• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Coming Back to UO

R

Ragus

Been a long time since I've played UO, in fact, I think Samuri Empire was just coming out. Anyway, I wanted to stop in and say hello and to ask what a hoppin' shard was to roll on? I have an older account, but I'm bringing my brother in law with me and want to build a character along side of him. Also, would like to give myself a chance to relearn things and all. So, hello again, and I hope to hear from someone out there :)

A

Azazel of LA

Well I will offer my help to both you and your brother in law if you want to play on one of the smaller shards. I play on Lake Austin where there is plenty of space for housing and most of the people are happy to help out new players. If you choose to play on LA let me know.

T

T_Amon_from_work

Been a long time since I've played UO, in fact, I think Samuri Empire was just coming out. Anyway, I wanted to stop in and say hello and to ask what a hoppin' shard was to roll on? I have an older account, but I'm bringing my brother in law with me and want to build a character along side of him. Also, would like to give myself a chance to relearn things and all. So, hello again, and I hope to hear from someone out there :)
Like Azazel I play on Lake Austin. Small shard, scads of open space for housing, one hell of a good group of folks to help you out.

R

Ragus

Thanks! I'm talking with my brother in law today about it, but I don't think I'll
actually have time to sit down and re-learn things til next week. I'll be sure to look you up once I get there! Thanks again! :)

Nyses

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Assuming you are in North America, the two most populated shards are Atlantic for the East coast, and Pacific for the West coast.

L

Loqucious

Welcome back. Napa shard has good people, but a very low population. Atl is packed with lots of people to play with, but housing is a bear and prices can be expensive.

Warsong of LS

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, let me jump in and suggest Lake Superior.

There are weekly events lead/run by a great group a players for players of all skill levels.

Welcome back.

Reinzeld

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here's a second for Lake Superior. Just because it's the best. [/discussion] :p

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Welcome Ragus! Regardless of which shard you settle down in, you are going to find a great bunch of people. If you choose LS, we have a calendar of events and daily icq reminders. Some things have changed with hunts during the present invasions but you'll find the same people helping out.

*hands you a welcome basket of muffins*

Ancient Sosarian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hail Returning Friend,

I am deeply rooted upon Baja. Should you need any assistance becoming established on Baja, should that be thy choice, seek me out. I will happily aid thee and thy kin in all ways I am able.

An SoS

T

The_Ox

Another Bajaian here, same goes for me just look for me and my guildies LOI we would be more than happy to help you.

R

Ragus

Wow, thanks alot guys and gals! I really appreicate the warm welcome back! I can safely say, I can't remember any other game where I got this kind of responce. I'm living in TX, but both my brother in law and I are looking for a lot of people to play with. He wanted to me ask about the PvP situations on the shards. We would like to test it out, as well as the PvM of course.

L

Lord Drakelord

Wow, thanks alot guys and gals! I really appreicate the warm welcome back! I can safely say, I can't remember any other game where I got this kind of responce. I'm living in TX, but both my brother in law and I are looking for a lot of people to play with. He wanted to me ask about the PvP situations on the shards. We would like to test it out, as well as the PvM of course.

Alot of us central USA folks play on Sonoma, GM of our guild is from TX. I'm in Arkansas. With todays Cable internet, its like playing on a shard right next door. Lots of space around here as well.

R

Ragus

Cool, I'll run it past my brother in law. He was concerned about a lag issue, if there was one... How is the PvP there?

T

targon

Hello there... I'm coming back as well! :)

I was just wondering is there a server list of something that shows time zones? I guess it really doesn't matter with this game since the population is kinda low isn't it? I'm looking for a casual bunch of folks to hang out with. I have characters on Atlantic but might be a good idea to start fresh as I don't know what the heck I am doing anymore! lol :(