• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

coming back?

P

Pentar123

Hello,

I decided to give it a shot after quiting for about 4 years of downtime. What is going on with everything? I know nothing anymore, i have realized towns are being taken over but that is about all i know. If someone could fill me in on some of the basics like caps and such that would be greatly appreciated. Also im looking to join a good guild so let me know.

P.S. I played on characters Pentar, Captain Planet, Kampella and a buncha others. If your were my friend and still play let me know.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello,

I decided to give it a shot after quiting for about 4 years of downtime. What is going on with everything? I know nothing anymore, i have realized towns are being taken over but that is about all i know. If someone could fill me in on some of the basics like caps and such that would be greatly appreciated. Also im looking to join a good guild so let me know.

P.S. I played on characters Pentar, Captain Planet, Kampella and a buncha others. If your were my friend and still play let me know.
Oh my.

Honestly you are better off asking questions as you think of them, and/or looking in UOGUIDE.com.

I can hardly remember 4 years ago anymore....So much has happened.

-Galen's player

PS: Welcome back and we'll all try our best to answer any questions you may have as they come up.

P

Pentar123

Alright thank you for that.. and here i got a few.

Fc/fcr cap?
velocity on bows?
other caps like DI, SS, LMC
what are top guilds now a days?

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Alright thank you for that.. and here i got a few.

Fc/fcr cap?
velocity on bows?
other caps like DI, SS, LMC
what are top guilds now a days?
For magery, cap is FC2/FCR6. For Chivarly, cap is FC4/FCR6. No idea for Necromancy or Spellweaving. (Necromancy is now impacted by FC/FCR btw. Was that in before you left? Not sure about Spellweaving.)

Velocity is basically a hit spell effect. It does some extra damage based on how far away you are, the further you are away the more damage the Velocity hit will do.

DI cap is 100% from items, I think 300% overall. By SS do you mean SSI, or Swing Speed Increase? If so there is a cap but I forget what it is. :( Like 60 or something? Overall swing speed, regardless of how you get there, is capped at 1 swing per 1.25 seconds. LMC is capped at 40%.

Top guilds in numeric terms are here:

http://town.uo.com/guilds/shard_4.html

in terms of quality that's subjective...Depends on your personality, the personality of the guild, and what you want to do in-game.

-Galen's player

P

peanutbutter

what he said on the fc/fcr

velocity adds +1 damage for each tile between the shooter and the target (though some are using the property for OTHER reasons here lately... same old UO)

the way SSI appears on your weapons may be different from 4 years ago - now it shows you how fast you're swinging (without your dex and such considered)

uo guide is about as good a guide as you're gonna get these days, but i think they probably need some help from the community because there are a few holes in their information

if you thought service was bad 4 years ago, it's exponentially worse now... but it's UO. you either play it or you don't.

Lake Superior, sadly, is mostly a shadow of what you probably remember. the time-line escapes me, but i doubt any of the old guilds you remember are around. there's a couple Ewok (that's a break from EOS) players still poking around.

some guys tried (or are trying) to actually bring NBK back (now that's old school).

i heard a while back that Spoz was gonna come back and i hoped to see WOR rise from the ashes, but i doubt that'll happen.

BEC has been around for-friggin-ever, but i don't know what they are doing anymore.

ummm... BMW is back, but i don't think it's the same people from years ago... not sure.

UOF split and then there was OMEN and they split and there was a run on names and some shuffling of people and now there's CUTE...

there's still some MM people running around - they go back at least a couple years, i'm sure.

if you're looking for PvP and want to get right into the action seek out MD. if you want to try to help a group of people make their mark on the PvP seen, seek out NEXT. if you are already a baller red, maybe you can meet the high standards (which really just hurts the LS PvP community) some of the other groups place on people.

if you're looking for PvE, seek out ED or go to the monday night meetings in skara (i think company of strangers still does that, though the orcs and stuff don't come anymore)...

there's what i have - nobody else was posting guild stuff, so if the information is wrong, too bad.

good luck to you, friend.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LS's PvP scene has always been vibrant and lively, rarely if ever with one guild dominating the scene.

Claims by one guild of "owning" or "dominating" the scene have typically been exaggerated, and thankfully folks' even claiming that is pretty rare these days.

So expect a lot of flow, a lot of guilds rising, falling, splitting up, rising under a different name with a different "cast," then falling again.....

That's just LS.

-Galen's player

PS: Oh, and on BEC, I'm in them now. Mostly we've been doing the new content; the graveyard spawn and the War of Shadows and the like. We also run an auction.

If you want PvM action without a big guild, there's the Community Hunts, and of course there's always just showing up a a certain place where it usually takes place. When you hear about a city being invaded (you try to recall to it and are blocked or redirected to Jhelom, or go there and find a lot of NPCs acting strangely), show up and fight, there's excellent odds that other people are around too. When there's no invasion, get a gold skull and go to the Doom Gauntlet, or hang out outside the Blighted Grove and hitch a ride onto a public Lady Mel run.

what he said on the fc/fcr

velocity adds +1 damage for each tile between the shooter and the target (though some are using the property for OTHER reasons here lately... same old UO)

the way SSI appears on your weapons may be different from 4 years ago - now it shows you how fast you're swinging (without your dex and such considered)

uo guide is about as good a guide as you're gonna get these days, but i think they probably need some help from the community because there are a few holes in their information

if you thought service was bad 4 years ago, it's exponentially worse now... but it's UO. you either play it or you don't.

Lake Superior, sadly, is mostly a shadow of what you probably remember. the time-line escapes me, but i doubt any of the old guilds you remember are around. there's a couple Ewok (that's a break from EOS) players still poking around.

some guys tried (or are trying) to actually bring NBK back (now that's old school).

i heard a while back that Spoz was gonna come back and i hoped to see WOR rise from the ashes, but i doubt that'll happen.

BEC has been around for-friggin-ever, but i don't know what they are doing anymore.

ummm... BMW is back, but i don't think it's the same people from years ago... not sure.

UOF split and then there was OMEN and they split and there was a run on names and some shuffling of people and now there's CUTE...

there's still some MM people running around - they go back at least a couple years, i'm sure.

if you're looking for PvP and want to get right into the action seek out MD. if you want to try to help a group of people make their mark on the PvP seen, seek out NEXT. if you are already a baller red, maybe you can meet the high standards (which really just hurts the LS PvP community) some of the other groups place on people.

if you're looking for PvE, seek out ED or go to the monday night meetings in skara (i think company of strangers still does that, though the orcs and stuff don't come anymore)...

there's what i have - nobody else was posting guild stuff, so if the information is wrong, too bad.

good luck to you, friend.

P

Pentar123

Thanks alot guys, just one more thing... price on a few arties.
Spirit of totem
Orny
Jackals collar

im looking to buy these and was wondering whats current going rate

S

sapphirediablo11

Spirit of totem
Orny
Jackals collar

Blessed cursed or plain?

P

Pentar123

Just for the orny, i dont need the other prices.. and just a regular ornament.
=]

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Spirit of totem
Orny
Jackals collar

Collar: In the 2.5m to 4m range.

Ornament: 10m to 14m on average. I sell for 6m because I like to sell things quickly.

Spirit: 3.5m to 5m or so.

Artifacts are cheaper now for about about a dozen reasons if not more!

-Galen's player