• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Command Line Script for the EC to get around Pets Failing All Kill while Mounted

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Anyone who has used a loose pet while mounted on another pet knows that if you use the "all kill" command while mounted the pet you are mounted on will fail the command and lose loyalty. If you don't keep a close eye on this the pet you are mounted on can go wild.

If you use the Enhanced Client there is a fairly simple fix for it. In your kill command macro, replace the "all kill" command with a command script that sends one command if you are mounted, and a different one if you are not. So if you are mounted it will name the loose pet in the command, if you not mounted it will use the "all kill" command so that all your pets attack. It would be more complicated, but this could be modified to be used with more than two pets as well.

Script to send one command if you are mounted and one if you are not:
Code:
script if WindowData.MountedObjId > 0 then SendChat(nil, L"/say Dumbo kill") else SendChat(nil, L"/say all kill") end
For Pinco's UI it should be as follows:
Code:
script if IsRiding() then SendChat(nil, L"/say Dumbo kill") else SendChat(nil, L"/say all kill") end

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
What is it 'Dumbo'?
Should I close UO, modify the script and start UO again every time I change pet?

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
What is it 'Dumbo'?
Should I close UO, modify the script and start UO again every time I change pet?
"Dumbo" is just a pet name, you would change it to the name of whatever your loose pet is. Unfortunately anytime you change your loose pet you have to edit the command in the macro. I have the macro icon on my desktop to make it easy to edit. However, if you only have one pet out, and you are riding it, you should make sure that name is not the name of that pet. That will prevent your pet from losing loyalty if you accidentally use your kill command macro while mounted.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Can I just use a "say Dumbo kill" macro and edit it easily without reloading UI?
You don't need to reload the UI for any of this. You just make a macro with a command in it, and the command is what I've listed above. Command line scripts are an option in your actions menus for macros. It allows you to use short scripts inside macros without the need to create a mod or reload your UI. All you need to do if you change pets is change the name in the macro, or you could change your pet names to match the script. The command script action is found under the "Other" menu in actions, in both the default and Pinco's ui.