• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Lumberjacking] Colored wood & resourse drops question

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All you lumberjacks out there... Got a couple of questions for you:

1) If a tree gives Oak or Ash or Heartwood, can that same tree give Bloodwood - in that same chopping session? I mean, can I stop chopping a tree as soon as I see that it has Oak or Ash (when I'm only looking for Bloodwood)?

2) Are the special resources like the fungi (or the crystal shards in Ter Mur) tied to "higher trees" or are those completely rng?

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1) A tree can only produce one type of colored wood (or all plain) when chopped. If it is Oak, I will stay Oak. It may or may not change later (I say may not because I had a Yew tree, stay Yew, for 3+ months after Random Resources were implemented). Once you find a Bloodwood tree, mark a rune, there is a decent chance it will remain Bloodwood.

2) They are purely RNG and not tied to the rarer wood types.

Stayin Alive,

BG

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1- it's possible in this situation- if you are chopping the tree and the respawn timer hits, it can change and I have had that happen to me. I've started on a tree giving frost wood and as I reached what I knew was the limit for that tree, it kept going and became Yew.