• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Community Collections

• Thread starter Goodoljoe
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
G

Goodoljoe

Is there any plans to widen the range of awards on these collections?I got the impression
that with the exception of very few rewards(mostly Brit Library..) not many people do them
as some of the rewards such as armors are really not that good,and cost 500K+ points
each which is o__O .With SA relatively ´´close`` we all know what happens with the hype of new items,90% of the actual items will become forgotten and totally replaced with new artifacts,imbued items,and what not.Collections will totally be taken out of the scheme by that point.

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
About a year and a half or two years ago one of the Five on Friday questions was if there were any plans to adjust the points needed for items in the community collections. The answere was that they were going to look into it after they made some changes or something to that effect. Several months later, they made the changes to randomize the ore and tree spots, but still no word on any changes to the community collection points.

Borric

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
New stuff would be nice.

I'd like a better turn in system. I can turn in about 100k boards in an hour, but then i need some Excedrin, and a days break from UO.

G

Goodoljoe

Its a shame really the collections had much potential as an alternative way for people to grab stuff,titles etcs.But when you look at the point values and the overall quality of it (at least compared to nowadays stuff) its discouraging.A system that efforts work and time invested and not just pure luck,granted scripters probably ruined it anyway but thats is assured to happen in anything they implement.Im looking at moonglow zoo armor and well,its not particularly impressive,costs 500K a piece,rofl,how many kirins and unicorns is this? Dont tell me,i do not want to know.I am sure I have never seen anyone with a single reward cloth or piece of armor from that zoo in all years i been playing,granted I havent
seen either any from library,but the glasses and talismans are very popular.

Kariny

UO Lake Superior News Reporter
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm still hoping someday they will accept sos's since they take maps. Also, fix it so I don't have to click on all my spellbooks! ACK!

Some collections have very little you can donate. Wish the fishing would take shipwreck items, chests, nets, and junk you can't sell.

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm still hoping someday they will accept sos's since they take maps. Also, fix it so I don't have to click on all my spellbooks! ACK!

Some collections have very little you can donate. Wish the fishing would take shipwreck items, chests, nets, and junk you can't sell.
I agree and the turn in method needs a revamp as well but as for the new items that would be welcomed. The Vesper Collection has a Kryss (Blackthorns) and a Sword (Justice) and Geoffrey's Axe. So that's 1 Fecning skill and 2 Sword skills but no Mace or Archery ...How about a Mace Weapon like Dupre's Mace and Spark's bow or something...

:thumbup1:

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It would be awesome if I could turn in the shipwreck stuff. It should not be too hard to implement, since you could turn them in for the spring cleaning event.

The Paladin guy needs some more options too, maybe some type of sword, armor, and/or some type of monster item (that showed you killed it). The paladin guy has got to be the worst one to do.

Stayin Alive,

BG

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Perhaps add "donation boxes" (like the commodity deed box) that allows one to donate (but not redeem) in the future from the comfort of one's home? Or perhaps a "donation bag" for each collector that, like recycling bags, transform the contents into a ticket that can be donated like the spring rewards collection ticket?

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Perhaps add "donation boxes" (like the commodity deed box) that allows one to donate (but not redeem) in the future from the comfort of one's home? Or perhaps a "donation bag" for each collector that, like recycling bags, transform the contents into a ticket that can be donated like the spring rewards collection ticket?
Now that's thinking. Great idea!:bowdown:

B

Bara

I'm new to all this and have a question. Is there a deadline or any known plan to stop the collections?

I really want the +taming/lore talisman, but I know it will take me a fair amount of time to collect enough points.

Thanks.

E

El Phantasmo

I agree, a set up similar to the spring cleaning system would be MUCH more adventageous. Plus being able to drop the items on the NPC would be at least a tad easier then having to click on the gem for every spellbook, map, etc. It would be better if the targeting icon would just stay up, similar to how you fill a BOD. Also, whether using the tickets to choose any item you want or just having the NPC keep track of your points will work. Great idea Maplestone!

M

Maggie

I think the librarians should sell collection bags. They could work just like salvage bags but when you click on it the option is to donate items or maybe you could just donate bag so only target bag and all is taken.

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm new to all this and have a question. Is there a deadline or any known plan to stop the collections?

I really want the +taming/lore talisman, but I know it will take me a fair amount of time to collect enough points.

Thanks.
There aren't any plans as far as I know to do away with the Collections.

We're just discussing the idea of "how nice it would be" if they add more items available and make the donation process less cumbersome.

It really isn't a whole lot of fun doing some of these donators. Mace and Shield is 80,000 battle axes or something like that...

Not my idea of a good time or great gaming experience but those glasses are probably the best head gear a warrior/archer can get.

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Personally I would disband the library and scatter those collections around to various cities, each with their own set of rewards and revamp the points/donations a little (keep the option of dumping huge amounts of gold/raw materials, but make the focus more on spring-cleaning level points for uncommons - if the fisherman collection accepted items recovered from a shipwreck at 100 or 250 points a pop, it would really make a huge difference in the feel of the game for fishermen).

Have the vesper museum, instead of boards, accept minor artifacts of all kinds as well as all future event uncommons (with point value scaled by the age of items - counted in weeks like parrots).

Have the zoo accept all tamables (points based on the newly redefined creature level) and add two quest givers, one who offers tickets for double points for a random tamable creature each day and another that offers tickets for double points for the creatures in the next tier the zoo is trying to fill.

It would be a lot of work for just one system, but I think the spring cleaning showed the collection system itself is a popular and useful idea, just the implementation was a little off.

Kariny

UO Lake Superior News Reporter
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Personally I would disband the library and scatter those collections around to various cities, each with their own set of rewards and revamp the points/donations a little (keep the option of dumping huge amounts of gold/raw materials, but make the focus more on spring-cleaning level points for uncommons - if the fisherman collection accepted items recovered from a shipwreck at 100 or 250 points a pop, it would really make a huge difference in the feel of the game for fishermen).

Have the vesper museum, instead of boards, accept minor artifacts of all kinds as well as all future event uncommons (with point value scaled by the age of items - counted in weeks like parrots).

Have the zoo accept all tamables (points based on the newly redefined creature level) and add two quest givers, one who offers tickets for double points for a random tamable creature each day and another that offers tickets for double points for the creatures in the next tier the zoo is trying to fill.

It would be a lot of work for just one system, but I think the spring cleaning showed the collection system itself is a popular and useful idea, just the implementation was a little off.
Instead of having just little items inside the library it could add small changes to the cities. Sort of like how the zoo operates on donations.
I like the idea of placing certain collections in the cities they have strong association with. The collections for Magery in Moonglow, Mining/smithing in Minoc and so forth.

Give people a different title also for their favorite city they support and change up the reward items.