• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Communication Ineptitude or Nothing Worth Communicating??

Ancient Sosarian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hail Sosarians,

For MONTHS we were told an IMPORTANT Video was Coming. Finally we were told WHEN it would be Released. Months LATER with little plausible explanation for the delay of its Release we get a "portion" of the Video which says little of even littler Importance.

Then we are Told of a Coming IMPORTANT House of Commons session. Almost No One appears to have known how to participate and neither a Complete Video or even Complete Transcript is Released. A "portion" of the HOC is shared, tho not by EA or Bioware Staff. Again it says little of even littler Importance.

Magincia will supposedly be Rebuilt, but only around "Have Much and Have Less" Folks and Their Housing Plots.

Do our GameMasters truly have NOTHING of Importance to Share with the Players and Payers??? Do our GameMasters truly care so LITTLE about our Input???

Or are they Simply simpletons when and where it comes to Communicating???

These are my Observations and Questions.

What are Thine???

An SoS

silent

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Agreed, I feel like I'm part of corporate America yet this is a game. I get enough BS like this at my job, we shouldn't have to deal with poor planning, communication, service for something we pay for.

L

LoL/Sonoma

Wow. How about we give it a few days before hitting the panic button. When i have things transcribed for work it takes a few days minimum (ususally a week).

The video could be posted somewhere though ... but it just might not be up yet. Again a few days wont kill anyone.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I'm also disappointed that the full video has taken so long to publish. One the one hand, I understand that the hold up has been PR (i.e., not the devs' department). On the other hand, a tentative timeline would be nice.

K

Kiminality

It seems likely that the devs' hands are tied by the corporate structure of EA - perhaps more so with more of EA's attention coming in the direction of MMOs with The Old Republic.
EA are all about making money, and has been abundantly observable, are no strangers to culling jobs wherever it seems they get away with it. Doesn't it stand to reason that, if the devs were the functional equivalent to Furbys, that the upper echelons would come down on them like the fist of an angry god?
As such, does it not also stand to reason that since they haven't been dramatically splattered across the unemployment line, that the fault of any shortcoming displayed by them doesn't rest significantly on their shoulders?

In relation to this thread, and specifically the subject of Sevin's post (although I suspect it directed more as a comment against moderation than it was towards the rules), let's try and keep this nice.
A rule of thumb to keep in mind that if you're going to criticise anything, "that idea is stupid" is indelicate, but acceptable "You're stupid" is an attack.

S

Sevin0oo0

maybe the uppers don't know what is really going on and are being told by the minions that the players are loving it all and satisfaction levels have never been better.

as far as moderation, I personally have little respect for rules here, nor in-game. banned, just make a new one right?, no one will even know. seems to be the way of UO isn't it? That's where I learned it. I'm just tired of crappy lip service and really just don't care, not anymore. so it doesn't really matter to me.Yes, labeling people is wrong, some verbals in Italy will land you in jail.
There's been post after post after post about lack of communication - all they got was :talktothehand: Now they're MAD
and a lot of them feel lied to now about all this HOC video crap, and that's not just from posters on This fan-sight either.
So no communication is acceptable as long as they can get away w/ it? Many feel this way about scripting too(but only the 'bad guys').
Truth is truth and a lie is a lie, regardless of rules and can't be changed, but rules can be used to mask the truth and skew it - sugar coat it.
I'll use every public avenue I can find to let the word out about the Real state of UO, already started tonight
Maybe I've been playing UO too long and need to just take it all and throw it in the trash.
Having the stroke made it neigh impossible to cope w/ BS anyways, 'sides, who needs it?
have a nice evening

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
banned, just make a new one right?, no one will even know.
In UO, maybe. At Stratics, we have unique tools and a few skillful staffers who are unusually good at finding and ban evaders. Just fyi.