• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tech Help] Command?

O

Old Man of UO

I've had one occasion where the file has gone bad and been overwritten by a default file when I've loaded the character. Not sure what I did but I restored from a backup, then attempted another copy/paste and it worked. Was basically creating a long macro with lots of repetition in the guts of it, which itself was then repeated x10.
I have a bit of a different behavior, and am pretty sure now that I fired a Registry setting. I don't think my problem is game related. The game just sees a "corrupt" file and creates a new one.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
ok silly question here how do I get these to work
UserActionUseItem(WindowData.PlayerStatus.PlayerId ,false)
can i just past it in the command key or do i need to go edit something? i have tried pasting in the box that opens when you edit command key but not working for me!

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I must be too dense to handle it. I tried to do the switch between dynamic/corpse/mobile thing and nothing happened. :(

D

Diggity

Petra,

If you are using copy/paste, check to see if the last word Filter does not have any spaces snuck in. On my browser, somehow there is an extra space in the word. Take it out and it should work fine. These filter commands are great.

Or if you are typing it all in manually, be sure it is exact, capital letters must be the same. That one always gets me too.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thanks, I did copy/paste and the last word in each is filt er
I'm doing it right otherwise? put the 'command' icon in the macro and copy the first instruction, ending at 'filter', then put in a second 'command' icon for the shorter second instruction?

D

Diggity

Yes. Just remove the spacings and use one command action for each instruction. So the second box would contain: script UserSettingsChanged()

B

Beastmaster

These COMMAND examples need to be posted between CODE tags so they will show exactly what is needed.

Thanks to those of you posting, but will you please go back and edit your posts placing the examples in CODE tags please?

O

Old Man of UO

ok silly question here how do I get these to work
UserActionUseItem(WindowData.PlayerStatus.PlayerId ,false)
can i just past it in the command key or do i need to go edit something? i have tried pasting in the box that opens when you edit command key but not working for me!
You need to add the word "script" in front of that command:

Command Icon > script UserActionUseItem(WindowData.PlayerStatus.PlayerId ,false)

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
got it. Thanks.

Of course what I really want is corpses + mobiles when I'm pvming, but I guess I'll learn to switch fast.

B

Beastmaster

Need some help. I can get an empty paperdoll to popup using this:

Code:
script WindowSetShowing("PaperdollWindow", true)
Now how do I get it to show MY paperdoll? I assume it needs something like this somehwere: WindowData.PlayerStatus.PlayerId? In otherwords how do I get the ID of MY paperdoll and then reference it in the function?

F

Fink

Is there any way to switch the keystroke for object handles? I used the right-side ctrl-shift for that. I can't seem to find the setting, maybe there's a way using command?

*edit*

Also I can't get a pet or spoken function to work after dismount, is there a command work-around? I basically want a dismount/all kill

D

dupadupa

maybe im being thick, but "how" do i act use these in a macro?

im so lost, maybe cause its sunday!! lol

im creating a macro, dragging the command option in. copy and pasting

im trying to use the following command, and are inputting it like so,

Corpses -
COMMAND script SystemData.Settings.GameOptions.objectHandleFilter = SystemData.Settings.ObjectHandleFilter.eCorpseFilt er
COMMAND script UserSettingsChanged()

so i select command, then copy and paste: script SystemData.Settings.GameOptions.objectHandleFilter = SystemData.Settings.ObjectHandleFilter.eCorpseFilter

then selecting another command, then copy and paste: script UserSettingsChanged()

? any ideas

no idea what i was doing wrong but ive got it working now!! so yeah, just ignore me!!

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
beware of excess spaces. That's what stopped it working for me. As I see it in the browser the last word of the first command reads as filt er with a space between the t and the e. There shouldn't be a space. - Diggety pointed it out a few posts up. I had the same problem with the mobile health bar one, shows here as c urrent target instead of current target.

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Need some help. I can get an empty paperdoll to popup using this:

Code:
script WindowSetShowing("PaperdollWindow", true)
Now how do I get it to show MY paperdoll? I assume it needs something like this somehwere: WindowData.PlayerStatus.PlayerId? In otherwords how do I get the ID of MY paperdoll and then reference it in the function?
There is already a keybinding for that.

