• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) Coming Back to UO?

R

Rase

I've been away from UO for almost 5 years now. I have been thinking about re-opening my account, but after playing on a trial account for the last week, I have a few questions.

1) Maybe it's just me, but it seems that almost NO ONE is online. Has the player base gone done that drastically?

2) Does anyone do the gauntlet anymore? If not, what replaced it?

3) Do people actively do champ spawns anymore?

4) What are the common hot spots for players nowadays?

5) WHERE IS EVERYONE?!?!?! lol

Thanks in advance for any answers you all may have =)

A

a Rabid Chipmunk

• Yes the player base has gone down, but for the most part its people moving to more highly populated servers.
  • Yes you can occassionally find people doing the gauntlet, though not as often as 5 years ago, best bet for gauntley action is to try and hook up with a good guild.
  • Yes people still do champ spawns, though mostly for a pvp lure. But you can still find people doing the spawns for the odd 120 or artifact that they actually need still.
  • Hot spots today, are the oceans, the fishing revamp, and pirating is keeping everyone unusually busy on the water
  • See the above 4 ;)

Remo_Williams

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im considering coming back also. I last played right before the "reborn" update. At that time I played the 3d version and I was not inclined to learn the new version. It was very buggy at the time and they destroyed my old "Haven". I am considering playing the 2d version or trying the new version if the bugs have been worked out.
Does anyone use it or are all the real vets still using 2d?

kulder

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use the EC client takes a little to get used too but with the UI's like Pinco's and copper it makes for a whole new experience :D

Remo_Williams

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I may give it a try then. Looks like me old guild has gone bye bye. I see a few members scattered here and there according to myuo. Should be interesting to see whos still around for real.

Lady Arwen

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I still use 2d. I tried the EC when it first came out but without the 2d its not uo for me :)

Remo_Williams

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ill give 2d a try then. My main character was a Tamer. Ill look you up. Thanks for all of the responses.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Legends might be a disappointment if you want a high population. There are very few people here. Most folks classify it as a farming shard.

Remo_Williams

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah it never was a giant population compared to the others. Especially back in the AOL Legends days. I dont want to go through the expense of transferring my characters over. Im hoping a few people I know will still be here.

Remo_Williams

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a GM fisher on a second account. With all of the changes with the high seas expansion, it will be hard to pick which account to bring back..:D

aoLOLita

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fisher acct all the way! More fun now and helluva lot more profitable. I came here from LS the first day AOL Legends shard started, hence the name :) Only went back to xfer chars here.

Small shard with a tight core of friendly and helpful peeps. Alot of farmers as well plus PvPers that can't make it on their home shards - trying to be the "Big Frog in a Small Pond" but our homegrown PVPer susually send them packing:)

Remo_Williams

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Logged in lastnite. Maybe saw 8 people in all but it was late. I may make a fresh fisher on this account being as I dont want to pay 2 accounts anymore. Glad to be back though.

Remo_Williams

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks alot. I am getting my feet back on the ground. Have not been on since spring of 08. Placing a decent house was simple enough. Im suprised at how little i miss the old 3d version. Probably because I have not played it in so long. Im setting up a few macros and such right now. Im not a PvP type for the most part so I should be up to speed in a fairly short time.

B

Batlin of Legends

Welcome back man! I'm kind of in your shoes in that I left UO about 3 years ago and just came back after this Thanksgiving. I still haven't caught up on everything.
Still good people and lots of space for housing here. When I left, Malas was full of houses. Now, it looks like green acres!
I placed a Keep after 1 week and a placed Castle within a month, so the skies the limit here on Legends!

Remo_Williams

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good deal. I cant see myself going off to one of the crowded shards. I cant believe the prices now though. Ill have to get buisy making money for sure.