• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

COM

M

Maryjeans1

Hello friends,
just wanted to know where I join COM?
Thanks

M

Mikeee

To join the Council of Mages faction (CoM) you need to bring your character to the town of Maginicia on the Felucca facet. All the way in the SW corner of the town there will be the faction stronghold. You will need to join the faction by clicking on the sign up stone outside the base. You cannot be in a guild (unless you are the GM) and your other characters cannot be in any faction.

Goodluck.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I can take ya there np. But... I am also TB and get a little trigger happy at the sight of orange.. so um.. yea maybe I shouldn't take ya there. :stir:

Cya on the field though! :sword:

Lady_Calina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Look at Giggles! She's just nothin' but trouble, I tell ya!

Mary, I'm also TB and would take you there... but I stealth... so I wouldn't be easy to follow :D

M

Maryjeans1

Ok Me and my friend cant find it. It like hiding or blends in?

M

Maryjeans1

Ha I just got rez kill there by COM
So is COM like kill anyone in sight, even kill same faction members?
cool

M

Maryjeans1

Once you leave ur old faction , how much time you need to wait to join another faction
?
Thanks

M

Mikeee

Takes 7 days to leave a faction. Also yes many guilds will kill their own (non guilded) faction members. It has been known to happen with rival guilds joining the same faction fighting for commanding lord position as one will just cover the stone and kill others who come to vote.

M

Mikeee

My mistake its been a while since I had to leave a faction. Used to be 7 :)

C

Corvak

I think it's 7 'UO days'. Which translates into between 2 and 3 real world days.

C

CatLord

Quitting a Faction
The act of quitting a faction has several restrictions. The most noteworthy is that the process takes at least three days to complete. This three-day restriction is designed to prevent "faction hopping" and help develop some reasonable sense of permanence within the factions. The specific rules for quitting a faction are described below:

* Individual players are able to resign from a faction by resigning at the faction stone. The player will remain in the faction for three (3) days. After three days, the player will be removed upon the next login.
* Players within a guild and part of a faction cannot individually resign from a faction unless they are the guildmaster. The alternative for guilded players is to resign from the guild itself, then undergo the standard individual faction resignation process above (which will complete after three days).
* A guildmaster may resign his or her entire guild from the faction system. Upon doing this, all players in the guild will then remain within the faction for three more days. After three days, these guild members will be removed from the faction upon their next login.
* During this three-day resignation process, players resigning from the faction will still be eligible to attacks from opposing faction members. A player within the three-day resignation process cannot use a faction stone to check faction information or to participate in faction votes.

http://www.uoherald.com/guide/factions_0.php