See this thread for better formatted commands.

B

Beastmaster

I know there is a keybinding for it, but I'm try to string together a macro for opening several common windows with one click or keystroke. Is there a way to use existing keybindings in another macro?

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know there is a keybinding for it, but I'm try to string together a macro for opening several common windows with one click or keystroke. Is there a way to use existing keybindings in another macro?
Ahh. Try this:
Code:
script WindowSetShowing("PaperdollWindow"..tostring(WindowData.PlayerStatus.PlayerId), true)

B

Beastmaster

I got this from my character's saved data:
<WindowPositions name="PaperdollWindow999999999" x="1749.000000" y="-1.000000" />

The 99999999 is the Id I think (numbers changed here for security).

Is that what your example was trying to do? Trying to get the Id and concatenate it to the PaperdollWindow string? I had already tried using "PaperdollWindow999999999" with no success.

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm guessing that's because it wasn't created before you tried the script.
This will toggle it:
Code:
UserActionUseItem(WindowData.PlayerStatus.PlayerId,true)
This will toggle it as well:
Code:
MenuBarWindow.TogglePaperdollWindow()

B

Beastmaster

Now we're getting somewhere! That worked. I'll see if I can find the rest I'm after.

Where did you learn about the TogglePaperdollWindow function?

B

Beastmaster

Still working on character sheet. I got backpack with

Code:
script MenuBarWindow.ToggleInventoryWindow()

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Where did you learn about the TogglePaperdollWindow function?
I looked in the MenuBar code.
If there is an action you can perform on the UI (not in the play window, and not a key press), then you can find code for the UI element you click on to learn how to perform that same action.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've sucessfully entered all COMMANDS but one eludes me.
Toggle Display Foliage -
COMMAND script SystemData.Settings.Resolution.displayFoliage=notSystemData.Settings.Resolution.displayFoliage

I can't get this one to work. Must have a bug in it. No spaces except between script and System. This is one line?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if that's a copy/paste the space that's breaking it is in 'notS ystemData' between the S and y

F

Fink

Is a "Legacy Container" toggle possible? I find all three container display types useful.

B

Beastmaster

I learned last night that I couldn't use the TogglePaperdollWindow and the ToggleInventoryWindow() in the same macro and get them both to toggle together. I tried adding a 5sec delay in between the 2 script commands and it still wouldn't work. Whichever script was before the delay would activate but the other would not. However when you use them individually or from the menubar they work just fine and as quick as you can click them.

So, my goal of making one macro open all the normal windows I'd like, seems to be impossible.

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Toggle Display Foliage -
COMMAND script SystemData.Settings.Resolution.displayFoliage=notSystemData.Settings.Resolution.displayFoliage

I can't get this one to work. Must have a bug in it. No spaces except between script and System. This is one line?
1. You need a space between "not" and "SystemData."
You also need two commands for that toggle...
Code:
COMMAND script SystemData.Settings.Resolution.displayFoliage = not SystemData.Settings.Resolution.displayFoliage

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
You need to add the word "script" in front of that command:

Command Icon > script UserActionUseItem(WindowData.PlayerStatus.PlayerId ,false)
thanks oldman I did not even notice it was missing guess thats why I dont write these things ... thanks again

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Toggle Display Foliage -

1. You need a space between "not" and "SystemData."
You also need two commands for that toggle...
Code:
COMMAND script SystemData.Settings.Resolution.displayFoliage = not SystemData.Settings.Resolution.displayFoliage
Works! Thank you! :danceb:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
highlight code, ctrl + c, put 'command' icon in macro to open the slot to put the command in, click cursor in box, ctrl + v to paste.

B

Beastmaster

Once the paperdoll is open, how would you "use" the buttons on it via command macro? We've got examples now of using the MenuBarWindow, but I can't seem to get anything to work from the PaperdollWindow. In particular I was trying to open the character sheet.

O

Old Man of UO

This is one of the best threads... I am SUCH a nerd!

