• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Coming Back...

H

Hoeya

...but finding nobody. Are all the servers depopulated? I cant find more than a handful of people online on my server at any one time. What servers seem to be more populated than others? I'd like to log on and see more than ten people wandering around.

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Welcome back to the game. My server seems to be OK. They have free emigration occasionally from a couple servers. So there are people still playing (lol).

There are advantages and disadvantages to having a low-populated server. You shouldn't get much competition camping monsters, for example...

As far as I know, there isn't a list showing population per server. There is an economic index on one site (which I can't link here because of their advertising). What it shows is the amount of trade going on, but that's a good indication of population, too.

Odin8.63 (-0.82%)
Bahamut8.46 (+0.23%)
Phoenix8.11 (+0.44%)
Fenrir8.10 (+7.75%)
Unicorn7.97 (-0.90%)
Titan7.93 (-2.38%)
Cerberus7.91 (+1.73%)
Asura7.89 (+0.42%)
Fairy7.86 (+0.75%)
Remora7.85 (+1.13%)
Garuda7.80 (+0.27%)
Pandemonium7.68 (-1.22%)
Bismarck7.64 (-0.16%)
Ifrit7.63 (-0.01%)
Ragnarok7.61 (+0.91%)
Shiva7.59 (-0.51%)
Lakshmi7.59 (-0.39%)
Carbuncle7.55 (-0.38%)
Caitsith7.54 (+0.07%)
Siren7.53 (+0.57%)
Hades7.51 (-1.09%)
Gilgamesh7.47 (-0.28%)
Sylph7.46 (+0.55%)
Quetzalcoatl7.45 (-1.58%)
Seraph7.44 (+1.79%)
Leviathan7.41 (+0.11%)
Diabolos7.40 (+0.73%)
Alexander7.38 (-1.57%)
Kujata7.37 (+0.05%)
Ramuh7.34 (+0.61%)
Midgardsormr7.22 (-0.64%)
Valefor7.04 (-1.07%)

M

Marylene

ramuh seems to be devoid of life aswel jeuno is ok i gues its still populated not how it was a year ago but still many there starter towns are ghost towns mostly 4 ppl at each auction house so i feel what your saying getting scared of getting a team at al low lvl

K

kouper

It seems like the lowbie areas are completely devoid of life on multiple servers, although I did see a few people runnin around windy on cait sith.... I think its just the age of the game, not as many lowbies.

Even in wow with its 11 million subscribers you can go to lowbie places and not see anyone, outside of capitol cities the leveling areas are pretty baren. Its just the evolution of an MMO's life.

M

Marylene

i seen some ppl fighting around windy east sarabuta area's its alive i gues :D

but where do ppl these days horde up it used to be jeuno

K

kouper

Im sure its still jeuno, or maybe the new higher up places, Ive only been as far as jeuno so I dontknow. hahah.

Also, playing at work, and having my boss come and talk to me is hilarious. since I have two computers, one faces the door, the other faces my wall, so it looks like Im always working.... Glad I can afk while leveling in the super low levels

K

kouper

One thing I wish square would change, is to let the game stay connected even though its not in full screen mode.... Its irritating to have to reconnect and all that just because I alt tabbed.

M

Marylene

hmm kouper try your graphic config in start menu cause im playing windowed mode LEGALY :p i did i trough there graphics config thingy

K

kouper

ok. I'll check that then.... Im having a slow day and I have time to play, but every now and then I need a file off the lap top. hahaha. Also, the little newbie quests they added are awesome, so nice to have it explain synthesis better then just being like, go to a guild and try.... haha.

M

Marylene

ay i remember when usa version was released just barely a week i was like what the hell are ppl doing with fire out of there hands breaking things at the auction house

then i heard it was crafting :p

K

kouper

Haha, I always wondered that, but this was my first mmo so I didnt understand I should be talking to people.... I was slow. haha.

ALso, windowed mode rocks, so does auto sort for the inventory.

H

Hoeya

Oh, good. Thats pretty much what I was hoping. I started on two servers and kinda got scared. I'm going to stay on Phoenix for now... I'm playing on the 360 version, does that make a difference at all?

K

kouper

Oh, good. Thats pretty much what I was hoping. I started on two servers and kinda got scared. I'm going to stay on Phoenix for now... I'm playing on the 360 version, does that make a difference at all?
Ya, it means you have the option of being on a big bad as heck screen seated on a nice comfy couch with awesome speakers.... :) Oh, and i like the xbox controller way better for controlling the game... Although I bought a cheap 15$ wireless usb keyboard from target so I can chat since any keyboard that doesnt require special drivers will work.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It seems like the lowbie areas are completely devoid of life on multiple servers, although I did see a few people runnin around windy on cait sith.... I think its just the age of the game, not as many lowbies.

Even in wow with its 11 million subscribers you can go to lowbie places and not see anyone, outside of capitol cities the leveling areas are pretty baren. Its just the evolution of an MMO's life.
Good point, but as you said this goes for any MMO nearly. Only Ultima Online has a good mass of people in the starter areas.

Ideally you shouldn't expect to see many people at all in the starting areas since levels 1 through 10 fly by relatively quickly. The highlands area adjacent to the Dunes as well as LaTheinne you will see a few people running around. Other than that, the infamous Dunes is the first place were you actually see a few people and begin grouping.

B

Banhammer

Ya, it means you have the option of being on a big bad as heck screen seated on a nice comfy couch with awesome speakers.... :) Oh, and i like the xbox controller way better for controlling the game... Although I bought a cheap 15$ wireless usb keyboard from target so I can chat since any keyboard that doesnt require special drivers will work.
I play on PC myself, but I have a PS2 controller hooked up via a USB adapter, which works really well.

I suppose it's possible to get used to the keyboard controls given enough time, but I found the gamepad controls to be easier back when I started.

K

kouper

I play on PC myself, but I have a PS2 controller hooked up via a USB adapter, which works really well.

I suppose it's possible to get used to the keyboard controls given enough time, but I found the gamepad controls to be easier back when I started.
I would say ffxi is the one mmo I know of who's gamepad controls are better then the keyboard....

B

Banhammer

I would say ffxi is the one mmo I know of who's gamepad controls are better then the keyboard....
In all fairness, I doubt it really has that much competition. There's Phantasy Star Online and, well...Phantasy Star Online. (Age of Conan was supposed to get a 360 version eventually, but I don't know if that's still planned or not.)

K

kouper

In all fairness, I doubt it really has that much competition. There's Phantasy Star Online and, well...Phantasy Star Online. (Age of Conan was supposed to get a 360 version eventually, but I don't know if that's still planned or not.)
What Im saying though, is other mmo's on the pc youd never attempt to use a gamepad... wow would be terrible with one... unless your a pally. haha