law offices of Gareth" heheh. I tried to make sure I covered all of my bases with the rules. I'm sure everyone knows, it only takes one little thing to throw a project into chaos. I also wanted to make sure those connecting to the hub feel safe in handing over such an expensive item, by publicly stating who is responsible.

Good idea by the way. Though I doubt that S+S will ever have enough pull to participate.
I am unsure of what you mean by enough pull to participate. If it wouldn't be to much trouble for you to explain it a bit more. If I am reading that right I don't want anyone to think they need to have a large presence or be a certain group to connect.

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Community Teleport Hub Unavailable

The last vendor has been taken down at the hub building. For the next hour or so I will be customizing the building to restore the teleport hub.