• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Commodity Deed Box & Death

Quenchant

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The new vet reward commodity deed box can't be insured (it's a container). It isn't blessed either.

If you die, it can be looted from you. So be careful when your transporting the box.

My apologies if this has already been mentioned. I didn't see this in any other thread.

Q

A

~Antzy~Pantz~

Isn't every other vet reward blessed? Why isn't this one? hmm...

D

D'Amavir

Because it's a container.
Yes. Makes sense even though it is a little risky for those that travel between facets with the containers to different of their houses.

And I know I am one of those that point out the many many bad things that the UO team has done to our little game, however, commodity boxes=BEST IDEA EVAH! I wish it would have been just a craftable or purchasable item, just having something like this in game makes life much better for crafters, craft skill trainers and vendors. Good job.

T

T_Amon_from_work

I haven't looked in ages but maybe someone can answer if any of these are blessed.
Salvage Bags
Bags of Sending
Altar of Sacrifice

I believe BoS may have been blessed, but not sure. However, if any one of these is a blessed item - and they are containers - then the deed box should also be blessed.

L

Lord Drakelord

I haven't looked in ages but maybe someone can answer if any of these are blessed.
Salvage Bags
Bags of Sending
Altar of Sacrifice

I believe BoS may have been blessed, but not sure. However, if any one of these is a blessed item - and they are containers - then the deed box should also be blessed.
Salvage Bags not blessed
Bags of Sending not blessed
Altar of Sacrifice No clue since I don't have one

D

D'Amavir

Salvage Bags
Bags of Sending
Altar of Sacrifice

Are the bag of sendings really a 'container' though. I mean, can you put something in it and carry it around there or does everything you put into it automatically go to the bank? I never really used them so I don't know. But, as has been said, the salvage bags are not blessed. As for the altars, isn't anything put in there deleted? So, its not like you can really run around using those as 'containers' either.

I think the idea was to not have containers that you can carry around with stuff in them that were blessed. It just opens up too many opportunities for abuse.

drinkbeerallday

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you double click the bag of sending and a target cursor comes up

it's not blessed because that would just be silly

T

Tovladian Soltyr

The new vet reward commodity deed box can't be insured (it's a container). It isn't blessed either.

If you die, it can be looted from you. So be careful when your transporting the box.

My apologies if this has already been mentioned. I didn't see this in any other thread.

Q
I do believe it was meant to not be blessed cause it's purpose implies that it be locked down in a house so you don't have to Xport it places.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Yet another Pub 55 screw up. The list builds.....

It if WERE blessed, you'd consider THAT a screw up too.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If it were, it would really be one though. People need to understand, anything placed inside of a blessed or insured container would automatically act as if it were blessed or insured as well. They don't give out blessed containers for a reason.

U

ultima online

quivers of infinity are containers and are also blessed :O

D

D'Amavir

Yeah, that's how I thought they worked. Based on that, I wouldn't consider them to be 'containers' at all. Are they insurable though? Again, not that it matters because it can't be used as a container, but I was curious since I really don't know much about them.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, but they only hold arrows/bolts. Same thing goes for the cat statue from the spring decor set.. it only holds reagents, and only the ones it spawns.. can't add more of your own.

They might have done something special for quivers though.. so no idea on that.

U

ultima online

Yeah, that's how I thought they worked. Based on that, I wouldn't consider them to be 'containers' at all. Are they insurable though? Again, not that it matters because it can't be used as a container, but I was curious since I really don't know much about them.
nope not insurable either

U

ultima online

Yeah, but they only hold arrows/bolts. Same thing goes for the cat statue from the spring decor set.. it only holds reagents, and only the ones it spawns.. can't add more of your own.

They might have done something special for quivers though.. so no idea on that.
also referring to your other post about item placed in a blessed container, commodity deeds are blessed anyway so it wouldnt be too much of a problem if they were inside of a blessed container, i havnt had a chance to play about with the new vet reward yet, so i dont know if its useful to actually store deeds them in it anyway

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Salvage Bags not blessed
Bags of Sending not blessed
Altar of Sacrifice No clue since I don't have one
The Alters deed.....the deed is blessed but in that form they are not containers.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, but you gotta remember the box both lets you redeem and MAKE commodity deeds.. and the resources you'd be putting into that box to make deeds sure as heck aren't blessed. :p

Xanthril of LA

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are the commodity deed boxes account bound? If not, I will definitely wait to select one when my younger account gets its next vet reward.

D

D'Amavir

Are the commodity deed boxes account bound? If not, I will definitely wait to select one when my younger account gets its next vet reward.
Not bound. Usable by anyone and tradeable. So, you can move it from house to house and home owner to home owner depending on your need.

D

D'Amavir

also referring to your other post about item placed in a blessed container, commodity deeds are blessed anyway so it wouldnt be too much of a problem if they were inside of a blessed container, i havnt had a chance to play about with the new vet reward yet, so i dont know if its useful to actually store deeds them in it anyway
The new boxes hold much more than just deeds.

U

ultima online

The new boxes hold much more than just deeds.
oh right can it only hold items that can be deeded? or anything like a regular container can?
also can it hold items while its not locked down or secured inside of a house, like if it was in your backpack?

because if it cannot be used as a container in your backpack, then why isnt it blessed? nothing will be blessed inside of it if it cannot hold anything.

D

D'Amavir

oh right can it only hold items that can be deeded? or anything like a regular container can?
also can it hold items while its not locked down or secured inside of a house, like if it was in your backpack?

because if it cannot be used as a container in your backpack, then why isnt it blessed? nothing will be blessed inside of it if it cannot hold anything.
Can be used to carry non deedable items. Can be carried on your person and used as a container. Should not be blessed or insurable.

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I saw this on test last week. I was wondering how long it would take someone to cry that it not blessed.

PS to drunk on beer guy think of it as removel of the trammel code in Fel :lick:

T

T_Amon_from_work

thanks ... that's what I get for top-of-the-head wondering at work instead of infront of UO! shoots my thoughts right in the foot.