Is there a way to automatically open corpses within range using the Command macro, toggling the corpse object handles, then somehow "double-clicking" them to open? Maybe I am just thinking about this wrong.

PJay

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok this is great stuff Gilder u ROCK :p

OK question tho id like my dismount macro to be able to continue with other functions however whatever i seem to add after the command dosnt happen.
Tried allsort of things.

On a side note people have been meantioning to remount use.
target nearest follower then use target Where in the hell is use target in the macro list??!?! Do they mean use targetted object cause ive tried that with no success.

Thanks all!

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok this is great stuff Gilder u ROCK :p

OK question tho id like my dismount macro to be able to continue with other functions however whatever i seem to add after the command dosnt happen.
Tried allsort of things.

On a side note people have been meantioning to remount use.
target nearest follower then use target Where in the hell is use target in the macro list??!?! Do they mean use targetted object cause ive tried that with no success.

Thanks all!
For your "mount pet" macro, you use two actions from the "Targeting" section of the "Actions" box: (1) Target Next Follower, and (2) Use Targeted Object. The second one of these actions is the very last entry in the list of targetting actions.

If you have two or more pets out of the stable that are equally distant from your character, this macro seems to make your character mount the first one out of the stable or the last one that you used. Otherwise, it has your character mount the closest one. (If you want to make sure you ride the correct mount, it's easier to just click on its bar under the "Pets" bar.)

PJay, do you have Legacy Targeting turned on? I have it turned off and have not had any trouble with this macro working correctly (even while the character is in war mode).

PJay

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah yes thats cured it arnt you a superstar :p

Id still like to know if its possible to add more to the command macros. I cant even seen to get a simple all follow me macro onto the end or even get it to say the words. Any ideas? Ive tried using a delay with no success.

F

Fink

Tried allsort of things.
I'm having trouble here, also. I don't have a solution for you, just noting its not only your problem, might save you going mad. I guess you're trying to put a bola or pet command in there somewhere (maybe both?).

PJay

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
oh well id not thought of bola but would be nice to add after the dismount the all follow me macro.

F

Fink

Another Command challenge if it's at all possible..

I want a macro to do this:

Fletching Tool > Make Last > Close Fletching Menu

Basically I want to be able to turn plain logs into shafts as I chop for special wood. I have enough plain lumber to last me forever, but shafts are much easier to carry and ultimately more useful to me.

Normally I could do this by leaving the menu open and up-screen enough that only the Make Last button is visible, but SA won't allow you to drag the menu offscreen like Classic.

Alternatively, if the Fletching menu can be relocated via Command so that it's positioned off/upscreen as mentioned, I can just click the button. Either would be good. Thanks.

PJay

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok im going mental now!

Is there a way to add a pause into a command? Ive managed to get the macro to say all follow me but it simply does the all follow me before the dismount?!

Code:
script UserActionUseItem( WindowData.PlayerStatus.PlayerId, false ) SendChat( L"All Follow Me" )

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok im going mental now!

Is there a way to add a pause into a command? Ive managed to get the macro to say all follow me but it simply does the all follow me before the dismount?!

Code:
script UserActionUseItem( WindowData.PlayerStatus.PlayerId, false ) SendChat( L"All Follow Me" )
You want those to be two separate commands.

Code:
script UserActionUseItem( WindowData.PlayerStatus.PlayerId, false )
script SendChat( L"All Follow Me" )
Or you could even make the second one a "Say", instead of a Command. Or the "All follow me" action even.

PJay

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ive tried to use the other features with no success after the dismount command nothing else will work.

Tried a delay ive tried the all follow me pet command ive tried the say then added all follow me they do not work after the dismount.

My first version was to add the commands as u have displayed them here but that wouldnt work. Its as if anything after the dismount command is disreguarded unless its in the same command box.

B

Beastmaster

Its as if anything after the dismount command is disreguarded unless its in the same command box.

That's what I have been seeing every time I try to use multiple COMMANDs in a single macro.

V

Valitir

The "Mount Nearest Follower" command is brilliant!!

This thread demonstrates real UO community at work, and at it's best, in my humble opinion.

Well not just the thread...all of SA, and how everyone is so willing to help others!!